Windsor Spitfires 2021 Offseason Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
I'm surprised he was dealt already. Flint must have been interested and threw an offer out.

In Flint's website it says trade for a 6th and 15th in 2023,no condition, was probably conditional the 6th pick I mean on signing with Flint and the 15th for the rights to.
Windsor may have told him,speculating that with Johnston and Zito both 18,Abraham 17,that he was going to be 4th line center next 2 years,and with Ethan Martin and Jack Greenwell in the pipeline at 16 years old,throw in Alex Campbell and Josh Beiles in the mix,not
alot of room perhaps
The thing with Pitre,he has a late birthday not 17 till Dec 14,not eligible for 2022 NHL draft.

Reactions: punch1943

member 71782

As was alluded to by OHL Fan, it's a minor deal for Windsor but if it increases the kids chances at a roster spot it's a good deal for the player.

Good to see Bowler do right for a kid who would have a tough time cracking Windsor's roster by providing a chance elsewhere for him.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
In Flint's website it says trade for a 6th and 15th in 2023,no condition, was probably conditional the 6th pick I mean on signing with Flint and the 15th for the rights to.
Windsor may have told him,speculating that with Johnston and Zito both 18,Abraham 17,that he was going to be 4th line center next 2 years,and with Ethan Martin and Jack Greenwell in the pipeline at 16 years old,throw in Alex Campbell and Josh Beiles in the mix,not
alot of room perhaps
The thing with Pitre,he has a late birthday not 17 till Dec 14,not eligible for 2022 NHL draft.

Agreed; he was a victim of numbers, esp if they get Martin/Greenwell in here long-term. Bowler found him a place to play for a reasonable price. Hopefully he can flourish.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Agreed; he was a victim of numbers, esp if they get Martin/Greenwell in here long-term. Bowler found him a place to play for a reasonable price. Hopefully he can flourish.

Plus a 6th round pick in 2023 is reasonable trade currency when making a run for things be it this or next year or both lol

Reactions: OHLTG

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Plus a 6th round pick in 2023 is reasonable trade currency when making a run for things be it this or next year or both lol

From what I can tell, the Spitfires now have...

2022 - pick in every round except for 15th. Also have Kgn 6th.
2023 - picks in every round except for 4th/5th. Third-round picks belong to Kgn, Kit, Ham. Also have Flint's 6th now.
2024 and beyond - picks in every round, though some belong to other teams.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Seconding this.

It was less than two weeks ago that I said this: Windsor Spitfires 2021 Offseason Thread (Part 2)

And things have already gone off the rails. If posters continue to attack other posters instead of discussing hockey, it is going to result in thread bans.
Hey guys good for you. If I may make a suggestion, ding the guys that seem to constantly instigate as well. There’s a few who seem to think it’s funny. Then a few of us, yes I’m guilty, get their backs up and call them out. Thanks!

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Hey guys good for you. If I may make a suggestion, ding the guys that seem to constantly instigate as well. There’s a few who seem to think it’s funny. Then a few of us, yes I’m guilty, get their backs up and call them out. Thanks!
If I may make a suggestion, use the report button if you want the mods to act.

OHL Fan

Mar 5, 2020
As was alluded to by OHL Fan, it's a minor deal for Windsor but if it increases the kids chances at a roster spot it's a good deal for the player.

Good to see Bowler do right for a kid who would have a tough time cracking Windsor's roster by providing a chance elsewhere for him.

Bowler and Windsor showing class by moving kid along to another team to play in the OHL.

Some say he can step in ahead of Burkett, Flaherty, Martin, Peer, and Greenwell, and must just be a timing thing.

Either way Kudos to Windsor.

member 71782

If I may make a suggestion, use the report button if you want the mods to act.

The problem is people shouldn't have to use the report button.

If someone wants to stir the pot then there should be no issue responding.

Unfortunately when people respond the instigators keep on going and those who respond are the ones deemed the problem.

When that's how it's handled it's time to get off this site since some are allowed to start problems but can't seem to handle it when called out but they keep doing it.

Reactions: Travis Bickle 77

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Bowler and Windsor showing class by moving kid along to another team to play in the OHL.

Some say he can step in ahead of Burkett, Flaherty, Martin, Peer, and Greenwell, and must just be a timing thing.

Either way Kudos to Windsor.

I would agree with Birkett, Martin and Greenwell, would probably been on the same line as O'Flaherty.
Nevertheless agree good move by Bowler.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
If those who respond are breaking the site rules, then they are part of the problem.

If you want the instigators to follow the site rules, then you should absolutely report them when they don't.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Pitre to Flint for 15th in 2023 and cond. 6th in 2023. Per Spitfires Twitter.

No harm no fowl.
Good that bowler traded him.
Let the kid play. Hopefully he doesnt light up Windsor in the process.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Good job to the Spits. That’s the kind of job we’ve been expecting!

as for reporting others I’m not a fan, I always dealt with issues myself. These keyboard warriors as some call them seem to have to concerns. That’s all I ask is look at what transpired before rendering guilt.

Reactions: member 71782

member 71782

If those who respond are breaking the site rules, then they are part of the problem.

If you want the instigators to follow the site rules, then you should absolutely report them when they don't.

I probably should be staying out of this since in 12 years I only had a couple posts removed when everyone did during the rumoured sale until a few weeks ago when I started getting warnings, multiple posts removed all based on responding to the content of the posts as the warning said I should keep my posts to.

Haven't changed anything about my posting and while my posts were deleted the posts I responded to stayed up until I raised a stink about it in the thread.

So people post trying to get a response and if people don't respond the post stays up. If people do respond the response is taken down and the initial post remains up until you publicly raise a stink. Makes it difficult to tell what rules apply to who on here so reporting would bring questionable results.

I don't agree with reporting people, if your big enough to stir things up because someone disagrees with your opinion then you should be big enough to be called out as well as big enough to know to move on when the debate is over.

Apparently not the case with some.

Now I'm sure this will be taken down in 3...2...1... ?

Shortstop

Nov 14, 2018
you do know that sometime nhl are just bringing in kids because they need fillers? Does that answer your question?
Haha. Ya NHL teams fill out rosters with players they think are terrible. I assume that the Kings front office know a lot more about hockey than you do. We’ll come back to this discussion around Christmas and see what’s up then. Maybe you’ll have a job as an NHL scout by then.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Spitfires' roster on their site has been updated. Some notes:

- 13F, 8D, 3G. I'd imagine 1D and 1G head to LaSalle (Jodoin/Tovell?)

- Heights and weights now listed...

Kyle McDonald up to 6'5 216.
Cuylle grew - up to 6'4 210.
D'Amico comes in at 5'10 197.
Burkett is 6'6 210!! (up from 6'2 169!!)
Abraham is up to 5'10 164 (up from 5'7 148 when drafted)
Johnston is up to 6'2 181
Foudy is 6' 190.
Ladd 6'2 181
Dylan Robinson now 6'6 206
DeAngelis put in some work - 6'2 192 (up from 5'11 178)
Bronson Ride is... no joke... 6'8 193. Put some muscle on him and let's have some fun!

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Spitfires' roster on their site has been updated. Some notes:

- 13F, 8D, 3G. I'd imagine 1D and 1G head to LaSalle (Jodoin/Tovell?)

- Heights and weights now listed...

Kyle McDonald up to 6'5 216.
Cuylle grew - up to 6'4 210.
D'Amico comes in at 5'10 197.
Burkett is 6'6 210!! (up from 6'2 169!!)
Abraham is up to 5'10 164 (up from 5'7 148 when drafted)
Johnston is up to 6'2 181
Foudy is 6' 190.
Ladd 6'2 181
Dylan Robinson now 6'6 206
DeAngelis put in some work - 6'2 192 (up from 5'11 178)
Bronson Ride is... no joke... 6'8 193. Put some muscle on him and let's have some fun!

Agree with Tovell not Jodoin.
Dont Foudy is on the list,wont be here to start the season
So its 2G,8D,12F
Need to add a forward imo.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
We could certainly use one more F.

I'm not sure who makes it between Jodoin and Robinson. Pre-season may/should determine that. Unless both make it and Ride spends a season in LaSalle?

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015

I'm not sure who makes it between Jodoin and Robinson. Pre-season may/should determine that. Unless both make it and Ride spends a season in LaSalle?

Robinson should get the pick over jodoin

member 71782

I think it all comes down to Robinson being ready to play.

If he has his head on right keep Ride up and deal Jodoin.

If he doesn't deal Robinson, see if Jodoin is ready to at least rotate with Ride and DeAngelis. Upgrade at the deadline if needed.

Robinson in LaSalle does no one any good. If he's dealt with or at least made significant progress with the off ice concerns he's a top 4 D. If he hasn't things will only get worse in LaSalle. He's either in the top 4 or dealt.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010

Ride will not be sent to La Salle
They are only 2 16 year olds
which happen to be Spits players Jack Greenwell and Tanner Winegard
Robinson will be dealt if not deemed Windsor, cant be sent to La Salle,would have to be waived,not happening.
Think they start the year with 8D.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Here are the approximate average height,weight for the players by position
I excluded goalie Matt Tovell and forward JL Foudy

Goalies (2) -HT- 6'1/2"-175.5 lbs

Defense (8)- HT-6'3"- 193 lbs.

Forwards (12)- HT- 6'2-1/2"-192.5 lbs

Re the D only 2 are over 200 lbs
and 2 are 6'6" or more tall
Re the F- 6 forwards are 6'2" or more