Series Talk: WIN!! - WCQF: (1) Nashville Predators versus (WC2) Colorado Avalanche - NSH WINS!! 4-2

Preds vs Avs

• Total voters

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I might as well add this

Dammit another weeknight 830 start. I get it because of so many games in the east but it still pisses me off.

Also looks like Jeff Dunham is getting bumped if this goes 5. Wonder if they have to go ahead and move/cancel that show now. Can't imagine that if the 5th game wasnt certain until game 4 was over that you could cancel all those ticketholders on less than 48 hours notice

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Dammit another weeknight 830 start. I get it because of so many games in the east but it still pisses me off.

Also looks like Jeff Dunham is getting bumped if this goes 5. Wonder if they have to go ahead and move/cancel that show now. Can't imagine that if the 5th game wasnt certain until game 4 was over that you could cancel all those ticketholders on less than 48 hours notice
Central and Mountain time cities get screwed all the time. It sucks but, eh. Even games in Denver start at 8 local.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
And we get the only afternoon game in the whole first round.. at least in games 1-4.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I love our schedule. I know many hate the 8:30 starts but for out of towners like us, it works out well- I was actually hoping for it. Can work almost a whole day- kids don't have to miss any school- then head up and then just take Friday off.

And I always love Saturday afternoon games- totally awesome.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drake744

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
After I saw the Saturday time I jokingly asked my friend who bartender at Paradise Park if there was a back room I could just sleep in Friday night. She was like if I was a manager I'd let you haha

(I wouldn't obviously, just saying)

Tysonson3

Feb 20, 2017
Feeling good about this series! Avs missing 1D and starting goalie certainly helps plus we’ve played pretty good against the avs these past few years. We should give Forsberg extra time given his history against them!

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Looking on Ticketmaster it looks like the Dunham show has been rescheduled for Wednesday April 25. Gonna be quite a few people pissed that it's now midweek I'm sure

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Looking on Ticketmaster it looks like the Dunham show has been rescheduled for Wednesday April 25. Gonna be quite a few people pissed that it's now midweek I'm sure

Ouch. I know I’d be pissed especially if they could have done a Wed series start.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Avs fan here...I come in peace. I think we steal a few games, but if I'm being honest I don't think there's much of a chance for us. That said, there's a lot that can happen in a playoff series. This should be a fun one to watch.
I think it will be a very entertaining series. Your team will push us with the speed and young talent you guys have.. i think the injury to Johnson is a huge. His leadership and experience will truly be missed in this series for you guys

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Read on the Avs board that their home penalty kill this year is one of the all time best in history of the league. Good thing our power play was already hot stinking ass to begin with I suppose

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
I can't believe Jeff Dunham sells enough tickets to even book Bridgestone.

About the series, 5 is where my heads at. 6 won't surprise me. 4 won't surprise me.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I can't believe Jeff Dunham sells enough tickets to even book Bridgestone.

When I looked earlier today it appeared that Dunham was near a sell out. I know the season ticket holder tickets have been sold out for a long time.

As long as we make it to round 2, AND they don’t screw with the Foo Fighters on May 4th, I’m all good.

Reactions: myFialabot

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Colorado has a lot of that "it" factor going on right now. I won't say that scares me, but if I was a fan of some random team like Carolina who didn't care about these teams I might drop some cash on the Avs to win this series. Not saying that's my prediction, but I'd be willing to say you could find some good gambling value on this series as I think Colorado has a little more of a shot than people seem to be giving them.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
When I looked earlier today it appeared that Dunham was near a sell out. I know the season ticket holder tickets have been sold out for a long time.

As long as we make it to round 2, AND they don’t screw with the Foo Fighters on May 4th, I’m all good.

You just don't screw with the Foo. Ya just don't.

Reactions: LCPreds

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I have no idea what happens in this series. I know we need to win game one.

That's the downside of starting at home. If you come out flat and lose game one, you've already put yourself in a hole.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007

Its confusing. The Dunham tour website still lists Apr 20 but if you click the Ticketmaster link it says april25

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
I am seriously annoyed by the 2 pm start on Sat. I have to work until 2 pm. And there is no way to get out of it

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
The paranoid part of me really, really hates how many people favor us to win this series. It feels wrong after years of us being the underdogs.

I get it, I really do. But at some point we as a fanbase are going to have to let go of that mindset. A couple of people on here would probably not believe this, but I have always been a paranoid, expect the worst kind of fan, regardless of what team I am pulling for. So I definitely get it.

But having said that, any Preds fan who says they are scared of this series, or are not sure if we can win, or are not sure what to expect- that is just flat out irrational "fan fear".

Is an upset possible? Of course. In the NHL any playoff team is capable of beating another.

If the Avs were full strength it would be a lot more reasonable to be more worried. But I think many are forgetting that they are without their #1 goalie and their stud #1 defenseman. It would be like us not having Rinne and Josi.

Look at it this way- if we had the Avs roster, without Varlemov and Johnson, and were facing a team with the Preds roster, how would we be feeling? There wouldn't be one fan on here giving us a prayer of even winning one game.

And one final thought- when a series like this Preds/Avs comes along, inevitably someone will point to us beating the Hawks last year as an example that "anything can happen". I have heard a ton of people doing that, even hockey media.

But I have thought about this alot- and I think our sweep of the Hawks last year was an extreme outlier- I think it was a perfect storm of circumstances- the Hawks were in the wrong place at the wrong time. The Preds were supposed to be a cup contender going into the season but for a variety of reasons underachieved and limped into the playoffs. But the Preds finally found their footing and became the team they were supposed to be at the best possible time. It is easy to see looking back now that the Preds were ready to break out and become an elite team, and the playoffs was the beginning of that. On the other hand, the Hawks were a team that was teetering on the edge of a cliff and though no one knew it at the time were close to beginning a steep decline. They had a great record but were kind of a paper tiger and were not nearly as good as their record.

Bottom line- Hawks could not have faced a worse opponent and did so at worst possible time. A perfect storm of circumstances- and the rest is history.....

Again, don't get me wrong- I am absolutely not saying that it is impossible for us to lose this series. Far from it. But we could not ask for a better situation. Of all the other 15 playoff teams, there isn't another team we should have wanted to play than the Avs. And that is the reward for being the #1 team in the league.......

Sorry- did not mean to be so long-winded- lol- just some food for thought.......

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Avs fan here. Want to wish you guys luck. I'm not really expecting my team to make much noise but I'm incredibly proud of them for giving us bonus hockey in April. Everything extra they gain in this series is gravy.

It'll be fun being a fan of the team that's going into this series with no pressure. I'm glad it's against the Preds since I've always liked your team and respected your fans but also a little "un-glad" because the Preds are f***ing great at hockey lol.

Again, good luck!!

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
We are the favorites in this series but hope the guys don't let it get to their head and stay focused on winning as an underdog can be dangerous as they tend to be more desperate/motivated to get the win as they have nothing to lose and everything to prove. Going to need to match that intensity, which I think this team can do and have that mentality that they can beat anybody and not let any team stand in their way to reach their ultimate goal. They are going to have to fight tooth and nail for something every team is going to try to take away from them or get themselves. It's going to be a dog fight to the end. Want our guys to give it all they got and leave everything on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad