Post-Game Talk: WIN!! - NSH @ VAN 12-13-17

Status
Not open for further replies.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I would be looking for the nearest tall building to leap off of if we had given up 4 goals like the ones Vancouver has tonight- unreal....

I am very interested to see how we play the rest of the game. We all know how awful we have been with big leads, but there is no excuse tonight. They are the 27th ranked offense in the league and are missing some key players. No excuse whatsoever to let them back in the game

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011

so why the f*** is he playing with cow turd aberg and jarnkrok? we have a top 10 winger in the WHOLE LEAGUE in his prime and that's his linemates. someone name a top 10 forward at their position playing with such shitty linemates.

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
Lol Nilsson was so pissed when he flung that puck away after freezing it. Can't say that I blame him.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
so why the **** is he playing with cow turd aberg and jarnkrok? we have a top 10 winger in the WHOLE LEAGUE in his prime and that's his linemates. someone name a top 10 forward at their position playing with such ****ty linemates.
It's ONE game. If it becomes 3 or more, then we can question it.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
so why the **** is he playing with cow turd aberg and jarnkrok? we have a top 10 winger in the WHOLE LEAGUE in his prime and that's his linemates. someone name a top 10 forward at their position playing with such ****ty linemates.

Crosby has almost always been saddled with 3rd line talent at best while some of the better wingers line up with Malkin. It wasn't until Guentzel broke out that he really had actual skill on his line.

also, maybe you missed the last few games where Forsberg - Jarnkrok - Aberg actually scored a bit. I don't think that this is a long-term line, probably doesn't last more than a game or two.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
This has to be one of the weirdest games I've seen in quite awhile. We have had about a million unbelievable scoring chances, and pretty much haven't scored on any of them. Yet we still have 4 very weird goals. If we had hit on some of our great chances, we very well could have 7 or 8 goals by now.......

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
It's ONE game. If it becomes 3 or more, then we can question it.
there's no need for it to be even one. not like any line is getting sheltered. put forsberg with the guys that has worked for going on 2 years. jarnkrok and aberg are what they are. jarnkrok actually has use. dont try to fit a square in a peg hole.

we've missed almost all our great chances. got a lot of lucky bounces. i guess it works out when you are putting pucks to the net.

Reactions: Smart Alek

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
there's no need for it to be even one. not like any line is getting sheltered. put forsberg with the guys that has worked for going on 2 years. jarnkrok and aberg are what they are. jarnkrok actually has use. dont try to fit a square in a peg hole.

we've missed almost all our great chances. got a lot of lucky bounces. i guess it works out when you are putting pucks to the net.
I think the point was to ease Johansen back (they did the same with Bonino when he came back by putting him with McLeod).

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I like the way we kept our foot on the gas with the lead in that second period. But having said that, we started giving up a few too many good chances as well, partly because of that. I may regret saying this, but I wouldn't mind if we took our foot off the gas JUST A LITTLE and tightened up defensively in the third.....

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Crosby has almost always been saddled with 3rd line talent at best while some of the better wingers line up with Malkin. It wasn't until Guentzel broke out that he really had actual skill on his line.

also, maybe you missed the last few games where Forsberg - Jarnkrok - Aberg actually scored a bit. I don't think that this is a long-term line, probably doesn't last more than a game or two.
crosby would be a point per game player with watson. and as your post clearly said, he has had guentzel of late. and also see pens fans clamoring for help on the wing for years. and one goal from aberg and a decent game doesn't hide away the obvious in front of us. forsberg is our best goal scorer. he needs to be with our best guys. we have enough talent with the turris trade. we may be okay against the canucks but long term this won't work.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham

I don't disagree with you on your point, but I agree with some others that unless it continues, I am not going to get too worked up over it. Our offense continues to look great and has been absolutely dominant tonight.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I like the way we kept our foot on the gas with the lead in that second period. But having said that, we started giving up a few too many good chances as well, partly because of that. I may regret saying this, but I wouldn't mind if we took our foot off the gas JUST A LITTLE and tightened up defensively in the third.....
That's the problem with high octane style offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad