Post-Game Talk: WIN!! - St. Louis @ Smashville 7 pm - Bare Bones this is not a Blues State Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mypetrobot

sua sponte
Jun 22, 2013
So are you seriously trying to argue that this doesn't qualify as a big win because they were on a back to back? C'mon man.........

I don't care if this was their 4th straight night to play- yes, this was a big win over a division rival that we are chasing. 100% it was a big win.

Yes I am. It would've been a big win of the roles were reversed.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Big win? They should've been expected to win this game back up goalie and a team on the second of a back to back.

They didn't take control of the game until the third period when the blues were gassed and they were goose egg on the PP.

People always assume teams in a back to back are dead tired and have no legs. Blues had legs until the third.

Not all backups are sieves either. You should know Hutton a little.

Every win in division against a team you might see in the playoffs is a big win, regardless of schedule or goaltender.

Mypetrobot

sua sponte
Jun 22, 2013
People always assume teams in a back to back are dead tired and have no legs. Blues had legs until the third.

Not all backups are sieves either. You should know Hutton a little.

Every win in division against a team you might see in the playoffs is a big win, regardless of schedule or goaltender.

You answered your own critique. Blues had legs until the third....

So yeah they were gassed because of the B2B just read the thread leading up to the third.

Back ups are back ups for a reason.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Apologies...I think this whole week has me on edge.

Awesome to win tonight! Really loved Krazy Kyle putting a Leonard Cohen tribute in the game too. Sucks he's gone.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Didn't like the start, but loved the finish. PK to end the game was great.

Defense is turning the pucks over too much, especially at the beginning of games lately. They seem to settle down after a while, but early in the last couple of games, there are some ugly turnovers.

Forsberg has been so close, when he finally breaks through he might not stop for a while!

Good win!

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
17,259 listed on the official game sheet.

Yes, I know what some are going to say and I don't care, I'm just telling you what the game sheet had listed.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Typical Thursday. Tickets are sold but it's always subject to the casual fans that never really go to their seats

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
My section started out sparse but by the 2nd period there were only a few empty seats. Many were Blues fans, and for the record they were well behaved, even when they were up 1-0.

Let's have some pie!

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Mypetrobot, so if the backend of B2B is unwinnable, then why is the NHL scheduling those? Newsflash, sometimes teams do win B2B games with the backup goalie.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
STL was 2-0 in the second games of a back to back this year... and 10-2 I think in their last 12 back to backs second games. and we were 1-3-1 against these guys and they're owned us the during the lavy years more than any other team in the central.

it was a good win any way you look at it..

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
This was definitely a big win because we have finally dug out of the hole and are back at .500 (and don't quibble with me over the fact that we really aren't because of the OT/SO losses). To me that's how I chart our progress. Right now we are on an 82 point pace. Win a coulple more and that becomes a 90 point pace, and it starts to feel like we are a playoff team again.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
This was definitely a big win because we have finally dug out of the hole and are back at .500 (and don't quibble with me over the fact that we really aren't because of the OT/SO losses). To me that's how I chart our progress. Right now we are on an 82 point pace. Win a coulple more and that becomes a 90 point pace, and it starts to feel like we are a playoff team again.

Not to mention that right now we are only two points from being in the first wild card spot RIGHT NOW- and with two games in hand.

We are in very good position considering our start.......

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
You answered your own critique. Blues had legs until the third....

So yeah they were gassed because of the B2B just read the thread leading up to the third.

Back ups are back ups for a reason.

Exactly. It was a tough game against a tough team until the third when the Blues tank was empty and Nashville capitalized. Welcome to what good hockey teams do.

Also a backup won the Cup last year while his starter was healthy on the bench so I'd nip the bud on the backup slight.

Softball99

Dec 16, 2014
The tuesday presaeson/blood drive night the Preds were doing a trade with season ticket holders and this was one of the choices. the upgrades were to the lower bowl but they were extras... instead of my usual 3 tickets I had 6 last night. 3 in 333 & 3 in 108 ...tickets considered sold but maybe not used. I was lucky and had people for my extras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad