Post-Game Talk: WIN!! - Nashville Predators (4-2-1 7 Pts) at Philadelphia Flyers (4-3-0 8 Pts)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOriginalJez

Oct 24, 2014
A box under a bridge
I think it was less our D and more just Pekka. He had a ton of great saves.

I think Pekka's been on top of it the whole month, but we allowed far too many good chances in the first few games. Now, especially with Josi back we're looking tight - that takes nothing away from Rinne tonight but it makes his job doable rather than damage limitation. How I saw it anyway :)

Reactions: Scoresberg

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
I think Pekka's been on top of it the whole month, but we allowed far too many good chances in the first few games. Now, especially with Josi back we're looking tight - that takes nothing away from Rinne tonight but it makes his job doable rather than damage limitation. How I saw it anyway :)
I'm fine with either one honestly. :)

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Fiala, Sissons, Smith looked awesome. A lot of speed on that line and they were killing the forecheck game. If Sissons can be a finisher that line could really work.

Reactions: triggrman

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham

Agreed- can't find the link but I saw somewhere that we dominated the 5 on 5 play. Their 5 power plays evened the overall play out.....

Regardless- excellent win.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Agreed- can't find the link but I saw somewhere that we dominated the 5 on 5 play. Their 5 power plays evened the overall play out.....

Regardless- excellent win.
agreed. i think we were the better team all in all. more PPs for them. pekka was great. jarnkrok's line whichever he is on immediately stinks. sissons/fiala/smith was good. fiala turns it over a little much sometimes. JOFA line was quiet for them. forsberg was a little sloppy tonight.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I thought Jarnkrok was actually fine tonight, other than missing the net on the breakaway.
yeah there is the one he roofed for sure. it's almost like he is out there to not score but also not to get scored on. led all forwards in SH TOI with 4+ minutes. no real offensive threat from his line other than him missing the net. but in all honesty, the JOFA line played the worst out of all 4 lines. forsberg had his worst game of the year.

Reactions: AdmiralsFan24

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
yeah there is the one he roofed for sure. it's almost like he is out there to not score but also not to get scored on. led all forwards in SH TOI with 4+ minutes. no real offensive threat from his line other than him missing the net. but in all honesty, the JOFA line played the worst out of all 4 lines. forsberg had his worst game of the year.

Nice that our dominant line can suck and we can still manage to get a win.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Great job, nice win, Preds!! :handclap:

I feel like Philly had some good scoring chances, but the Preds limited them to basically one and done. We really got to the rebounds and loose pucks quickly.

Pekka again was great!

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Fiala - Sissons - Smith looking promising.

Peks awesome obviously but our D was amazing again. Emelin starting to fit in.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
The highlights look like a Fiala/Sissons/Smith lovefest. Glad to see another line get rolling.

Looks like I'm on that nice work stretch where every game they play is on a work night, bah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad