Post-Game Talk: Win trifecta! 4:3 Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shazzam

Now 20% Chunkier
Oct 29, 2015
Great White North eh...
We really need to take a close look at our defensive system especially from the face-off dot to the blue line. So many turn overs there and weak plays not being able to get the puck out. Passes up the boards end up on opponent's defense's stick. If we can clean this up, even only 50% better, it would really tilt the ice in our favor.
So many times it looks like we've gained possession and have the time to be skating or passing out of our zone and a pass gets intercepted and we're hemmed in again.
We're allowing way too many shots on goal almost every game. We don't have the goal-tending for this.

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
We really need to take a close look at our defensive system especially from the face-off dot to the blue line. So many turn overs there and weak plays not being able to get the puck out. Passes up the boards end up on opponent's defense's stick. If we can clean this up, even only 50% better, it would really tilt the ice in our favor.
So many times it looks like we've gained possession and have the time to be skating or passing out of our zone and a pass gets intercepted and we're hemmed in again.
We're allowing way too many shots on goal almost every game. We don't have the goal-tending for this.

Hear, hear!

I love the Jets but it's very frustrating when other teams make 5-6-7-8 passes in a row in our end and we cant make more than 2-3 anywhere on the ice without some kind of turnover. passes in our own end in particular are terrible.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
So 26 and 55 are on a tear and you want to mess with the line?
Copp has been very solid on that line which is not something I would have expected.

I think the last couple of games Copp has started to look a bit out of place on that line. He hasn't been bad or anything but has had trouble keeping up at times. He also has trouble when he holds onto the puck for any length of time.

But the line we need to alter is the MLA line. I'd like to run with a Perrault- Petan-Armia line for a bit.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Can anyone tell me why just about every game played that the Jets feed is always in HD 720. I can hardly ever watch the Jets in 1080. And just got a new 60" 4K hd tv and have to look at a shatty 720 game.

I wish we had decent 720p on Shaw.

Sure was a nice hit !! Lindy Ruff said Spezza is going to miss some time and "it's probably more than days"

Nice hit but that stinks. It didn't look too devastating; I wonder if he re-aggravated something.

angrymnky

May 31, 2011
Winnipeg
I know right. As long as we score 4 goals we can win by playing pavelec.

And Helle for 60% of his games this year. (Which is still better than 100% of pavs.) On the other hand, there's a fair number of Helle's games where 4 goals wouldn't have been enough.

ShooTer44

Oct 6, 2012
Update on the Spezza hit. Ruff said Spezza could be out a week or two, maybe longer. Upper body, not a concussion.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Also, I saw glimpses early last night of good play in our D zone. Forwards getting in position for good breakout passes, clearing the front of the net etc. But then it stops, but I suppose that's the system we use. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, perhaps other teams just figure it out quickly and adjust.

Against a fast team like Dallas, I really wish some of our D would hustle retrieving pucks in our end. We seem to lose that footrace a lot.
The improvements I have seen are in quicker puck retrieval and in the first pass breaking out of the zone. They are doing a better job of getting the puck up the ice and not reversing so much, I've seen them try and stretch the ice a bit more as well which is causing teams to not be as aggressive.

When teams gain the zone in possession the Jets are still a mess, that's on their system and it effects breakouts. Having said that all of our top 4 have excellent gap control and force teams well at our blue line. Postma isn't bad either, StuRot are a mess in this area, which is largely why things are such a tire fire when they are on.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
The improvements I have seen are in quicker puck retrieval and in the first pass breaking out of the zone. They are doing a better job of getting the puck up the ice and not reversing so much, I've seen them try and stretch the ice a bit more as well which is causing teams to not be as aggressive.

When teams gain the zone in possession the Jets are still a mess, that's on their system and it effects breakouts. Having said that all of our top 4 have excellent gap control and force teams well at our blue line. Postma isn't bad either, StuRot are a mess in this area, which is largely why things are such a tire fire when they are on.

Good description. You always have a good handle on what's happening on the ice. I appreciate hearing your opinion.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
"I Larged Down The Boulevard, Came Under Attack,
But I Rocked Them Senseless, 'Cause Honey It's Tight Like That."

Massive old school clutch fan here

Nice. I saw them in the Peg when they warmed up for Motorhead.
IMHO most of their stuff from early 90's to mid 2000's is golden. The self-titled album "Clutch" (1995) is memorable. Their lyrics are totally worth the journey.

Lowry's hit: Huge but sorry that Spezza is injured. Thinking he messed up his back?

Last edited:

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg

Charlie Huddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad