Windsor Spitfires 2021-22 Season Thread (Part 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Good game Windsor, jumped on em early n held the fort. ( someone said ride that 1st line early n often.......worked out well)
Good series.
Still expect Windsor to win series but hoping for Flint for petsobal reasons..
We earned n Spits deserved the W.
Refs non factor in the outcome.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Conspiracy.

Odd ya never get an answer. Guess it's just fans wanting to complain n not discuss.

Again Spits the most penalized team team heading into the semis and none of the ref bashers has given a reason.
Conspiracy.......league screwing the Spits
Refs suck..........luck of the draw
Aggressive.........they actually earn more PMs than oppenents

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Odd ya never get an answer. Guess it's just fans wanting to complain n not discuss.

Again Spits the most penalized team team heading into the semis and none of the ref bashers has given a reason.
Conspiracy.......league screwing the Spits
Refs suck..........luck of the draw
Aggressive.........they actually earn more PMs than oppenents

Sorry if I didn't get back promptly. Life takes over sometimes. I'll respond later, though you know my thoughts already.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Sorry if I didn't get back promptly. Life takes over sometimes. I'll respond later, though you know my thoughts already.
No I don't know which one of the 3 options you believe. Or the other ref bashers which I'm sure we will hear from soon since WS won.
And WS won deservedly so. Kudos.

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
Well, the 3-0 magic didn't work tonight. The game winning goal for Windsor with 10 seconds left in the first period should never have happen and cost Flint the game. They should have tied up the play against the boards. All of Flint's goals were on the power play, but going 2/7 they certainly had more opportunities than Windsor with some questionable calls but didn't cash in on them. Home ice advantage now goes back to Windsor, so that means that Flint must win another game in Windsor if they have any hope of advancing to the Finals with Hamilton sweeping their series for the third time winning 6-0 tonight in North Bay. It hasn't really been mentioned but, what has happen to Othmann in round three? Zero goals in four games against Windsor. That is going to have to change if Flint has any hopes of advancing. Congrats Windsor, you proved once again the ability to comeback after having been down twice in the series. It's now down to a best of three series.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Oh, you want one of three? Refs poor.
Wasn't one of the options but I get why you did that lol. You forgot luck of the draw ;)
So refs suck.....luck of the draw?
But it evens out over time or only against Spits? Original post wasn't even directed at you .
Only asking cause win or lose over the years its only brought up by Spits related "media" people on here when it hurts Spits not helps. Context n credibility should count for those in the biz or wanting to get in the biz no?
If the refs just suck, period would it not benefit Windsor at some point?

Last edited:
Reactions: windsor7

Oct 3, 2019
Take away the 2nd period.
And Windsor deserved the win.
Drinking?
Windsor, why do you think when someone gives you an honest opinion and it’s not in line with what you’re saying they’re drinking? Wasn’t Cuylle’s goal lucky? Wasn’t it after Windsor was pinned in their own zone for 3 min? Wasn’t Damico’s goal another lucky goal? Ohhhh Maggio pretty much closed his eyes and shot it across the ice and it magically trickled in the net????

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Windsor, why do you think when someone gives you an honest opinion and it’s not in line with what you’re saying they’re drinking? Wasn’t Cuylle’s goal lucky? Wasn’t it after Windsor was pinned in their own zone for 3 min? Wasn’t Damico’s goal another lucky goal? Ohhhh Maggio pretty much closed his eyes and shot it across the ice and it magically trickled in the net????
Windsor caught a break or two.
Though never seems like they do by some reactions...
They were better team at least for over a period.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
Late to the party, but yikes.

Perrott after the goal, dumb. Penalty deserving? Maybe not, but dumb. I see why they called it.

DAmico? Did something happen after the camera went away? Looked like cavalin tried to play the puck one way, DAmico didn’t let it happen, went the other way, DAmico mimicked him. DAmico was forcing an offensive zone face off short handed. Gets swatted at and then… taken to the box? What. 🤣

As the rounds go deeper, officiating should improve. Less games, less refs needed, use the ones that have been decent and consistent.

Windsor was deserving of some of those calls but the refs just took total control, in the worst way and made the game about themselves.

It was like they were blowing their whistles to avoid “Ref you suck” chants. Ferguson strikes again.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Wasn't one of the options but I get why you did that lol. You forgot luck of the draw ;)
So refs suck.....luck of the draw?
But it evens out over time or only against Spits? Original post wasn't even directed at you .
Only asking cause win or lose over the years its only brought up by Spits related "media" people on here when it hurts Spits not helps. Context n credibility should count for those in the biz or wanting to get in the biz no?
If the refs just suck, period would it not benefit Windsor at some point?

Now that I've got a few minutes...

Did what? You gave three options, I picked the middle one. "Refs poor/suck/inconsistent", you know which one I meant.

For what it's worth, I've commented many times at the rink that "a third-straight PP for Windsor? This is going to even up at some point" or "yikes, that could have been a call (against Windsor)." Just because I don't remember all of the plays after or comment on them doesn't mean much.

In Game 2, Windsor had a handful of PPs in a row to start the game. You knew it should even out at some point, but they definitely got the benefit. That said, while most of the series has been tit-for-tat for penalties, that doesn't mean it hasn't been inconsistent. Tonight was just an example of questionable officiating in a lopsided fashion

As for the game tonight itself...

- Getting out to another 3-0 lead shows they can rebound after a poor result. Not giving it up again was even better.
- Hard work goes a long way; they shut the door in the third and that's what they needed.
- Can't give the officials ANY room to call something. While the officiating was a head-scratcher at times, some of the penalties were unnecessary (Christopoulos/Ribau, for instance).
- Flint's not an easy barn not win in but now Windsor has home ice back. That's huge. Get the win on Sunday and get into the driver's seat.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Now that I've got a few minutes...

Did what? You gave three options, I picked the middle one. "Refs poor/suck/inconsistent", you know which one I meant.

For what it's worth, I've commented many times at the rink that "a third-straight PP for Windsor? This is going to even up at some point" or "yikes, that could have been a call (against Windsor)." Just because I don't remember all of the plays after or comment on them doesn't mean much.

In Game 2, Windsor had a handful of PPs in a row to start the game. You knew it should even out at some point, but they definitely got the benefit. That said, while most of the series has been tit-for-tat for penalties, that doesn't mean it hasn't been inconsistent. Tonight was just an example of questionable officiating in a lopsided fashion

As for the game tonight itself...

- Getting out to another 3-0 lead shows they can rebound after a poor result. Not giving it up again was even better.
- Hard work goes a long way; they shut the door in the third and that's what they needed.
- Can't give the officials ANY room to call something. While the officiating was a head-scratcher at times, some of the penalties were unnecessary (Christopoulos/Ribau, for instance).
- Flint's not an easy barn not win in but now Windsor has home ice back. That's huge. Get the win on Sunday and get into the driver's seat.
Hope consistent when Windsor gets favorable calls too...

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
My take. Very good first. Once again this team disappeared in the second!! Third was just ok. Reffing was a complete embarrassment last night!! Yes some were deserved, it was the soft ones and missed calls against flint that irritate me, and there were many! That crew wouldnt ref again in the playoffs!
If someone, anyone can explain why this team wont/cant/dont play 60 minutes im all ears!!! Its become a constant now, the time spent running around in their own zone is brutal!! Even if they get by flint, hamilton a much tougher beast from appearances. That MUST stop!
I said whoever won will win the series and i believe that. Go Spits!!

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Late to the game last night. Only watched from the second on. Only goal I saw was the empty net goal. I agree reffing seemed odd but the Spits did not help themselves at all. Too far into the playoffs for that crap. Reffing is bad in the OHL and at this point why are fans "surprised" at a game being called badly? As a long time fan of the OHL I tend to cringe when certain officials are announced as doing the game. We all know who they are and why they are still doing games in the O.

Nobody last night was a minus player. Flint only scored on the PP and 1 was a 5 on 3. That shows good team defense. If the forwards continue to support the D core like I saw last night it will make it tough on Flint. Stay out of the box is definitely the take away from last night.

We all knew this would be a tough series and it will go at least 6 games maybe more. Spits have never lead in the series so that needs to change tomorrow. Take advantage of home ice and get some pressure on Flint. Tomorrow night is a must win for both teams so it should be a battle out there. Another close scoring game for sure. Spits must/need to take advantage and play like they did last night. No let down periods!

Tuesday night is an elimination game for one of these teams so tomorrow night is a huge game!

Go Spits Go!!!

Reactions: aresknights

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
My take. Very good first. Once again this team disappeared in the second!! Third was just ok. Reffing was a complete embarrassment last night!! Yes some were deserved, it was the soft ones and missed calls against flint that irritate me, and there were many! That crew wouldnt ref again in the playoffs!
If someone, anyone can explain why this team wont/cant/dont play 60 minutes im all ears!!! Its become a constant now, the time spent running around in their own zone is brutal!! Even if they get by flint, hamilton a much tougher beast from appearances. That MUST stop!
I said whoever won will win the series and i believe that. Go Spits!!
40 min a struggle half the games.

stips

Apr 3, 2016
It will be refreshing when you bring your knowledge to the head coaching job!!!!!

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
I don’t think Windsor was outplayed. It seemed pretty fair. How many powerplay minutes did Flint have? 14? Makes sense why a lot of play was in the Windsor end. Some deserving penalties? Yes. Some undeserving? In my eyes, yes.

However just because flint has the puck doesn’t always mean Windsors being outplayed. It’s a 200 foot game, and aside from taking some penalties, I thought Windsors defense was great. They really
Limited flints chances, and blocked a handful of shots in the process, which needs be done when you’re taking 7 visits to the box in a night.

Huge game in Windsor, and I’m glad it’s in Windsor.

After games 3 & 4, I’ve changed my stance, and I encourage any chants that aren’t “Cavvy, Cavvy” as he skates in circles after not seeing a puck for 5 minutes.

“CAVALLINNNN…” 🤣🤣🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad