Post-Game Talk: WIN!! - WCQF - Game 4 - Nashville at Winnipeg - Series Tied 2-2 - 5/3/18 8:30 Ctl - NBCSN, CBC, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Well this is how we need to play if we want to win against the Jets. Not to most exciting game but a win none the least and good game play. Need to play like this going forward, except would still score more goals.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Great defensive game by the boys. We can't beat the jets run and gun for 7 games. Yes we may win a game or 2 but we have to play like we did tonight.
It is 2-2 and coming back home.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Did Lavi just outcoach us or what?

Yep Lavy out coached us all and had a great game plan tonight. Don't know if he can still get the same result the next game playing this way since the Jets will probably know what the game plan is and be better prepared for it but I'll would keep on trying it until it doesn't work anymore.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I liked that they kept pushing all game long and didn't sit back on their lead. I suspect that having only a 2-goal lead contributed, as well as the lesson learned from the last game.

Subban just never learns. He almost cost the team the game and he did just let Laine into the series and give him some confidence (did you see dancing with the puck on the next shift?). Hopefully, that doesn't come back to bite them in the next few games.

Even though the substitutions worked, I'd still like to see Fiala in the next game. Hartnell can stay, but replace Salomaki with Fiala, IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: FierceFalcon

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Lavy's turtle was too close to breaking tonight once again. It just doesn't work. I have no idea why they like to retreat in the final minutes of play instead of forechecking for the puck. Watson dumps the puck in when he has possession against 1 Jet defender at the blue line. It's baffling and it's giving the puck to the opposition for no real reason.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Lavy's turtle was too close to breaking tonight once again. It just doesn't work. I have no idea why they like to retreat in the final minutes of play instead of forechecking for the puck. Watson dumps the puck in when he has possession against 1 Jet defender at the blue line. It's baffling and it's giving the puck to the opposition for no real reason.

We didn't really turtle until the penalty. We actually had several good chances in the last few minutes before the penalty.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
We didn't really turtle until the penalty. We actually had several good chances in the last few minutes before the penalty.
We did literally turtle the whole period. A few rushes don't make it otherwise, that was the game plan. We were just semi-decent at clogging up the middle for speedy entrances from the Jets. And our rushes came from breaking up that neutral zone play.

Our game plan was to defend and score if it's possible. And it sure looked like that. Complacent defense of dump & chase.

Look, another game where we take a penalty in the last 5 minutes, another game where we let in a goal in the final 5 minutes. It happens over and over and over again and still people try to think it's a valid strategy. I would want it to die in a fire.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Well we all know that this is the way we need to play if we want to win against the Jets. Having just the defense and Rinne stopping pucks hasn't worked against this high offense Jets team. Glad Lavy figured that out and had our offense play defensively also and get the puck out of our end and keep the puck out of our net. Still think we need to keep on scoring though when we get our chances and also not take penalties w/ just minutes left in the game but overall we got the win and so that is what matters.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Great game. Hartnell was fantastic. Rinne was good. Subban was excellent. Signs of life from Ellis and Josi tonight. JOFA line continues to be a force in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad