Winger Acquisition Thread | Part IV: In the Time Before Wingers Came into the World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
They are delusions if we HOPE them into reality, bro!

By all that is Vitale!

I like your attitude.

Let's include Kennedy to Boston in our hopes. We're certainly not trading anyone of value to them or vice versa. Maybe we intend to damage Raask's sternum before the playoffs by moving Kennedy over there.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
What about a 3-team trade involving RoR going to anaheim (i think they want a number 2 center) and having perry go to pitt (i actually thought with anaheim not playing this week, i thought perry's agent and murray would talk about his contract). What do u guys think about this and what we would have to give up?

Perry isn't going anywhere, but I would agree with the premise that the Pens are among the best positioned teams to offer Colorado what they want for ROR, and a couple of teams interested in ROR have the type of wingers we'd want. Three team trades pretty much never happen, but if a precondition is a perfect alignment of team needs and assets, then this in theory could be that rare case. Still, quite doubtful at best that it ever could happen.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Having Alfredsson come here and win a cup would be probably be the funniest possible ending to that whole debacle.

I mean, I'm praying for it. If it were to happen, I'd pack my boys in the car, drive up to Ottawa and drop leaflets filled with photos of Sid handing the cup to Alfie (and Alfie handing it to Cookie, obviously).

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Alf Malph will not be seen in black and gold anytime soon.

Donny-Most-Ralph-Malph.jpg

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
I mean, I'm praying for it. If it were to happen, I'd pack my boys in the car, drive up to Ottawa and drop leaflets filled with photos of Sid handing the cup to Alfie (and Alfie handing it to Cookie, obviously).

I'd be such a terrible GM, so many of my decisions would be made almost solely out of spite. :laugh:

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I'd be such a terrible GM, so many of my decisions would be made almost solely out of spite. :laugh:

I've always thought of myself as a level-headed, patient guy, but I'm to the point where I just want a move, something, anything, to be made. This team needs a shakeup.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
I've always thought of myself as a level-headed, patient guy, but I'm to the point where I just want a move, something, anything, to be made. This team needs a shakeup.

The team is definitely missing something, they string some wins together to partially mask it, but it becomes glaringly obvious in games like last night's.

I feel like they're playing just well enough to make the necessary shake up harder for Shero to justify, even if he sees the issues.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Having Alfredsson come here and win a cup would be probably be the funniest possible ending to that whole debacle.

Only if Cooke is the one who hands him the Cup.

If it happens, I'll be looking west for the dust cloud over my Nation's Capital.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Andy Strickland has a post up about how Stewart has found a new gear with new linemates. I'm just going to assume this is a ploy by the St. Louis brass to drive his value up. I'm willing to go to Kennedy, a 2nd, AND 3rd.

BronzeSpruce

Mar 14, 2011
besides the idiocy of trading a perennial norris trophy candidate, make it even worse by trading for a Center which is the last thing they need.

Crosby
Malkin
Sutter
Vitale

Nobody has a group of better centers in the NHL.

i clearly stated i was playing devils advocate and as someone else pointed out i had a few lower round draft prospects in the dman section.

i would want more return for letang than Ryan O'Reilly. but ill play devils advocate again. i know its a different game but the pens traded paul coffey in the past which seemed to work out. i know i know its not the same.

Hottubber

Feb 9, 2010
Andy Strickland has a post up about how Stewart has found a new gear with new linemates. I'm just going to assume this is a ploy by the St. Louis brass to drive his value up. I'm willing to go to Kennedy, a 2nd, AND 3rd.

The Blues are in a very interesting situation. They have a ton of cap room but will not spend anywhere near the max.

They have a ton of RFA's at seasons end so they have some decisions to make. I doubt they do much this year except trade for an expiring contract near the deadline.

Definitely a team to keep an eye on this summer

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
i clearly stated i was playing devils advocate and as someone else pointed out i had a few lower round draft prospects in the dman section.

i would want more return for letang than Ryan O'Reilly. but ill play devils advocate again. i know its a different game but the pens traded paul coffey in the past which seemed to work out. i know i know its not the same.

Sorry I wasn't singling you out specifically, just quoting your post because a lot of people have made similar sentiments about trading Letang recently and to me it's an absurd proposal unless a superstar winger signed beyond this year in his prime is coming back. And I don't see that happening because very few players even fit that description.

Hottubber

Feb 9, 2010
Isn't Clowe struggling? Kennedy + 5th '13 and 2nd '14(if signed) for Clowe? Overpayment? :dunno:

Ive only watched a couple sharks games this year but ive heard some of their fans say Clowe hasnt played very well. Still doubt that many teams wouldnt want him tho

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA

Or...the Blues actually like him? I haven't heard a legitimate rumor of him going any where. Don't know where people are getting that he's available.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
If we can somehow acquire O'Reilly, the Blues will most assuredly love to be that other team in a three way deal. That guy is perfect for that team.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Or...the Blues actually like him? I haven't heard a legitimate rumor of him going any where. Don't know where people are getting that he's available.

wow, you really have to use the sarcasm icon on here even when you're laying it on thick, eh?

He's not available.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010

You do realize players become available in the right circumstances when filling major needs on their roster. It's called a hockey trade.

You said the same thing last year about Setoguchi not being available. I said they have the forwards to replace him in the very near future and could use help on D now and in the future. Russo has since mentioned Seto as trade bait this entire season.

Our All Star 40 goal winger was never on the block. He became available to us b/c Dallas had a need for a PMD and they liked what we had to offer.

vyktor

Jan 23, 2008
Let's say we managed to get Iginla, what would be the collective's idea on what it would cost to retain him, years and cap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad