Post-Game Talk: Win trifecta! 4:3 Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
When the **** are we not going to lead the league in games played? These games in hand are ****ing ridiculous! I would have thought that we'd have fallen in line with the rest of the league by now. Whoever drew up this ****ing schedule should be fired. Looks like we're a point behind for the last wild card spot, but there's as much as a 4 game differential. Gives us a false sense of where we actually are.

Teams should catach up a bit when the Jets have their 5 days off at the end of this month.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Right now i don't care who's in net as long as we win , we have to beat Colorado on Saturday . Pavelec keeps starting until we lose then back to Helly and so on the rest of the year. I do think Maurice has more confidence in Pavelec though . Way to win 3 in a row boys , this team would be pretty damn good with Myers and Stafford instead of Stuart and Thorburn . Would love to see that lineup just once this season , damn injuries and holdouts .

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Scheifele was in Beast Mode tonight!

Is that why he was running goalies?

Seriously, that was a brutal call and while the momentum was already in the Stars' favour at that point it got out of hand on that powerplay.

**** stripes--be better!

Even Pav knows "3 goals again"

I feel for him. This shouldn't be notable except for all the villainous narratives that get constructed about him.

No his fault he's starting, after all.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
why do some posters have to ruin the enjoyment of simple things for other posters?

Half the posters pay homage to the Tank thread and many of them wish failure on Pavelec. You can't win even when the Jets win. :cry::laugh:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Half the posters pay homage to the Tank thread and many of them wish failure on Pavelec. You can't win even when the Jets win. :cry::laugh:

Does a Tank thread fall in the forest when it's on ignore?

3 down 5 to go!

:yo:

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Does a Tank thread fall in the forest when it's on ignore?

:laugh:

I wish I could do that. ;)

3 down 5 to go!

:yo:

Yep - nice to finally get that monkey off our backs. Didn't like their game much after taking the lead, but they hung on. 3 GA, but a good Sv%, so I'll give Pav credit for this one - he did hold them in there when they were back on their heels. Interesting that he mentioned the 3 GA himself post game.

Have to give the Stars some credit too - they pushed hard in the 3rd. Real nail biter at the end of the game. Onwards and upwards - just keep winning, and let the cards fall where they may.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
:laugh:

I wish I could do that. ;)

Yep - nice to finally get that monkey off our backs. Didn't like their game much after taking the lead, but they hung on. 3 GA, but a good Sv%, so I'll give Pav credit for this one - he did hold them in there when they were back on their heels. Interesting that he mentioned the 3 GA himself post game.

Have to give the Stars some credit too - they pushed hard in the 3rd. Real nail biter at the end of the game. Onwards and upwards - just keep winning, and let the cards fall where they may.

Up until now it's been mostly run support but last night Pavs played big. At some point here I think we are going to get a legit hot streak from our goalies and that will really help the push. Lord knows we can fill the net with the best of them now.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Good game by Pav. As long as he's not here next year, ride him right to the Stanley Cup afaic.

Crazy finish...but lots of fun watching chef and the boys score goals. hopefully getting the 3rd game finally will open the flood gates and we can go on a nice run and get back in the game.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Good game by Pav. As long as he's not here next year, ride him right to the Stanley Cup afaic.

Crazy finish...but lots of fun watching chef and the boys score goals. hopefully getting the 3rd game finally will open the flood gates and we can go on a nice run and get back in the game.

If Pavelec is able to carry this team to the playoffs this year, I would imagine they'd bring him back next year on a 1-year deal and bury Hutch in the A.

You're not getting rid of Pavy so easily if the Jets go on a roll with him in the pipes. :laugh:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
If Pavelec is able to carry this team to the playoffs this year, I would imagine they'd bring him back next year on a 1-year deal and bury Hutch in the A.

You're not getting rid of Pavy so easily if the Jets go on a roll with him in the pipes. :laugh:

Good for him last night but he needs to go next year. They need a legit upgrade in net and he's not it.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Good for him last night but he needs to go next year. They need a legit upgrade in net and he's not it.

Fortunately, we don't have to make that decision until the offseason and if he plays great the rest of the year (and only two years removed from his career year), then I would be fine with a veteran back-up contract and Helle next year.

But maybe Pav gets traded by TDL if we get a good deal.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Also, as long as the Jets are scoring and amassing various personal scoring streaks, he has an endless pool of random stats that he can't resist.

Still, Hnidy is so good that I can't switch over to another broadcast crew.

Agreed about Hnidy. Easily my favorite out of the 1290 crew. But also have no problem with Beyak's tire pumping. A lot of Jets getting love these days. Hell I bet he'd adopt Scheifele if he could. No Jet fan will ever be unaware of how many points Mark has scored in any number of previous games :laugh:

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
But there's 5 or 6 seasons of evidence that suggests he's not good enough. He was good. He was pavelec tho. Let's in 2 stinkers. Makes a couple saves he has no business making. Seen it for 5 or 6 seasons now.

again, perhaps take that to a goalie/Pavs thread.

he has a career's worth of stats.
he also has a season's worth of stats.
i'm currently interested in his past 6 games.
LA Kings would agree with me and say the same about Budaj

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
not discussed:

how bad Armia looked.
like, real bad.

i'm back to "leave him exposed in the expansion draft."

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
not discussed:

how bad Armia looked.
like, real bad.

i'm back to "leave him exposed in the expansion draft."

Almost 24. Around 10 career goals why wouldn't you. Staff will probably replace him on line and bump him down to replace thorburn.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Almost 24. Around 10 career goals why wouldn't you. Staff will probably replace him on line and bump him down to replace thorburn.

stafford's a UFA after this season.
you can replace his with Dano, Connor or Roslovic, depending where/how you want to play them.
the point is that he has zero finish and yesterday looked like a total tire fire in his own zone.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
This win didn't really change the narrative
Just proved what we already know

We have the talent
We need a goalie
We need a better systeman
^(specifically defensively)

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
you can replace his with Dano, Connor or Roslovic, depending where/how you want to play them.
the point is that he has zero finish and yesterday looked like a total tire fire in his own zone.

My guess is dano copp in house . Or fa signinig or trade. Connor doesn't fit and roslovic is being groomed for centre. Or he doesn't get claimed witch is very likely.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016

Even if he wasn't. Get rid of him
There's no reason to have him when the young kids are performing as well

Male75FromFinland

Aug 5, 2010
Another huge win for the Jets, this win was also miracle with Beer League Buff giving Stars great change to beat vulnerable defense.

Petan is getting so many great chances he might do the Ehlers trick and start suddenly putting up goals from left and right.

Jets could really use help from Chiarot, Myers or somebody out side organization to give more dept to defense.

Pavelec looks calm so he hopefully will get his game better and better form.

What the **** Jets should do with Buff??? he had 4 GREAT games before all-star break and now he starts to look more and more like that same player who was big part of most Jets losses this season. Jets need him to be THE BEST defenseman to make the playoffs.

Amazing game by 55#

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Up until now it's been mostly run support but last night Pavs played big. At some point here I think we are going to get a legit hot streak from our goalies and that will really help the push. Lord knows we can fill the net with the best of them now.

One thing I didn't understand in the lead up to this game: this whole "don't get into a track meet with Dallas" thing that the media was pushing. I say **** that. We have the firepower to outscore them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad