Windsor Spitfires 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Any info on this or a hunch?

If they hadn't hosted the Memorial Cup, the entire season's approach would have been different. That's a whole lot of "what ifs." I also find it odd that you harp on Legend for bringing up 3 cups, but there's no issue bringing up not making it to the second round. You can't have it both ways.

I have stated before that lack of playoff wins is a big problem.
Windsor hasn't won a game in April in 6 years.
And they played in May last year only because they won the bid for the memorial cup.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Anyone aware on who made the trip north today? Brown or DiPietro make the trip? Trevor L make the trip - is Warren coaching tomorrow?

IMO just trade everybody or nobody! No matter who we trade/don't trade we are not winning anything this year.

I do say that I have enjoyed this year more so than last year - not hosting means no pressure to win - kinda nice to not get worked up over wins and losses.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I don't know for certain, but I don't believe Letowski made the trip. I recall hearing that he was going to the camp today or tomorrow. I'd guess that he'd head up with DiPietro, too.

stips

Apr 3, 2016
I totally agree with you! A couple of the posters feel they know everything, and that they are posting contrasting opinions with their posting mate.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
I don't know for certain, but I don't believe Letowski made the trip. I recall hearing that he was going to the camp today or tomorrow. I'd guess that he'd head up with DiPietro, too.

Letowski and Dipietro did not make the trip the Sault.
Logan Brown did as well as 3rd goalie Lucas Patton.
Brock Baier will get his 5th start of the season tomorrow afternoon.

member 71782

To say the Spit's have their hands full today......is a huge understatement!! Wishing Brock Baier all the best today!!

Wishing him all the best, hope he does well but, as negative as it may sound, does he play the full game?

4 starts, pulled twice and now starting against the top team rolling on a 16 game winning streak.

Either we see a full team effort in front of him or this could get ugly fast.

Hoping for the best but hope doesn't win games.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
I still say...I would be shocked if WR traded Luchuk....I just can't see it. IMHO I think the only players that will be dealt are Brown & Day. As previously mentioned I could see Day be moved to the Hounds. I truthfully believe that WR is going to rely on free agent signings and the limited draft picks we do have in this years draft along with the 2017 draftee's to fill the team next year. I could see WR keeping this method for at least another 3 seasons. WR has made DiPietro the face of the franchise so much so if you were to ask the average everyday Windsorite to name a current Spitfire....they would only know #64. The push on a marketing stand point for DePietro and the fact that he is from Essex County...where is Father wants him to remain for his OHL career also solidify my thinking he will not ever be moved. Who really knows what will go down come trade deadline.....just my thoughts

If we are to take Rychel's comments for what they're worth and he wants 3 players and 10 picks. He's not getting that by just trading Brown/Day.

I know what you're saying but if they don't go fully through and try and rebuild there will be a lot of long term pain. You just can't depend on free agent signings. It will take a lot for Rychel to go through with any plan he's not comfortable moving assets and wanting to rebuild.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
If we are to take Rychel's comments for what they're worth and he wants 3 players and 10 picks. He's not getting that by just trading Brown/Day.

I know what you're saying but if they don't go fully through and try and rebuild there will be a lot of long term pain. You just can't depend on free agent signings. It will take a lot for Rychel to go through with any plan he's not comfortable moving assets and wanting to rebuild.
He should have no problem moving assets. He was comfortable in moving his own son.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Fairly solid effort from Baier against the top ranked team in the country. Hopefully he can build some confidence over the next little while while DiPietro is away.
Very solid effort by the Spits - do you think we could get some puck luck though - every bounce ends up on the Soo's sticks. Baier was good, maybe the second goal but really it was a scramble in front of him that put him out of the play. Staios coughs one up late that hurt them. Still all in all they looked good against the best team in the country. We will see how this goes with Brown being gone by Thursday, I'm assuming he is gone by then, kids will need to step up.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
This was about as good as you could have expected from a road game in SSM. Baier played well. The team played well. SSM has won 17-straight for a reason. That being said, I'm expecting the same roster until post-Christmas.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Very solid effort by the Spits - do you think we could get some puck luck though - every bounce ends up on the Soo's sticks. Baier was good, maybe the second goal but really it was a scramble in front of him that put him out of the play. Staios coughs one up late that hurt them. Still all in all they looked good against the best team in the country. We will see how this goes with Brown being gone by Thursday, I'm assuming he is gone by then, kids will need to step up.

Brown is leaving Thursday,has to be on the ice by Friday, unlike the Hounds Spits won't play him, Hounds took a chance playing Katchouk and Timmins without either getting hurt, course they needed them to win, Katchouk scored twice, Timmins had 2 assists, without unlikely they win without them, although one wonders what the f the coach was thinking having Timmins on the ice with less then 45 seconds and a 3 goal lead.

Reactions: soo hound girl

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Windsor losses to the Soo.
Better effort tday by the spitfires.
Against some teams in the league they would of won.
Top line played well.
Baier played better. Still need to make a few more saves to get a win. And a few more defensive battled won would of helped.
Trade freeze coming up now. Will have to wait to see how this teams transforms in the next month. Hope for a full and complete rebuild.

Radar9

Hounds/London !
Aug 11, 2012
Hounds / London
Brown is leaving Thursday,has to be on the ice by Friday, unlike the Hounds Spits won't play him, Hounds took a chance playing Katchouk and Timmins without either getting hurt, course they needed them to win, Katchouk scored twice, Timmins had 2 assists, without unlikely they win without them, although one wonders what the f the coach was thinking having Timmins on the ice with less then 45 seconds and a 3 goal lead.
It was a Windsor player that Hacked Timmins the back of his leg

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Windsor losses to the Soo.
Better effort tday by the spitfires.
Against some teams in the league they would of won.
Top line played well.
Baier played better. Still need to make a few more saves to get a win. And a few more defensive battled won would of helped.
Trade freeze coming up now. Will have to wait to see how this teams transforms in the next month. Hope for a full and complete rebuild.

Windsor7

You and I rarely agree but your post was the best,very concise one that you have written since you have started posting.
That being said regarding your last line
A full and complete rebuild to your expectations may not occur this coming season.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
If they deal Brown, Day, and Luchuk, you're going to get 10-12 picks plus 2-3 players in return. As long as we get 2nds and 3rds in 2018-2020 among the three deals, plus 00s and/or 01s, it's a relative success.

Reactions: hockeylegend11

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
If they deal Brown, Day, and Luchuk, you're going to get 10-12 picks plus 2-3 players in return. As long as we get 2nds and 3rds in 2018-2020 among the three deals, plus 00s and/or 01s, it's a relative success.
What would it take to get Luchuk? He would be a good fit for us we have room for a overage

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
If I'm Windsor, I'm comparing Luchuk to a former OHL OA sinper who was dealt two years ago - Stephen Harper. In that deal, it was Harper and a 7th for a former 8th round pick (I believe) in Krassey, plus two 2nds, a 3rd, and a 5th.

Since I believe Luchuk is more valuable, I'd up that a bit. I'd be looking at (from SSM) - Flint 2nd 2019, Gue 2nd 2020, Wsr 2nd 2021, SSM 3rd 2018, SSM 4th in 2019, and a prospect like Ryan Roth. I'd LIKE a top prospect but I'd imagine that's more reserved for Raddysh.

Luckuk is a big part of Windsor's proven PK and he's having a consistent career season. While he's an OA, he's the real deal and worth every penny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad