GDT: Wings at Canes - This time with Ice

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
The "bad ice" make-up game. Canes come in riding a 7-0-3 point streak, the longest since 08-09.

Canes will be looking for Sebastian Antero Aho (aka Seabass, aka Fishy), Jeffrey Scott Skinner (aka Skinny, aka "one-hit-away"), Elias Viktor Zebulon Lindholm (aka Lindy, aka "bust"), and Jaccob Scott Slavin (aka Slavs?, aka Captain Awesome) to lead the way. I assume Lack will get one game and Ward will get the other in this back to back.

Lines from pre-game skate.
[Tweet]846369306535452672[/Tweet]

Looks like Eddie Lack in net.

33598889266_fc44a38e87_o.jpg

Last edited:

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
We already had a gdt for this game, I've brought it back from the dead.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm

But it's a game DAY thread. The days are different, even if the game is the same one, so the thread should be different, too.

Between sending Brown down and now this....we're doomed.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006

Nope. We had a GDT for a game that didn't exist, so therefore, by definition, that GDT didn't exist.

MODS: Please lock the other one before it causes a glitch in the matrix.

FaulkYouAho

ferla memes
Sep 14, 2015
North Carolina
i hope we win all the games this season *knock on wood* but this is ridiculous we were playing pressure free hockey and now this? these kids man so streaky. this is so streaky i thought EA called and asked for their gameplay back.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
I'll take the blame if we lose, cause I'm a man and don't point fingers. But come on there was a game day thread for the original game, and 3 months later that same exact game is being played today. I feel like there was a need to have that thread re-birthed and not forgotten. Maybe we don't comment on that thread, but at least appreciate that it once existed.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
I'll take the blame if we lose, cause I'm a man and don't point fingers. But come on there was a game day thread for the original game, and 3 months later that same exact game is being played today. I feel like there was a need to have that thread re-birthed and not forgotten. Maybe we don't comment on that thread, but at least appreciate that it once existed.

The exact same game isn't being played today. It's a different day, the teams are now different (post trade deadline), and the situation is different...and of course, the Ice (we hope) will be different.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
The exact same game isn't being played today. It's a different day, the teams are now different (post trade deadline), and the situation is different...and of course, the Ice (we hope) will be different.

It is the NHL season 2016-2017 game DET-CAR though. This is it. There's no other. Except the one tomorrow, but that's that game, it's an other, originally scheduled and all. It's an 82 game season.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
It is the NHL season 2016-2017 game DET-CAR though. This is it. There's no other. Except the one tomorrow, but that's that game, it's an other, originally scheduled and all. It's an 82 game season.

It's an NHL game played between Detroit and Carolina on this day, 3/27/17. There's no other game or day that fits that description. ;)

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Where I stand, there's no third day of the twenty-seventh month.

#becauseofthemetricsystem

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
And BBA is trying to earn his right to possibly attend a playoff game. ;)

That, and I'm smart enough to know they will lose in regulation at some point during the GDT stretch, and I'm man enough to blame someone else and point fingers. :D

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
If that Schrödinger dude came to explain something about his cat we would of course drop everything and proceed to beat him in unison.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
BTW..back on topic. Has there been any news on Lindholm? I was assuming he was ok after that play the last game, but haven't heard a peep.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad