Windsor Spitfires 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Punch

Pretty sure Windsor has 3 cards minimum left thinking 4 frankly, reason why they haven't played Struthers in 9 straight games,and 2 in the last 15.
Also discussed this point with someone affiliated with Spits (not Bowler).

Reactions: OHLTG

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Spits already have a bucket full of players that aren't producing. Why would they need another one? Spits spent a lot of time killing dumb penalties the last time said player was here. Not what the Spits need right now. At this point it is all about getting younger and giving the younger players a chance to play and gain experience.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Punch

Pretty sure Windsor has 3 cards minimum left thinking 4 frankly, reason why they haven't played Struthers in 9 straight games,and 2 in the last 15.
Also discussed this point with someone affiliated with Spits (not Bowler).
That’s very good news! After tonight’s game they are off for 10-12 days , I wish them well tonight and over the holidays.

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Honestly O'Flaherty has 24 points total in 143 OHL games. Windsor dealt him, Niagara and London moved on from him. Nothing personal but we have too much dead wood in the line-up as it is. Greentree, Peer, Zhugin and Davis have 60 goals combined. The entire rest of the roster has 43 goals. Peer may be moved which means we need to find goals throughout a lineup to even be respectable. Our regular roster D has a total of 5 goals combined 6 if you add Manzo. 1 g (3 games) if I was Bowler I'd move Cristoforo while a decent return is possible. 19 points but -20 is no good. Walton rookie same age is only -10 with size and has grit. No brainer. Winegard should be in for Toms most nights. Tanner has way better defensive numbers best plus/minus other the Mancini Martin can handle the enforcer role if greenlightred by the coaching staff.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Honestly O'Flaherty has 24 points total in 143 OHL games. Windsor dealt him, Niagara and London moved on from him. Nothing personal but we have too much dead wood in the line-up as it is. Greentree, Peer, Zhugin and Davis have 60 goals combined. The entire rest of the roster has 43 goals. Peer may be moved which means we need to find goals throughout a lineup to even be respectable. Our regular roster D has a total of 5 goals combined 6 if you add Manzo. 1 g (3 games) if I was Bowler I'd move Cristoforo while a decent return is possible. 19 points but -20 is no good. Walton rookie same age is only -10 with size and has grit. No brainer. Winegard should be in for Toms most nights. Tanner has way better defensive numbers best plus/minus other the Mancini Martin can handle the enforcer role if greenlightred by the coaching staff.
I can't fathom why it would be a good idea to bring someone in like O'Flaherty? Seems all the GM's in the league agree as he cleared waivers.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
I am guessing Peer won't be moved, Maillet perhaps.
No chance I deal Christoforo being only 17 with upside,they will building around the 06 and 07 born plus the upcoming drafts(3) .
I agree with your comments regarding Winegard.
As for O'Flaherty if he were an 04 I would agree with you,plus most don't know he hurt his knee 2nd game with London which affected his play and now he hasn't played in 3 weeks.
For me he is better then Smith,Castle and Struthers all 04 born forwards,also better at this time because of physicality and size then 05 born guys Martin,Greenwell and Stewart.
O'Flaherty 's best game was with Niagara vs Windsor when Windsor lost 7-6 in OT here ,he had 2 assists that night and was physical
Should note on a struggling team in Niagara he was a +1 in the 10 games he played there and a -1 in London playing mostly hurt in 6 games.

Reactions: OHLTG

SpitfireHabs1

Dec 3, 2021
Southern Ontario
Hoping for a W heading into the Break. At this point where the Spitfires sit in the Standings, all points are needed to have any chance of making playoffs. Need to see a good response after that incomplete effort againts the Knights.

Dont think O'Flaherty will be an option, better to just move on. Hope to see a better gane from Costanzo, and hope these guys arent in holidays mode and mailed in. Need to see a good well balenced effort on both sides of the puck. Always a tough battle in Owen Sound.

At this point Struthers, Castle should be released, let the kids stay and play. As for Smith, He might be a favour to DJ at this point keeping him here at home, im just not seeing the Drive and dedication from him. As ive said gotta love this game first, to be good now it takes dedication mentally and physically off and on the ice. Easy to look out of place in this league if your not into it. Thing is sometimes we see spurts of a potential gamechanging player. But i wouldnt be sad to see him traded if any takers.

Not Expecting the win but hopeful for a good last game before this Holidays Hiatus!!

Go Spitfires Go!!!🍻

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
I am guessing Peer won't be moved, Maillet perhaps.
No chance I deal Christoforo being only 17 with upside,they will building around the 06 and 07 born plus the upcoming drafts(3) .
I agree with your comments regarding Winegard.
As for O'Flaherty if he were an 04 I would agree with you,plus most don't know he hurt his knee 2nd game with London which affected his play and now he hasn't played in 3 weeks.
For me he is better then Smith,Castle and Struthers all 04 born forwards,also better at this time because of physicality and size then 05 born guys Martin,Greenwell and Stewart.
O'Flaherty 's best game was with Niagara vs Windsor when Windsor lost 7-6 in OT here ,he had 2 assists that night and was physical
Should note on a struggling team in Niagara he was a +1 in the 10 games he played there and a -1 in London playing mostly hurt in 6 games.
Peer is our best asset to be moved for a good return. Maillet brings little return. What contender injury free at the deadline improves their club with Maillet. Moving Peer can elevate the recently improved play of Abraham to see if he is a worthy OA candidate next year .

Reactions: TheGremlin

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Peer is our best asset to be moved for a good return. Maillet brings little return. What contender injury free at the deadline improves their club with Maillet. Moving Peer can elevate the recently improved play of Abraham to see if he is a worthy OA candidate next year .
Ottawa is an ideal landing spot for Maillet.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
On the first goal, Jordan is a defenceman so whichever winger was out there missed their assignment.

1-0 OS after 20. Not a bad period but Windsor's gotta find a way to adjust to the tighter game. They're getting chances but can't get much quality on goal.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
On the first goal, Jordan is a defenceman so whichever winger was out there missed their assignment.

1-0 OS after 20. Not a bad period but Windsor's gotta find a way to adjust to the tighter game. They're getting chances but can't get much quality on goal.
Peer just breezed by Jordan and hence a goal.
I posted this before but if they could just get shots on net! Many many pucks just blowing by the net.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015

74 should try some defense

Reactions: oldPeng

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
That's better - Woodall gets hit up high behind the net by Stewart and Eichler jumps in. He lost but serious props for standing up for Woodall.

Wow... Cristoforo with a diving block at one end, preventing a scoring chance, then Greentree comes the other way and just misses a shot over the net.

Reactions: hockeylegend11
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad