Post-Game Talk: Win trifecta! 4:3 Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Puck luck evens out during the course of the year. This one, it was on our side and Pav's side. That doesn't take away from the win, it's just part of it. Overall, Pav was the difference in this one - he outplayed his counterpart on the other side of the ice.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
It's amazing how close this team is to being a consistently GREAT team. A goaltender (although Pavs has been playing well over this period), and make some obvious changes to the systems (5v5, PK, PP). We have some incredible talent, we really need to have coaching take advantage of what we have.

It seems that we sort of let the horses run last night, but it's still a mess in the D zone.

Anyway, happy for the 3 in a row. Hope we can keep it going regardless of how we're doing it.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Also, I saw glimpses early last night of good play in our D zone. Forwards getting in position for good breakout passes, clearing the front of the net etc. But then it stops, but I suppose that's the system we use. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, perhaps other teams just figure it out quickly and adjust.

Against a fast team like Dallas, I really wish some of our D would hustle retrieving pucks in our end. We seem to lose that footrace a lot.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
It's amazing how close this team is to being a consistently GREAT team. A goaltender (although Pavs has been playing well over this period), and make some obvious changes to the systems (5v5, PK, PP). We have some incredible talent, we really need to have coaching take advantage of what we have.

It seems that we sort of let the horses run last night, but it's still a mess in the D zone.

Anyway, happy for the 3 in a row. Hope we can keep it going regardless of how we're doing it.

Maurice needs to change up and sort out our defensive zone system. If he does that we are good to go.

LowEnd88

Feb 10, 2012
Winnipeg
PoMo is just not used to getting saves from his goalies

:D

In his coaching carreer he has been supported by a whopping .9035 save% from his goalies. So you understand if he shed a little tear when Pav made that 10-beller save on the short handed break away. Pav probably saved the game right there. Good for him - and the team

Coaching career record vs SV%... Is there anywhere that this information is readily available for all coaches? It would be interesting to see how much a coach's career is a function of goaltending.

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
whooa man we are in uncharted territory here! 3 wins in a row..... knocking on wood.. not even going to say anything more.

LowEnd88

Feb 10, 2012
Winnipeg
One thing I didn't understand in the lead up to this game: this whole "don't get into a track meet with Dallas" thing that the media was pushing. I say **** that. We have the firepower to outscore them.

Seriously. Especially when all of our young guns are firing on all cylinders like they have been.

It's been discussed on here that our team is lacking an identity. I think we should lean towards that track meet style... not full blown track meet style though... with some defensive consideration plz haha

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
One thing I didn't understand in the lead up to this game: this whole "don't get into a track meet with Dallas" thing that the media was pushing. I say **** that. We have the firepower to outscore them.

Good point I think it's just taking everyone time to figure it out since it is kind of unravelling before us here with 18 to 20 years olds on pace for 70 points. We have the skill now to go T2T with anyone we are just a bit short on goaltending (unless we are playing the stars). I think it also really helps to have a guy like Trouba on the 2nd unit providing the offensive push now too. We have always had Buff doing his thang but now we have that push off of two D units. We are a work in progress with lots of flaws but we also have incredible fire power.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014

Maurice stated he wants this team to play to its strength, and as of today we put up goals better than any other team.

bogostick

Jun 13, 2014
Nice to see 3 in a row. Kind of hope the first line copp experiment comes to an end tho

AtlantaPeg

Oct 14, 2016
Center Ice games

Can anyone tell me why just about every game played that the Jets feed is always in HD 720. I can hardly ever watch the Jets in 1080. And just got a new 60" 4K hd tv and have to look at a shatty 720 game.

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice
When the **** are we not going to lead the league in games played? These games in hand are ****ing ridiculous! I would have thought that we'd have fallen in line with the rest of the league by now. Whoever drew up this ****ing schedule should be fired. Looks like we're a point behind for the last wild card spot, but there's as much as a 4 game differential. Gives us a false sense of where we actually are.

Pretty sure this has happened every season.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
When the **** are we not going to lead the league in games played? These games in hand are ****ing ridiculous! I would have thought that we'd have fallen in line with the rest of the league by now. Whoever drew up this ****ing schedule should be fired. Looks like we're a point behind for the last wild card spot, but there's as much as a 4 game differential. Gives us a false sense of where we actually are.

Blame the NHLPA. Things will even out once the Jets get their week off. Next year they are gonna try and give the whole eastern and western conference their bye weeks at the same time.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Can anyone tell me why just about every game played that the Jets feed is always in HD 720. I can hardly ever watch the Jets in 1080. And just got a new 60" 4K hd tv and have to look at a shatty 720 game.

Here's the thing about 4k tvs
1080p still isn't a standard in television/movies or even video games

Shazzam

Now 20% Chunkier
Oct 29, 2015
Great White North eh...
Armia's game last night was really bad. But I've seen enough previously to hope he can get it back together. Maybe aggravated his injury?
I like what his line brings when it's clicking. Hopefully the line can remain intact as a fourth line next year.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada

Someone in the GDT for the last Hawks game (might have been theirs might have been ours) said something about the Hawks force the Jets to play a more up-tempo risk-taking game and it seems to actually work for them. When they can sit back and play defensive hockey is when everything goes to ****.

We need to be the 2007/2008 Caps :laugh:

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
Nice to see 3 in a row. Kind of hope the first line copp experiment comes to an end tho

So 26 and 55 are on a tear and you want to mess with the line?
Copp has been very solid on that line which is not something I would have expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad