ekholm ellis
emelin subban
irwin weber

rinne
Saros

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I'm happy the Preds are in a position where they feel like rest is worth more than anything else at this point. The schedule was a bit backloaded relative to some others so it's good to have this option available.

Definitely trust Lavy when it comes to knowing how to ensure a team is ready to go for a playoff run.

Reactions: myFialabot

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I just hope whatever is going on with Josi is no big deal.

The paranoid side of me is already worried about it

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
if people are banged up i don't mind letting them 'rest' a few games and try to get back to 100%. i am not of the school that 'rest' for a healthy player is needed and greatly beneficially to the team and the player as much as others are though. win the frigging division and conference first and then rest people, we are still weeks and weeks away from the flipping playoffs. i've always thought the strange idea that too much depth can actually be a short term negative if everyone is healthy.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Resting players this far out from the end is truly bizarre since it never happens. The idea that players are "banking" rest now since the team actually CAN rest players now, is a foreign concept to me. Maybe taking time now instead of right at/or in addition to the end of the season makes sense. There's no baseline to work from.

It will probably work because Lavy pushes buttons and turns knobs and more often than not, this team makes it work, even if it doesn't always make sense. Stay tuned.....

Reactions: SouthNash

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Keep in mind they are calling it rest, when in reality it's letting guys heal an injury or two. Obviously Josi had something we didn't know about they feel is important to get healed up. It appears Smith was nursing something as well. Sitting guys just to sit them hasn't really happened yet I don't think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad