Post-Game Talk: WIN!! - WCQF - Game 4 - Nashville at Winnipeg - Series Tied 2-2 - 5/3/18 8:30 Ctl - NBCSN, CBC, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Just saw the result (ok, also had gamecenter up at work), wooo hooo! So what happened? Bad reffing? Injuries? Bad war room call? Or was it just our horseshoes again?

Go Preds go!

The team played a defensive first game w/ our offense also helping out w/ the defense and they played as a team defensively/passing the puck out of our end and helping each other to get the puck out of our end and protecting in front of Rinne and scored a couple of goals when they had the chance to keep the lead. Pretty much every guy was covering their man and helping each other out. Wasn't the most exciting game but it got us the win.

zhok

Feb 10, 2018
Great win. Feels much better when we can get a handle on the Jets offense. We will lose if we try to play pond hockey with them.

Great win for Pekka, I had a feeling he was going to be out for revenge-- he needed to get angry. Should be good news coming back home.

Great to see Hartnell out there being effective-- he really should not have have sat this long. Fialia is a tough choice, but it's ridiculous that Salamaki has been in over Hartnell.

PK played much better defensively, and great to see him shut up the Whinnerpeg crowd with the goal. I will give him a pass on the last penalty, total dive by whinnerpeg player. But he does have have to be smarter knowing what's going to happen there.

Good adjustments by Lavi. His ability to make those adjustments is ultimately what has brought him success.

Sweeeeeeetttt

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Subban just never learns. He almost cost the team the game and he did just let Laine into the series and give him some confidence (did you see dancing with the puck on the next shift?). Hopefully, that doesn't come back to bite them in the next few games.
Was a bad penalty for sure- but oh by the way for 58 minutes Subban was an absolute beast out there- reminiscent of last year’s playoffs

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
The main board is jokes rn. One guy called our team “scared punk bitches.”

Sounds like someone has a masculinity issue but okay. :laugh:

People acting like we’ve been trapping all year, so much salt.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Just saw the result (ok, also had gamecenter up at work), wooo hooo! So what happened? Bad reffing? Injuries? Bad war room call? Or was it just our horseshoes again?

Go Preds go!

You guys trapped the hell out of the neutral zone and the Jets always want to pass going through it.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Resolved not to watch nor check the score on my phone. Couldn't risk another night like game 3.

Played with the kids, put them to bed, dozed off and just woke up a few minutes ago. Read the Twitter feed on the Score app then the GDT

This pattern keeps repeating itself:

Preds score multiple goals and win a high scoring game.

Next game everyone thinks they are Gretzky and defense is ignored and lose a high scoring game.

Game after that, hyperfocused on defense and not taking penalties. Rinne's confidence returns, and Preds scratch out a low scoring win.

Huge props to Lavy for the lineup shakeup.

Props to old man Hartnell for not making Lavy look stupid.

Now, boys, do it again at home Saturday.

Reactions: FierceFalcon

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Let them cry about trap or a defensive style of game. You dont win the Cup on style points you win it by winning games. Oddly enough this is much the same style of game we played in the playoffs last year. On nights where things go your way and you bank their mistakes you win 5-1, nights you arent so lucky you win 2-1.

Devils may be remembered for being a trap team, but people also remember they won the Cup with that team.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I wonder if Winnipeg fans are freaking out as badly as we would be on average had we just lost this game at home. I'm afraid to go look.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I wonder if Winnipeg fans are freaking out as badly as we would be on average had we just lost this game at home. I'm afraid to go look.

I havent looked but I'd guess they aren't freaking out at all they are convincing themselves that the refs beat them or that they just had bad luck or somehow otherwise convincing themselves that they should have already won this series in a sweep

Reactions: LCPreds

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I havent looked but I'd guess they aren't freaking out at all they are convincing themselves that the refs beat them or that they just had bad luck or somehow otherwise convincing themselves that they should have already won this series in a sweep

Sounds like how I feel about the Preds. :)

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Nah, it's all Matt Hendricks fault. 100% serious.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
What I liked about this game was everybody was working as a team/unit, rather than a bunch of individuals on the ice. They were communicating to each other and helping each other out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad