Windsor Spitfires 2021-22 Season Thread (Part 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Current PPs are 8-2; you can't tell me Windsor has been that much worse.
So what's the reason TG? Please expand on your thoughts so I can understand?
I do think Windsor has been worse and have no horse in the game. And always congrat the winners n never blame Ws or Ls on refs.
I feel you will avoid the above so I'll ask another way.

Going into tonight Windsor was leading by a good margin in PMs of the final 4 squads. So is it at least a little bit their style?
I have no problem cheering for a team that takes penalties being aggressive. It works for some teams and did for Windsor this year. Embrace it ;)

Reactions: windsor7

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
So what's the reason TG? Please expand on your thoughts so I can understand?
I do think Windsor has been worse and have no horse in the game. And always congrat the winners n never blame Ws or Ls on refs.
I feel you will avoid the above so I'll ask another way.

I'm not going to avoid. I've found the officials to be inconsistent in their calls this series. They've missed a lot, but called a lot of ticky tacky stuff. I specificially remember Will Cuylle calling out Faist in Windsor. The far official made the call and Faist, who was 5 feet away, missed it. Cuylle said "How did you not see it?" It's not the only time players have been confused, either. That answer your question?

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
It was a tough game, definitely didn’t think the Spits deserved it, but once you reach this far, no game is easy and at times they’re ugly. End of the day though a W is a W.

Need better discipline and more offence past the first period for the rest of the series.

Either way we’re going back home tied 2-2.

GO SPITS GO!

Reactions: Section 103

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
I'm not going to avoid. I've found the officials to be inconsistent in their calls this series. They've missed a lot, but called a lot of ticky tacky stuff. I specificially remember Will Cuylle calling out Faist in Windsor. The far official made the call and Faist, who was 5 feet away, missed it. Cuylle said "How did you not see it?" It's not the only time players have been confused, either. That answer your question?
They can stop giving the refs a choice too.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Windsor wins 4 to 2.
Predictable.
Lay off the silliness and they give flint big fits.
Hot heads just get them in trouble

Reactions: oldPeng

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Nice win to tie the series over Team Embellishment I mean Flint,watched the game with a former ref,said it was a disgrace by the 2 refs,no way PP should have been 8-2 Flint,would have been a shame to have outcome decided by a bad call like the other night,winning goal was interference
Guys played a great 3rd period, didn't think Flint would beat Windsor 5 on 5,38 shots on Flint's diving goalie serving 16 minutes to 4 in the box,game at even strength no contest.
Windsor's best players played well tonight from Onuska on out,especially Johnston, Cuylle, Perrott, Renwick, Maggio
With series tied at 2 Flint has to win at least 1 in Windsor to take series.
Looking forward to Sundays game.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Nice win to tie the series over Team Embellishment I mean Flint,watched the game with a former ref,said it was a disgrace by the 2 refs,no way PP should have been 8-2 Flint,would have been a shame to have outcome decided by a bad call like the other night,winning goal was interference
Guys played a great 3rd period, didn't think Flint would beat Windsor 5 on 5,38 shots on Flint's diving goalie serving 16 minutes to 4 in the box,game at even strength no contest.
Windsor's best players played well tonight from Onuska on out,especially Johnston, Cuylle, Perrott, Renwick, Maggio
With series tied at 2 Flint has to win at least 1 in Windsor to take series.
Looking forward to Sundays game.
Windsor never innocent.
Even with blinders.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
55 n cullye lead the way tonight.
Onuska played well again. Easily the starter.
Too many dumb penalties by windsor. Needs to have cooler heads n smarten up.
Game 5 winner probably goes on to win this series.
Windsor better game plan. Have a bit of time n home ice to figure it out.

Reactions: oldPeng

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
You're criticizing referees for calls and it's their part time job. Look how long these guys have been officiating. They're not on the cusp of NHL. This is what it is.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Previous page or two; a Stars fan who's watching Johnston.

So again is it a conspiracy vs. The Spits or is it just sub par reffing?
Does Windsor ever benefit from a call? Or are they always on the short end? Curious to your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad