Series Talk: WIN!! - WCQF: (1) Nashville Predators versus (WC2) Colorado Avalanche - NSH WINS!! 4-2

Preds vs Avs

• Total voters

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Sucks that it ended with a whimper but I’m glad you guys looked like the favorites to end Pitts’ run at a three peat again. Congrats on the win & I hope we can have some more fun series like that once a lot more of our kids start to break into the NHL :yo:

Anyways, since the hawks are out (Chicago resident), I’m all in on your bandwagon from here on out! Now go get P.K. his cup!

PS wtf is it about playing the Avs that turns Sissons into Sergei f***ing Federov lol?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Now that was us playing our game, shame it took 6 games to find it, but hopefully it wakes us up and we don't start slow vs. the Jets.

Even beyond the psychological differences between playing an 8th seed that’s too young n dumb to be afraid, and playing a team who chased you for the president’s trophy all year, that should bolster your form next round (as compared to this one); I think you guys just match up with Winnipeg a lot better stylistically than you did against us.

You beat us every time, but after that last regular season game I posted on our board how I was no longer scared that we’d get embarrassed if we did end up in the WC2 slot. Each game had been a hard fought affair where our speed n top line caused you problems in a way we didn’t against Vegas...who could match our speed, and who, with Flower-power, could frustrate our top line, while also having more depth than us.

Winnipeg is a talented team that has some speedsters like Ehlers, but they are a heavy team, not a speed team. And that should play into your game a lot better than our frentic energy did.

...or maybe I just really want to see P.K. win a cup now that he’s out of Montreal, and like you guys because your team almost got my best friend into hockey last post season :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad