Windsor Spitfires 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpitfireHabs1

Dec 3, 2021
Southern Ontario
Really Excited for another year. Expectations are one thing but lets see how the first stretch of this season goes before we really get an idea of how this season will shape out. I expect a 3-5 Finish in the West if the cards fall right. Guess that is all dependent on BB And what route this team see's itself going this season and beyond. Full Rebuild minus of 06/07s would be the smart way to go for sure but time will tell.

Expecting big leaps from certain individuals on this squad, Especially the 06's. Just hoping for strong Efforts and a 200 foot game. Solid goaltending as well. Fingers crossed for an exciting season and hopefully an honest solid effort in the majority of games from the players.

Its sink or Swim For Jerrod Smith, He has done his time and has earned this shot IMO, but leash should be short. this is his make or break season. Hope he takes Bits and pieces from other coaches and blends it together to make a 200 foot game plan with a physical touch.

Go Spitfires Go!!

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
One addition to Legend's post - Peer is also wearing an A, per OHL website.
Thanks for that,didn't see it when I 1st looked at the roster posted.
Interesting 4 of the 18 skaters dressing tonight, Christoforo, Dionicio, Eichler and Davis are playing their 1st game in a Windsor uniform this season as none of them played in an exhibition game,and 2 players,Peer
and Smith played in 1,might take a while to jell,especially the 1st 3 guys noted as they are all dmen.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
It's official...

DeAngelis and O'Dell to Sudbury

Walton, Nia 2nd 24, Wsr 2nd 26, Gue 3rd 25, Sby 6th 25, and cond Sby 15th in 25 to Windsor.

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Bowler surprises me again lol. Maybe our OAs aren't garnering much return at this stage. Surprised but not upset by the trade.

Bowler surprises me again lol. Maybe our OAs aren't garnering much return at this stage. Surprised but not upset by the trade.

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR

You're getting a workhorse. He's reliable defensively, broke out with 26 points last season, and seemed like a quality human off the ice. I'm surprised they traded him but a return like this is hard to pass up right now.
Agree the return is much better than expected. Young big 17 yr old D and multiple picks. No brainer for Bowler.

KyGuy9

Sep 7, 2012
Love the move, good to see Bowler moving in the rebuild direction. Essentially undoes the Holmes disaster of a trade last season. Keep the selling going!

Reactions: Travis Bickle 77

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Smith already has Dionicio and Cristoforo for offense from the blue line. He needs stay at home D. Dangelis is neither great at either end. Maybe Eichler in practice has made some promise 🤔

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Smith already has Dionicio and Cristoforo for offense from the blue line. He needs stay at home D. Dangelis is neither great at either end. Maybe Eichler in practice has made some promise 🤔
Not great at either end? Not that I've read from some spit fans in the last half hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad