Post-Game Talk: WIN!! - WCQF - Game 4 - Nashville at Winnipeg - Series Tied 2-2 - 5/3/18 8:30 Ctl - NBCSN, CBC, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
cut.jpeg

fishgirl_medium.gif

catgif1.gif

giphy.gif

RemoteMeatyLeonberger-size_restricted.gif

DimwittedRemoteAmethystinepython-size_restricted.gif

6UFd8eI.jpg

shPmhXx.png

RpwL940.png
xf85IOx.png

E6MrSkq.png

D3IKAkd.png

t0JgVGi.png

bn7d5Dm.png

ZBsl52C.png

Sov4bVY.png

3OKB9D2.png

humboldt_8.jpg

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Is Captain Roman Josi playing tonight because it DIDNT f***ING LOOK LIKE HE DID TUESDAY. Ugh, anyway. Win or whatever.

BlueAero

Apr 19, 2013
Houston, TX
Observations of a Blues fan here. The Preds seem to have lost their identity in this series. They are playing much more tentatively than normal. Their D-men are not being nearly as aggressive as they have been all season long. The whole team seems to be reactive rather than proactive in their approach. I've never seen Rinne come unglued the way he has against Winnipeg and. overall, team discipline is seriously lacking. I hate to say it but perhaps they are a bit intimidated by the Jets, especially Byfuglien, for whom the Preds apparently have no answer judging by the way he ran roughshod over them on Tuesday night.

It's likely from my perspective that the winner of this series plays in the Cup finals. In order to advance, Nashville must find a way to get pucks on net more often and definitely need to create more traffic in front of Hellebuyck (who has shown himself to be very vulnerable to giving up mucker-type goals). Winnipeg is dominating play in the neutral zone and creating a lot of odd-man rushes as a result. Nashville needs to turn the tables on them in game 4 to even this series. If they can't do it tonight, I think this series is over.

I know much of this is obvious to everyone but needs to be stated nonetheless. One thing for sure, this is one helluva entertaining series to watch for someone without a rooting interest.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
has anyone been to a watch party at bridgestone? how was it? can tickets be bought at box office 30 minutes before puck drop? and do they sell adult beverages?

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Big win tonight boys!!!

I honestly kind of feel I would not be angry to see saros in net tonight.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
looks like both Armia and Perreault back for the Jets tonight.
plus kulikov all in regular jerseys.

the equivalent of us getting a bonino, watson/hartman, and ekholm back. yikes.

3rd line center, bottom 6 winger, and a #4 defenseman. gets Hendricks out of the lineup too.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
plus kulikov all in regular jerseys.

the equivalent of us getting a bonino, watson/hartman, and ekholm back. yikes.

3rd line center, bottom 6 winger, and a #4 defenseman. gets Hendricks out of the lineup too.
Bonino is a better comparison than Smith, but Kulikov is no Ekholm. Still, shores up their depth and drives some weaker players out of the lineup. If we play our game, it's still a beatable lineup. Let's hope that many players coming back into the lineup disrupts the Jets chemistry/rhythm for a game or two.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
kulikov was their #4 i thought. maybe im wrong. just comparing him to ekholm as he is our #4.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
So Hartman leading stretches today- does that mean he is in?? Jarnkrok also might be in.

If both of them play, who sits? Salomaki would be one, but who is the other?

pkshowban

The Montreal Predator family
Feb 12, 2017
I put this here again for the luck..

nov 16 pred 3-0 lead after the first period against Minnesota...lost 6-4.... almost the same score than last game 7-4...And how the team play after that ???

nov 18 5-2 WIN Colorado
nov20 5-3 WIN WINNIPEG (!)
nov22 3-2 WIN Montreal
nov24 2-0 WIN St-Louis

I remember, we were angry after that loll...We will see..fingers cross.​

Reactions: FierceFalcon

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
So Hartman leading stretches today- does that mean he is in?? Jarnkrok also might be in.

If both of them play, who sits? Salomaki would be one, but who is the other?
jarnkrok not in. fiala out. hartman, hartnell in. emelin out for weber.

definitely do not approve of the lineup changes in that sense.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
if Fiala is out then Smith and Turris better drop their disappearing acts and start playing.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
jarnkrok not in. fiala out. hartman, hartnell in. emelin out for weber.

definitely do not approve of the lineup changes in that sense.
Would be shocked if that's actually how we come out tonight. Lavi's got brass stones if he's electing to send Fiala a message in this manner (which is, admittedly, completely deserved--another stupid-ass penalty that likely cost us game 3).

Also, please win Preds. I'd rather my first day in Nashville to be as we're about to take a 3-2 lead in the series, not trying to stave off elimination.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoNecksCurse
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->