Series Talk: WIN!! - WCQF: (1) Nashville Predators versus (WC2) Colorado Avalanche - NSH WINS!! 4-2

Preds vs Avs

• Total voters

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Taking over the OP with graphics!

cut.jpeg

Gmc2nVX.jpg

0NUbFlJ.png

BA8SmVO.png
tKJa80R.png

hrFp5Ac.png

QEkAzgI.png

temshyd.png

4uU5B9s.png

ZBsl52C.png

gK5EgQK.png

IoYB9gi.png

humboldt_8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
The injuries are the only reason I think we can do it in less than 6.
yeah a #1 defenseman and a starting goalie is a huge loss for any team. we have home ice and honestly have a much better roster. obviously anything can happen but if we lose in any fashion, it would rival us sweeping chicago last year in terms of upsets.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I'm concerned about the Preds consistency. Seems like they've been playing a good game, then a bad one. But they did win the last two and the Playoffs are a new season.

Nearly anything could happen as we saw last year, I'm internally optimistic, but I'll keep it reserved until the outcome is certain.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
I'm concerned about the Preds consistency. Seems like they've been playing a good game, then a bad one. But they did win the last two and the Playoffs are a new season.

Nearly anything could happen as we saw last year, I'm internally optimistic, but I'll keep it reserved until the outcome is certain.

Playoffs and regular season are 2 different things. You don't have a problem with motivation and there aren't any back to backs and backup goalies.

This is a tough matchup. Teams with speed give the preds problems so they do not want to go run and gun with Colorado. Bernier is still a good goalie not as good as Varmarlov but he isn't an AHL goalie. We have to be good defensively against them and stay out of the box. Hopefully we can get Jarnkrok back as we need him.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I’m basically as confident as one can get in a playoff series. Meaning I see no reason we should lose a 7 game series against the Avs but anything can happen.

Frankly I don’t think this team should lose a 7 game series against anyone but sometimes variables out of your control can get in the way. Injuries, ‘puck luck’, hit goalies, intent to blow, etc.

FilthyScoresberg

Memphis 901
Jul 28, 2015
Memphis
I think we take this one in 5 or 6. Leaning more towards 5 though. Should be a very interesting matchup because we’ve never met them in the playoffs and the former Preds being on that team.
I’m really excited to see this one.
I’m just thankful it’s not Anaheim or St. Louis.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
This will be an exciting series.

Good for the Avalanche and Joe Sakic to completely turn this team around. They made a good trade to get Girard, Kamenev, and a lot more pieces on Duchenne. It was a nice rebound after it looked like it would drag their team down.

That said, I hope we win in convincing fashion. It is time to shake off the sloppy play.

This Preds team will benefit from a more lax called game, not because of obstruction, but because they are playing rough, physical, and abrasive game since the playoffs last year. This has been an excellent style of playoff hockey in the past. Hopefully it will continue.

Let's Go Preds!

This should be a series win, but you never know when star players are involved. Injuries and goaltending can swing the balance!

As an aside, the Ducks and Wild are very vulnerable in their opening matchups, and I wouldn't be surprised to see both go home with Suter and Cam Fowler out.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
We gotta stay out of the box. Especially at home the Avs are good on the PP and money on the PK. The more we play 5-on-5 especially on the road, the better. They have one solid line that we have to shut down.

Never underestimate a playoff opponent, though. We all saw what happened last year. Their speed can cause us problems.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Just glad we didn’t draw the blues. If we can keep that mackinnon under control we should be ok. But that guy is electric so not an easy task.

Preds in six.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Colorado without their no.1D and no.1G, no reason for us not to win.

We got to cut back on the penalties, but maybe they don't call as many now that it's the playoffs.

Anyway, I'm ready for some playoff hockey!

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
If Rinne keeps up his unreal play I think we ought to do just fine.

* * *​
The good news is even if we need to use Johansens line as a shutdown line, our 2nd and third lines can still score plenty.

So if all we do is make the top lines a wash, that's a huge advantage to us.

This too. :thumbu:

Reactions: FierceFalcon

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
The Avs seem to have that element of youthful enthusiasm where they're big underdogs with nothing to lose. I wouldn't say I'm worried but they do have firepower. Our obsession with committing penalties could be a big problem against them.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN

I guess this means that if there is a game 5 either Jeff Dunham (fri) or comedy get down (sat) is getting moved or rescheduled. I’m assuming based on ticket availability between those events that game 5 would be on Sat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad