Post-Game Talk: WIN!! - WCSF - Game 6 - Nashville at Winnipeg - Tied 3-3 - 5/7/18 8:30 Central - NBCSN, CBC, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
If there is a handshake tonight I hope Calle isn't available because of the epic hit he gets on Copp with 30 seconds left and resultant game misconduct penalty. I'll start the Go Fund Me page to cover the fine.

Reactions: FierceFalcon

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Anyone notice how the Preds are most effective when attacking the Jets O as it enters the zone? It seems we're doomed once that forward starts retreating and giving up ground thus allowing for a clean entry. It's compounded when said forward backs into a d-man basically neutralizing his ability to be involved in the play.

They need to fix it. Seems to happen all night when they're getting dominated. Don't remember seeing it once in game 5.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Well, here we are, backs to the wall. Not the way I'd have liked it to play out-- I'd prefer easy peasy, win your rounds, done, skate around with a Cup. It'll never be easy, and maybe this team felt they were a little too...entitled, maybe? But if they win tonight, all is even again. You just never know. Whatever happens, it's been a fun season. I'm thrilled if we go on, happy to stop paying out cc hits on playoff tickets if we don't. It's just reality--I'm not this rich but I've committed.

For the record, I don't believe in a President's Trophy curse, nor do I believe that touching it altered one thing. This team hasn't played on all cylinders much this year, and they haven't really stepped it up for the playoffs, with a couple of exceptions. They've played well at times as a team, but that's not really a different level--it was the same level and obviously it was pretty good or they wouldn't have won so many games, right? But in the playoffs that isn't good enough. If they step it up tonight and win the next two, all is forgiven--til the next round.

Reactions: FierceFalcon

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
Hartman should absolutely sit. Stupid penalty that basically ended the game.

The guy in the seat next to mine couldn't believe the refs called Hartman for a penalty, and I was like, are you kidding? It was a clear slew-foot. I'd be OK with a suspension for that. It's a dumb play and can easily injury someone. Hartman is a decent player, but man, he needs some time with a good therapist or something.

Reactions: Jonesey

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
The guy in the seat next to mine couldn't believe the refs called Hartman for a penalty, and I was like, are you kidding? It was a clear slew-foot. I'd be OK with a suspension for that. It's a dumb play and can easily injury someone. Hartman is a decent player, but man, he needs some time with a good therapist or something.

Was it really a slew foot? I thought he just pushed the guy down.

If that is really what it was I totally missed it- but granted I only saw the play live from the upper deck- never went back and watched the replay.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Eh, he's an RFA. He'll likely continue to be a decent depth player for awhile down the road. It's disappointing right now though.

Huge over-payment, honestly. I know that the rumor around Hartman is that he has baggage... bit of a head case'room disturber. Kinda seemed to line up with his suspension and them healthy scratching him because of how he took it.(So I heard, could be wrong)

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Was it really a slew foot? I thought he just pushed the guy down.

If that is really what it was I totally missed it- but granted I only saw the play live from the upper deck- never went back and watched the replay.
it was a stupid play. look at what he did to smith last year, his hit against the avs where he was suspended, slew foot. when things aren't going good, he's a piece of shit honestly. i think he has some untapped potential but i really don't like the guy.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
I certainly hope if we go down by 2 goals, the moment that second goal goes in, we see Saros on the ice.

You have to pull out all the stops tonight.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I certainly hope if we go down by 2 goals, the moment that second goal goes in, we see Saros on the ice.

You have to pull out all the stops tonight.
if we get down 2-0 at winnipeg, we are toast. if rinne let's in a somewhat questionable goal in the first 10 minutes, pull him. i would start saros too though so my opinion is really moot.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
it was a stupid play. look at what he did to smith last year, his hit against the avs where he was suspended, slew foot. when things aren't going good, he's a piece of **** honestly. i think he has some untapped potential but i really don't like the guy.

I never said it wasn't stupid- it absolutely was.

I just asked if it was indeed a slew foot?

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I never understood why anything was changed after game 4, since those combinations appeared to have worked just fine then, but that's just me.

Laviolette changed the strategy because the venue changed. In Game 4, on the road, he coached to suppress the crowd energy by playing a tight, trap-style game. In Game 5, at home, he coached to feed off of the crowd energy by opening things back up. He should worry more about what the Jets are doing and less about the crowd, IMO. I suspect that he'll go back to the Game 4 strategy tonight, since it's in Winnipeg again, and that's the right call, but I don't have much faith that he'll have learned his lesson and stick with that strategy if they win and the series comes back home.

Reactions: Datsyukian Deke

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I never said it wasn't stupid- it absolutely was.

I just asked if it was indeed a slew foot?
almost certain it was. not surprised to see him scratched. if we find a way to make it past the jets, i really doubt he plays again unless we have injuries.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I only saw it live, too, but it certainly looked like one to me.

Now I really want to see it again- if anyone can find a clip please post.

I could have sworn he just was skating by and pushed him down, but I could be totally wrong.

Just feels like all heck would have broken loose if he really did that.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
This isn't really about Hartman, though I guess it kind of is. I'm really annoyed by the lack of breaks the Preds are getting this series. No good puck luck and the calls are definitely not going in our favor. Still not convinced that high stick on Subban in game 4 was actually a clear high stick yet I've seen our guys get high sticked 4 or 5 times now with 0 calls (that I remember). I just want consistency.

Oh and I did mention Hartman so.... I'm sure Hartman would like some calls for his nut shots!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad