Windsor Spitfires 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
None of the deals were something we could have been a part of.

We don't need Raaymakers - London did.

We have no room for Sherwood - Kitchener did.

We can't add Sandin - he was SSM property.

If some deals happen that involve power forwards, young talents, or "sell-offs", and we're not a part, then I'll be curious...

i dont think he was saying we should have been lol

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
That's the impression I got, though. The "castoffs" comment, plus previous "everyone is trading players but us" talk over the years, leads me to believe he wanted us to be a part of deals today. That's why I commented the way I did.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
What is Oshawa doing?
Guess they r throwing us a bone. Most teams wouldn't.

Gens are a majority young and basically all skilled players team that can't have other teams just taking runs at guys like McShane all day because they know they can. McCool will help to make sure that doesn't happen. Plus McCool is from Oshawa area

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Good deal for both clubs. Windsor gets a nice pick while Oshawa gets a proven power forward who has been to the Memorial Cup and is now close to home. A nice win-win trade.

"Guess they r throwing us a bone. Most teams wouldn't."

--- Or they saw value in him.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Good deal for both clubs. Windsor gets a nice pick while Oshawa gets a proven power forward who has been to the Memorial Cup and is now close to home. A nice win-win trade.

"Guess they r throwing us a bone. Most teams wouldn't."

--- Or they saw value in him.

Power forward? When did he do that when he was with windsor?
All he did was get a lot of penalties was selfish at times n wouldn't play defense at all.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Power forward plays a physical game - check.

Power forward chips in offensively - check.

Power forward usually has some size - check.

Yep, he was a power forward.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Windsor7 Do you wait around all day to pick apart others thoughts and comments?...or do you also troll other threads?....you could always join the dull rayzor pity party

No trolling other threads.
I just speak my mind.
Does it matter that it is a different opinion than other people? If everyone in the world was the same and thought the same. It be a very boring world.

SpitsSTH

Feb 19, 2017
My son just sent me the attached from Nother's Instagram. Anyone hear of this, is this for real? 20171017_210031.png

SpItFiReZ

Jan 4, 2004
Yeah heard hes’s been debating it for a couple of weeks but had more tests and advice he wanted. Sucks to hear.

SpitsSTH

Feb 19, 2017
Yeah heard hes’s been debating it for a couple of weeks but had more tests and advice he wanted. Sucks to hear.

Absolutely sucks, McCool deal means little to us at this point. Losing Nother is significant. Happy he's looking after his health, if that's the case, but big hit to our D

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit
No trolling other threads.
I just speak my mind.
Does it matter that it is a different opinion than other people? If everyone in the world was the same and thought the same. It be a very boring world.

I just find and I know I am no alone on this that a lot of your posts are negative and argumentative.....not really a lot of the opposite. I will agree that everyone is entitled to their opinion and yes the world would be very boring if we all thought the same.....but you do not seem to have a 50/50 perspective...kinda disgrunteld. Usually a fan has a lot of great things to say about the team they root for.....just sayin

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Player
If Nother is indeed done, hopefully he's able to get healthy and lead a normal life. Concussions aren't something to mess around with. I'm sure Rychel will figure out something with the D in due time.

Sad news indeed,knew about it
last week players sworn to secrecy
wish Nother well, character kid,great family,got to know him.
From a hockey perspective,tough break for Windsor,losing a big body dman, experienced, was looking forward to seeing him back next year as an o/a.

FireBall959

Apr 11, 2015
The question I have now - do we go after a 98 or 99D with similar attributes (size/toughness), or let the kids run with it?

Let the kids run with it. Can't afford to trade what little assetts we have for a player that really won't change the outcome of this season. Stick to the rebuild (hopefully that's what the plan still is)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad