GDT: Wings at Canes - This time with Ice

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Head snapped at a weird angle. Just hope he's ok. Was moving his legs but Friesen was securing his head the whole time. Although that's common First Aid protocol for that situation.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
My completely uninformed medical opinion is that Eddie'sneck is fine. His head after the year he's had? That's a whole different story.

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
Eddie's neck snapped back pretty quickly. It doesn't look good in the replay. His reaction on the ice reminded when Luke Kuechly got his concussion this season for the Panthers.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Was supposed to get a bunch of work done tonight, but just to upset to do that /: Seriously hope Eddie is okay and it was all just precaution.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Watching the replay again and again I think and obviously hope it's just concussion protocol

That's not what concussion protocol looks like. That's what neck trauma protocol looks like.

It could be a broken neck, a stinger, or anything in between. Just don't know yet.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh

After the hit, he closes his legs, sits up somewhat straight, and almost starts to lean forward before slumping over. Makes me think he was trying to get back up before deciding against it. Of course, we don't know what he felt, but obviously it was enough for him to fall down and stay down. But maybe the fact that he was able to try is a good sign? I don't really know. If he felt woozy, that's not good either. But yeah, just something I noticed.

Last edited:

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Eddie Lack has full feeling/movement in his extremities, that's some good news. Hoping he avoided the broken neck as well please.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad