Windsor Spitfires 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
I am totally shocked that there is a spin on why windsor lost. Always this or that!
Oh poor windsor!
I am sure the rest of the league is crying for them.[/QUOTE

And I am totally shocked that you expect perfection from a team playing 4 rookie D,and it's always negative when they lose, regardless of circumstances.
Not looking for sympathies at all,very pleased with a 6-3-1 record after the 1st 10 games,and taking 4 points this weekend.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015

Where did I say I wanted perfection?
Never have.
R u putting g words in my mouth??
I just don't post about excuses or try to spin it that way.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Where did I say I wanted perfection?
Never have.
R u putting g words in my mouth??
I just don't post about excuses or try to spin it that way.

It is always negative with you, when they lose,or win for that matter,I don't use excuses I use factors,huge difference, don't know what you expect from a team with 4 rookie D against the hottest team in the league, highest average for goals for 5.20 per game,with a completely healthy lineup, against a team with 6-7 guys missing,and in a rebuild situation to boot,those aren't excuses,they are factors,I look for effort,it was there,keep the game close it was there,hope to catch a better rostered team on a bad night didn't happen.
Not one person or fan I spoke to post game was angry about effort,only hoped for better results.

Reactions: randomhero4life

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Windsor 7

You noticed Sarnia average of 5.2 goals per game didn't happen today, only got 3,that's a positive thing for Windsor not a negative.And 17 shots in the 3rd for the Spits showed,hard work,no quit,works me should for you, and if it does you should say so.
And what do u say about being 6-3-1 after 10 games.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Windsor 7

You noticed Sarnia average of 5.2 goals per game didn't happen today, only got 3,that's a positive thing for Windsor not a negative.And 17 shots in the 3rd for the Spits showed,hard work,no quit,works me should for you, and if it does you should say so.
And what do u say about being 6-3-1 after 10 games.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
What should I say?
U think u know what I should or shouldn't post.
U tell me.
Make sure u say it with the rose coloured glasses too.

youngblood10

Jan 26, 2010
Me too, thought Windsor started and ended well. Not so pretty in between. Sarnia is strong upfront and that showed when they turned it on. Windsor's youth had trouble winning puck battles and races. But still made Hughes make some big saves for the Sting. DiPietro was his normal fantastic self. Overall a good weekend for the Spitfires.
On a different note this modern hockey is difficult to watch as a spectator. The skill of the players is fantastic but it's hard to sit through for an afternoon. Pond hockey is fun to play, not so fun to watch, then having to pay to watch.... I don't know...

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
"Windsor looked tired though Sarnia was the team that played 3 games in 3 days.
But I guess it ONLY works in Windsor favor when they are the team that plays 3 and 3. "

--- I didn't think Windsor looked as much tired as they did frustrated. The energy seemed to be there but they just couldn't get over the hump.

Reality says Windsor has had a strong start. They've had periods, or even games, where they looked like a young, inexperienced club. They've also had periods, and games, where they've shown they can compete and win. It's a process. Learn from mistakes while growing and soaking in the info they can from the wins. Once the bigger names get back, assuming they do, they'll have the points banked to make the next step.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Overall a good weekend for the Spitfires.
On a different note this modern hockey is difficult to watch as a spectator. The skill of the players is fantastic but it's hard to sit through for an afternoon. Pond hockey is fun to play, not so fun to watch, then having to pay to watch.... I don't know...

Agree on both counts. Spits had a good weekend.

It really is following the NHL as far as a spiritless, vanilla, dull entertainment option.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Agree on both counts. Spits had a good weekend.

It really is following the NHL as far as a spiritless, vanilla, dull entertainment option.

We're at the point where nobody is afraid to do anything. During today's game, a Sarnia player hit a Spitfire awkwardly into the boards. In previous seasons, he'd have to deal with McCool, Stanley, etc. Today, though? He had Jake Smith in his face. I'm a fan of Smith; great little specialty guy who puts up the points and always gives his all. He's 5'10 175lbs, though. The Sting player just laughed when they were talking. I even told my buddy "if Stanley or McCool were here, there's no way this happens." (this isn't a knock against Smith by any stretch, but simply showing how much the team has changed in that way)

All game, Windsor players peeled off and refused to hit. My section cheered when someone hit a Sting player. It's getting pretty strange.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Prospect Update

16 year old Center Jordan Frasca who was assigned to Chatham Jr B prior to the start of the season had the game of his life tonight,as he scored 2 goals and 4 assists,to pace Chatham to a 14-0 shellacking over Strathroy .
Nobody else had more then 5 points for the Maroons.
He now has 11 points in 12 games.
Looks to have a bright future ahead of him, looked good at camp and in exhibition.Getting bigger and stronger, almost 6'2" now drafted at 6'.

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit
We're at the point where nobody is afraid to do anything. During today's game, a Sarnia player hit a Spitfire awkwardly into the boards. In previous seasons, he'd have to deal with McCool, Stanley, etc. Today, though? He had Jake Smith in his face. I'm a fan of Smith; great little specialty guy who puts up the points and always gives his all. He's 5'10 175lbs, though. The Sting player just laughed when they were talking. I even told my buddy "if Stanley or McCool were here, there's no way this happens." (this isn't a knock against Smith by any stretch, but simply showing how much the team has changed in that way)

All game, Windsor players peeled off and refused to hit. My section cheered when someone hit a Sting player. It's getting pretty strange.

Agreed!! We are missing that toughness. Spit's are getting out muscled out there, hopefully something will give soon in that department. Not even one fighting major yet this season!!!

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I don't mind if there aren't staged fights, but this "let's just skate away" stuff is odd. Get in people's faces. Hit them with intent. Drop the gloves to protect your teammate. That style of game should never go out the window. Right n0w, if I'm the opposition and I see someone coming at me, I don't really care because I KNOW they're not going to hit me. I'll just play the puck and move along. How does that help? I should be fearing that, if I don't do something, I'm on my butt looking at the catwalk. This squad needs size and it needs to put some fear into the opposition.

member 71782

While the team is doing well, better than expected standings wise the youth and inexperience is pretty obvious and with a rebuilding team that is to be expected.

The effort is there, happy about that but they lack the high end potential at this point. Solid mid pairing D and solid 2nd/3rd line forward potential but no one stands out beyond that. Hopefully we can pick up a couple kids with that potential in a couple of deals by the deadline.

Would definitely like to hear more about that Oshawa rumour, is it pure speculation or does it have any merit.

Glad to see Mikey keep them in it yesterday but the talent isn't there to take advantage of close games against stronger teams.

A year of experience, a few high end additions and this team will be headed in the right direction.

Reactions: hockeylegend11

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
wait, sarnia is was on a 3 in 3, shouldnt we have won 9-2? ;)

if we use that as an excuse as to why we dont win, we should acknowledge that we should win when another team is on a 3 in 3.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
While the team is doing well, better than expected standings wise the youth and inexperience is pretty obvious and with a rebuilding team that is to be expected.

The effort is there, happy about that but they lack the high end potential at this point. Solid mid pairing D and solid 2nd/3rd line forward potential but no one stands out beyond that. Hopefully we can pick up a couple kids with that potential in a couple of deals by the deadline.

Would definitely like to hear more about that Oshawa rumour, is it pure speculation or does it have any merit.

Glad to see Mikey keep them in it yesterday but the talent isn't there to take advantage of close games against stronger teams.

A year of experience, a few high end additions and this team will be headed in the right direction.

agree with this, without dipietro were probably 1-8 or so. it would be nice to see some of the 16-17 year olds to show they can be the leaders in another run, but we havent seen that (kinda my point in pre-season, but i dont want to go after that again). macdougall has been as advertised, angle, playfair, no so umch. ill give guys like damico time, but he doesnt look like anything other then a depth 6th round pick, which is fine, we just dont have any 16/17 year olds to truly build around.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
We're still a good team but there are going to be bad games during the season. Thing is to not let those games affect us. We're still a good team and should have a good season.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
i guess the question is, if we are rebuilding, who are we rebuilding around? we have alot of soldiers, not sure if we have any lead dogs. brown should get a 1st round 01, vilardi if they move him is iffy due to healthy. dipietro would get anything you want, but i dont see them wanting to move him.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
It'll be a combination of the youth they have now, plus the talent they bring in through trades. Guys like Staios, Henault, Starikov, Corcoran, MacDougall, D'Amico, Playfair will all be big in the rebuild, but once you bring in a handful of 00s and even an 01, that adds to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad