Windsor Spitfires 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
I just find and I know I am no alone on this that a lot of your posts are negative and argumentative.....not really a lot of the opposite. I will agree that everyone is entitled to their opinion and yes the world would be very boring if we all thought the same.....but you do not seem to have a 50/50 perspective...kinda disgrunteld. Usually a fan has a lot of great things to say about the team they root for.....just sayin

I understand what u r saying.
But as the saying goes. U can't teach a old dog new tricks.

member 71782

Tough break for Nother, wish him all the best going forward. Glad to see him and all involved recognizing what is the right thing to do for him at this point in time.

As for replacing him, not at this point. Let the kids run with it until the dealing begins then see who can be had as part of a bigger deal if the need arises. If Luchuk were to be moved at the deadline an OA could probably be picked up fairly cheap to help the kids finish out the year.

Reactions: punch1943

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Spits rookie Nathan Staios will be one of 66 players playing on one of 3 teams in the -17 tournament being held in Fort John BC,and city as well.
He will leave in about 2 weeks as the tourney runs between Nov 5-11.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Think the Spits will stand pat for now
regarding the D,as it relates to the Nother situation,with 7D on hand, don't see anything happening till Staios leaves for under 17 tourney in just under 2 weeks.Even then unless injuries hit don't see any changes in this area.An additional forward I can see happening though.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
What is Oshawa doing?
Guess they r throwing us a bone. Most teams wouldn't.
Just a thought but didn’t we help them out by sending them a player for a pick so they could do a deal with Flint at the deadline a couple years back. Name escapes me (Ryan Moore). I think the two teams get along well. Or maybe they’re just greasing the skids for the arrival of Logan Brown

Last edited:
Reactions: member 71782

member 71782

Think the Spits will stand pat for now
regarding the D,as it relates to the Nother situation,with 7D on hand, don't see anything happening till Staios leaves for under 17 tourney in just under 2 weeks.Even then unless injuries hit don't see any changes in this area.An additional forward I can see happening though.

I would hope any additions at this point are either part of a return in any deals made or are made from within.

This team does need some help offensively but would rather see them hold their assets for now, at least another couple of weeks until we can evaluate the needs after everyone expected back has returned.

member 71782

Just a thought but didn’t we help them out by sending them a player for a pick so they could do a deal with Flint at the deadline a couple years back. Name escapes me (Ryan Moore). I think the two teams get along well. Or maybe they’re just greasing the skids for the arrival of Logan Brown

I think Oshawa and Windsor have been and can be good trading partners but not sure 1 year of Brown would be what they are looking for.

As things stand Oshawa's window is next year although the right additions can open up a two year window, this year and next.

Adding Brown forces them to push it up to this year but likely does nothing except weaken their chances next year.

I would guess any major additions by Oshawa this year would be two year players.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
That's the impression I got, though. The "castoffs" comment, plus previous "everyone is trading players but us" talk over the years, leads me to believe he wanted us to be a part of deals today. That's why I commented the way I did.

do you think that just jumping like that may be why people call you a team appologist? i mean, you where looking to defend the team when no one was attacking them.

Reactions: RayzorIsDull

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
The question I have now - do we go after a 98 or 99D with similar attributes (size/toughness), or let the kids run with it?

we are not going to win, unless they come for dirt cheap why? we should be trying to get the top pick this year, not make the playoffs and get swept like the leafs year after year.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
No trolling other threads.
I just speak my mind.
Does it matter that it is a different opinion than other people? If everyone in the world was the same and thought the same. It be a very boring world.

im just worried for you lol, no one should be this pissed off all the time about a sport and team

Reactions: randomhero4life

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit
In reguards to the Nother situation, if WR is not looking to wheel and deal for a replacement I think bringing Nick Gauvin back would be ideal. He is a big tough defenseman that I thought looked pretty good at camp. Adding some grit on the back end is something I think the Spits are in dire need for.

Reactions: tomschman

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
do you think that just jumping like that may be why people call you a team appologist? i mean, you where looking to defend the team when no one was attacking them.

I wasn't defending the team. I was stating a fact. The impression I got was Punch was disappointed we weren't involved in the trades, so I simply stated why we weren't involved.

"and get swept like the leafs year after year."

--- They got swept last year?

Random - good call on Gauvin. He fits the same mold and would be a nice addition.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Always disappointed when teams are wheeling and dealing and we sit by twiddling our thumbs. However I do understand we aren't in the position to do much until we are able to pony up.
Speaking of which, you have to expect we will be at some stage.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I wasn't defending the team. I was stating a fact. The impression I got was Punch was disappointed we weren't involved in the trades, so I simply stated why we weren't involved.

"and get swept like the leafs year after year."

--- They got swept last year?

Random - good call on Gauvin. He fits the same mold and would be a nice addition.

lol i figured you would have gotten my point, but ill be more wordy and spell it out for you since you did not.

for 9 years the leafs tried to build a winner and never got out of the first round, most years didnt make it into the playoffs. they finally rebuilt the right way and they are successful and look to have a championship core. the spits can ride dipietro to the playoffs, and can keep all the vets, but why? whats the point? lets do it the right way and get the next core of players, not try to crall into 7/8th and lose in the first round (no sweep :) ). what does losing in the first round help?

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
After years and years (literally) of hearing people rip the Leafs (I've been a fan for 20+ years), reading "and the leafs gets swept year after year" confused me. Sometimes, explaining does help haha

I don't think the Spits should add anyone, or keep trade bait, to make the playoffs. Deal who you need to, but still aim for the post-season. It'll help the youngsters by giving them experience. Right now, they're banking crucial points, which I appreciate. By the deadline, I expect several veterans to be dealt off for assets.

Reactions: punch1943

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
After years and years (literally) of hearing people rip the Leafs (I've been a fan for 20+ years), reading "and the leafs gets swept year after year" confused me. Sometimes, explaining does help haha

I don't think the Spits should add anyone, or keep trade bait, to make the playoffs. Deal who you need to, but still aim for the post-season. It'll help the youngsters by giving them experience. Right now, they're banking crucial points, which I appreciate. By the deadline, I expect several veterans to be dealt off for assets.

i figured when saying 'whats the point of making the playoffs and losing' the point would have been made, but whatever, semantics.

as a leaf fan you should get the finish 9th draft 14th thing they did for 6-10 years. they always went half way. the last spits rebuild was a failure because they went half way and had to restart it. there was no hard reboot. and like we have all kinda agreed, theres no lead dog here, 80 percent of the roster will be turned over before we win again. so whats the point in squeeking into the playoffs? id rather draft 1st then 6th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad