Post-Game Talk: WIN!! - Nashville Predators @ Arizona Coyotes 3/15/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSHPreds1835

Glads/Preds
May 24, 2011
Monroe GA
Congratulations to Nashville on a good win tonight, and from the bottom of this Jets fan's heart, let me say 'thank you' for eliminating Arizona from postseason contention.

Here's to a date in round two.

PS "Glorious" is probably one of the best ring songs in recent memory. That is all.

Weren't they eliminated before the start of the game?

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
How does Nashville continue to pull out wins like this. Amazingly confident group of guys right now. Nashville could be down 3-0 with a minute to go in the third and win 4-3.

Havent to you heard? Preds are just a totally lucky team.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I wouldn't say wrestling is even a redneck thing, isn't it most popular in Philadelphia? And also Japan and Mexico.

it's been exported, and to some degree influenced by local cultures importing it, to every continent but Antarctica. So yeah, it's hardly "strictly" a redneck thing, but as it applies to the USA one would be hard pressed to ignore the unique fervor and passion in the Southern states during its prime years.

Weren't they eliminated before the start of the game?

They could have ran the table and tied the current #8 WC. Don't know how the tiebreaks would have worked. So maybe this was just the decent burial. Either way, it was a good day :)

Havent to you heard? Preds are just a totally lucky team.

I don't think anyone would say they're *just* a lucky team, but surely you'd agree that they've defied the odds with some very good short variance lately. Of course good teams and ones with good psychology are in positions to cash in on that luck more than weaker ones, and that holds in any sport. But they have won several games where they've been, at some point, at least 10-1 underdogs just based on the score and clock. Whether you want to call that 'luck' is just a quibble of nomenclature. I'm a pretty big gambler so that's the term I go with :P but your mileage may vary.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
...clipped because I didn't care...

I don't think anyone would say they're *just* a lucky team, but surely you'd agree that they've defied the odds with some very good short variance lately. Of course good teams and ones with good psychology are in positions to cash in on that luck more than weaker ones, and that holds in any sport. But they have won several games where they've been, at some point, at least 10-1 underdogs just based on the score and clock. Whether you want to call that 'luck' is just a quibble of nomenclature. I'm a pretty big gambler so that's the term I go with :P but your mileage may vary.

admittedly we have had several late, some unlikely comebacks recently. we have come from behind 5 times inside the last 10 minutes of a game to win.

but.

you are probably looking at this thru the prism of your team chasing our team for a month now and especially you blowing a big lead late against us yourself. we are only 5-11-5 when starting the third period behind. which by the way, 5 wins in that situation is currently the league average. you are probably just comparing it to your own 2-15-3 in that situation (tied for next to fewest trailing after two period wins). and therefore you associate that with luck.

we also have led the league in winning when we score first (34 wins). and have led wire to wire and won more often.

we are only 12-11-5 when we don't score first. of course y'all are 11-15-4, so maybe you perceive coming from behind more difficult than some.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
admittedly we have had several late, some unlikely comebacks recently. we have come from behind 5 times inside the last 10 minutes of a game to win.

but.

you are probably looking at this thru the prism of your team chasing our team for a month now and especially you blowing a big lead late against us yourself. we are only 5-11-5 when starting the third period behind. which by the way, 5 wins in that situation is currently the league average. you are probably just comparing it to your own 2-15-3 in that situation (tied for next to fewest trailing after two period wins). and therefore you associate that with luck.

we also have led the league in winning when we score first (34 wins). and have led wire to wire and won more often.

we are only 12-11-5 when we don't score first. of course y'all are 11-15-4, so maybe you perceive coming from behind more difficult than some.

It had to have taken a lot of discipline to say F*** YOU that politely.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB

but.

I can see by your response, and the two people who are parsing it as "f*** off", that I wasn't able to effectively communicate my point.

I'll leave you with a clarification: I'm not basing my perception on "how hard it is to come back" on either my team or your team's performance or in fact anything but score/time win probabilities. And in four consecutive games, at some point you were a very big underdog (10:1 or so, going by the score and the time), and you won all four of them. That's all. Whatever you want to call that is whatever you want to call it.

Thanks again for beating Arizona. See you in the second round. Peace, out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad