Post-Game Talk: WIN!!! - WCQF - Game 4 - Nashville at Colorado - NSH Leads 3-1 - 4/18/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Every team in the league can win against each other on a given day. It's not a miracle to see a lower seed give a better seed a run for their money, case & point NSH last year, LA 2012...

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
Jets fan here.

Just dropping by to say congrats. You guys got the needed split in Denver. Looking strong. If both of us can do what we can, should and will do in our respective Game 5s, it should set up a sensational series in Round 2. Whoever survives, please smack Vegas around in Round 3 (if/when they get there).

Your D-core is terrifying and the Swedes upfront make me very nervous. Also, Rinne. It's championship worthy. Enjoy your run! While I hope Winnipeg gets a chance to end it, I will be otherwise pulling for you guys to raise your first banner! Cheers.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Jets fan here.

Just dropping by to say congrats. You guys got the needed split in Denver. Looking strong. If both of us can do what we can, should and will do in our respective Game 5s, it should set up a sensational series in Round 2. Whoever survives, please smack Vegas around in Round 3 (if/when they get there).

Your D-core is terrifying and the Swedes upfront make me very nervous. Also, Rinne. It's championship worthy. Enjoy your run! While I hope Winnipeg gets a chance to end it, I will be otherwise pulling for you guys to raise your first banner! Cheers.
Meh, I'm not looking forward to it. Two oversensitive fanbases and we're likely to come out of the series minus several players should we happen to win.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
I'll take a 3-2 or 2-1 type of Preds win, thanks!

Seems like you got your wish. Glad to see Jarnkrok back in the lineup. Hope Joey is alright though. Sick Forsberg move. Glad to see Sisson and Smith still scoring. Glad to see Rinne showed up for this game and made several key stops.

Last edited:

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Nice to see the referees are still consistent on being inconsistent w/ their calls.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Now if we could just get some of our other players going in the scoring department (i.e. Turris, Hartman, Fisher, Fiala) that would be even better.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
I would put Jarnkrok on the first line if Joey is out and I would put Hartnell on the fourth line as winger in place of Salomaki.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I would put Jarnkrok on the first line if Joey is out and I would put Hartnell on the fourth line as winger in place of Salomaki.

Did I miss something else? Joey came back and played in the 3rd. Have to admit I didn’t catch if he just came back for a shift and never went back out again though.

Reactions: myFialabot

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Did I miss something else? Joey came back and played in the 3rd. Have to admit I didn’t catch if he just came back for a shift and never went back out again though.

I didn't watch the game so if Joey is fine then I would put Jarnkrok in Fisher place and put Hartnell on the fourth line as winger in Salomaki place and see if we can get the fourth line going or put Jarnkrok in Turris place and see if we can get the second line going especially Fiala and have Turris/Fisher be interchangeable on the fourth line w/ Hartnell on that line and see if we can get that fourth line going. If we can find a way to get four lines scoring instead of two, think it would be easier for the Preds to win their games.

Last edited:

NightowlPred

Apr 7, 2017
If you want to get scoring out of a line by adding Jarnkrok, you put him on the wing. One of the reasons why the addition of Turris has helped so much in the regular season (besides getting Fiala and Smittey going) is that the sliding down of centermen has led Lavi to use Calle on the wing.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
If you want to get scoring out of a line by adding Jarnkrok, you put him on the wing. One of the reasons why the addition of Turris has helped so much in the regular season (besides getting Fiala and Smittey going) is that the sliding down of centermen has led Lavi to use Calle on the wing.

Okay if that is the case then I would have the lines be like this:

Filip Forsberg - Ryan Johansen - Viktor Arvidsson
Kevin Fiala - Kyle Turris - Craig Smith
Scott Hartnell - Nick Bonino - Calle Jarnkrok
Ryan Hartman - Colton Sissons - Austin Watson

Except I would have Scott Hartnell-Nick Bonino-Calle Jarnkrok be on the fourth line and Ryan Hartman-Colton Sissons-Austin Watson on the third line since Colton Sisson/Austin Watson have been going lately and if the Kevin Fiala-Kyle Turris-Craig Smith line can't get going then maybe see if adding Fisher there will help.

Last edited:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I think Hartnell is just too slow for this series. Maybe you get away with him at home, but I'm still not sure. I doubt you see Lavi break up that third line right now.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
I think Hartnell is just too slow for this series. Maybe you get away with him at home, but I'm still not sure. I doubt you see Lavi break up that third line right now.

I still think Hartnell would be an upgrade over Salomaki. Think if we put him on the lower lines w/ less minutes we will be fine.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad