Post-Game Talk: WIN!! - St. Louis @ Smashville 7 pm - Bare Bones this is not a Blues State Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaiderDoug

Feb 5, 2007
Knoxville
I enjoy any win over the Blues, I don't care if they were coming off a B2B.

Mike Fisher really made a difference on this team.

Ek and PK are still a terrible defensive pairing.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I enjoy any win over the Blues, I don't care if they were coming off a B2B.

Mike Fisher really made a difference on this team.

Ek and PK are still a terrible defensive pairing.
We need to just suck it up and put Josi and PK back together. Ellis and Ekholm have chemistry so we don't need to mess with it. Subban and Josi will eventually figure it out, and while they do we need to have our second pair who are used to each other playing together.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
We need to just suck it up and put Josi and PK back together Steal a TARDIS and go back and kidnap Poile on June 27th and not let him out until July 1. Ellis and Ekholm have chemistry so we don't need to mess with it.

:sarcasm::naughty:

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
We need to just suck it up and put Josi and PK back together. Ellis and Ekholm have chemistry so we don't need to mess with it. Subban and Josi will eventually figure it out, and while they do we need to have our second pair who are used to each other playing together.

100% agreed. PK and Josi have the potential of being the best, most dominant pair in the league by far and right now we're not using that. Ellis and Ekholm have proven (last year's playoffs they were better than Weber and Josi) that they are a really good 2nd pair.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
People always assume teams in a back to back are dead tired and have no legs. Blues had legs until the third.

I watched the STL feed and I recall them quoting Hitchcock saying he feels as if his team feels it in their legs more in that 3rd game of a three games in four days stretch rather than in the 2nd of b2b's

Either way, they're still not at full capacity. I consider wins over divisional rivals big whether they're on 2nd game of b2bs or playing a backup. If the situations were flipped, then it would be huge.

It's funny. Now you look at a single game and be like nah it's just one game. At the end of the regular season you look at those last games as very important if you're fighting for a PO- or WC-spot. Win few more of these "4 point games" and the situation could be a lot easier come spring.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
100% agreed. PK and Josi have the potential of being the best, most dominant pair in the league by far and right now we're not using that. Ellis and Ekholm have proven (last year's playoffs they were better than Weber and Josi) that they are a really good 2nd pair.

Given the horrible start we've had and that we are just now turning things around I don't see that happening right now unless there is an injury. Problem is that PK and Josi are too much alike. It would be hard for both of them to play their game because one is going to have to stay back to cover the other when they take chances. It would take time for them to work and we don't have that luxury right now given the hole we dug ourselves at the beginning of the season. If the World Cup wouldn't have happened it would have been different as PK and Josi could have had all of training camp and preseason to work together. I think it will happen eventually but until Bietto comes back and our 3rd pairing can hopefully play more minutes things will stay the same.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Given the horrible start we've had and that we are just now turning things around I don't see that happening right now unless there is an injury. Problem is that PK and Josi are too much alike. It would be hard for both of them to play their game because one is going to have to stay back to cover the other when they take chances. It would take time for them to work and we don't have that luxury right now given the hole we dug ourselves at the beginning of the season. If the World Cup wouldn't have happened it would have been different as PK and Josi could have had all of training camp and preseason to work together. I think it will happen eventually but until Bietto comes back and our 3rd pairing can hopefully play more minutes things will stay the same.

I think we took this argument and threw it out of the window when we traded Weber aka the perfect pair for Josi for Subban.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013

Subban's pairing is still struggling a bit with Ekholm looking lost quite often, so we still have a struggling pair currently. Isn't it better to keep Ekholm with Ellis where he fits better and let Josi and Subban work this out as we would still have one struggling pair? It's still early in the season and the team has semi dug itself out of the hole. I think now is a better time to try to let them work on this rather than late in the season. If we drop a few more games now due to the learning curve with Josi and Subban we can still grab a WC spot or 3rd place in the division if we finish strong rather than stumble to the finish trying things later. Truth is that Ellis and Ekholm are in a bit over their head with he extra 2-4 minutes a night now that they are split.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad