Windsor Spitfires 2021-22 Season Thread (Part 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
At what point are we allowed to say "what the ??" towards the officials? We're winning and STILL saying this is odd.

That's the thing... they're not. Even the Flint announcers are scratching their heads.
Obviously they r

Reactions: oldPeng

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Looks like Windsor is the most penalized ream of the final 4 squads based on OHL site.
Conspiracy or the way the team plays?
I think teams can be successful taking penalties at a higher rate than the league or opponent but time, place, n type are important.
Odd calls sure, but both ways....Windsor got away with an obvious too many players on ice..... Just from a viewer without a horse in the race.
Cuylle, Perott n Damico all put themselves unnecessarily in a position to let the refs call something. Again control whatcya can n don't give them the op. Spits are fine tonight if they play the right way n positionally disciplined.
Play thru it or don't put yourself in a position where the ref can call it. Don't give them the stripes the chance to call it.

Reactions: MJ5 and windsor7

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
You know it's odd when the home broadcast is asking how it's a penalty.

Flint's 6th PP of the game. Six.

... and now Cavallin takes a swipe at D'Amico who was near him after a whistle.... off setting penalties, apparently.
I would not rely on this broadcast crew as an authority on what's happening. Just me thou.
Windsor is the most penalized team by a good margin of the 4 squads still playing. I'd worry about that more than the stripes.

Reactions: windsor7

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I would not rely on this broadcast crew as an authority on what's happening. Just me thou.
Windsor is the most penalized team by a good margin of the 4 squads still playing. I'd worry about that more than the stripes.

There's no question Windsor takes some stupid penalties, but they don't need the officials help with that. If Wsr deserves a call, I'll say it, but don't call tick tacky stuff.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
There's no question Windsor takes some stupid penalties, but they don't need the officials help with that. If Wsr deserves a call, I'll say it, but don't call tick tacky stuff.
Look within before blaming other things.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Close game again. Fiesty. A little lack of high end offensive play but enjoyable.

Don't put yourself in a position to let them call it.
Control what you can.
Even if I was a Flames fan I wouldn't blame the stripes lol. And that call was wrong IMO.
Windsor is fine if they play hockey, try to play disciplined positionally and physically and after the whistle....
If they do that they are fine.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Spits got a couple good bounces ( or good fortune) in the first n took advantage. They didn't dominate the play as,3-0 would suggest.
Flint took advantage of fortune in the 2nd.
All good. Spits got the cushion going into the last 20 min.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Spits got a couple good bounces ( or good fortune) in the first n took advantage. They didn't dominate the play as,3-0 would suggest.
Flint took advantage of fortune in the 2nd.
All good. Spits got the cushion going into the last 20 min.
and stay out of the box. dumb penalties.

Reactions: Cherrydon

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Noone with half a brain can see that tonight when 1 is pulled from the scrum it is windsor and 1 sided. Giroux hits 43 after the whistle and they pull both off. Same happened with Cav on D'amico. That is BS. Knowing that is how it is Savard needs to real it in. You don't want to be down 3 games to 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad