Post-Game Talk: WIN!!! - Flyers @ Preds- 10/10/2017: "The You Aren't In Trouble Till You Lose At Home" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I don't think McLeod makes or breaks the lineup. It's the top-9 that aren't doing their job scoring, and obviously the defense is a borderline disaster right now which hurts both ways. If Josi isn't in, we need to play a total team defensive game and get solid goaltending on top of that just to win a 2-1 type of game. I wish we would use Arvy and Fiala more often similar to the way we often ran Kariya and Sullivan with the long stretch pass to put them behind the defense for a quick counter-strike.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
If Josi is out, especially for a few games, I could really see this team going 0-5 or 0-6.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I don't think McLeod makes or breaks the lineup. It's the top-9 that aren't doing their job scoring, and obviously the defense is a borderline disaster right now which hurts both ways.

Partly true but it's pretty much at the point where he is a liability. Last year in the playoffs he was bad and when he and Fiddler were on the ice they gave up a lot of goals timely ones too what the 4th line shouldn't too.

And because of our offense isn't the best we need some production from the bottom-6 where we could dress some good, fast players. McLeod isn't that. Gaudreau etc would be much better options.

Reactions: AdmiralsFan24

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Partly true but it's pretty much at the point where he is a liability. Last year in the playoffs he was bad and when he and Fiddler were on the ice they gave up a lot of goals timely ones too what the 4th line shouldn't too.

And because of our offense isn't the best we need some production from the bottom-6 where we could dress some good, fast players. McLeod isn't that. Gaudreau etc would be much better options.
Realistically, Bonino should have been placed on IR for another week until he could practice regularly with the team and learn the system. Kamenev or Gaudreau should had been left up in his place.

Reactions: Scoresberg

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
Simmonds parked in front of our net on their PP opportunities should be enough for a goal or two.

I can see him scoring a couple that way tonight.

Hopefully all of our guys will be ready to go. I think we'll need at least four to win.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
If we're in a position where we're analyzing the worth of McLeod's play, he's playing far too big a role for us. I don't know why such a 4th line physical presence is so polarizing. He is what he is. If he plays well and impacting games, he's playing too much. If he's playing poorly and impacting games, he's playing too much.

TheOriginalJez

Oct 24, 2014
A box under a bridge
I agree Kamenev should have been given a shot, although I don't know how much difference he'd have made against the chickens. If Girard starts up with Ekholm I hope either him or Emelin will put in a good performace regardless so that when Josi's back we have some realistic options to mess around with NOT involving Irwin (eg Josi-Ekholm / Emelin-Subban for big physical games, Josi-Girard / Ekholm-Subban for less physical and/or faster games)

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
If you'd read my post you'd know at least my opinion.
That's fine. He's in there to protect guys. I'm not saying that playing him is right or wrong but that's his purpose. I agree he brings almost zero from a skill perspective but that's not what he's there for. To me he's either a potential liability by playing or he's a potential liability by sitting and then leaving no one to protect the boys. It's easy to forget now but McLeod was acquired after a string of games where Arvidsson was taking shots consistently, then it stopped. I respect his game but there's a time and place.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I didn't mean to strike a nerve. It was an honest question.

No need to be so salty. Some of you need to get the chip off of your shoulder.

Reactions: Jonesey

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
I didn't mean to strike a nerve. It was an honest question.

No need to be so salty. Some of you need to get the chip off of your shoulder.

We aren't salty. We are replying to you in a way that is necessary, considering the tone of the question.

Reactions: Jonesey

TheOriginalJez

Oct 24, 2014
A box under a bridge
Argh, NHL.tv doing the usual by the looks of it which means I won't see anything for another hour - does anyone know what the timings are? Do I need to teleport to Tennessee in order to see the banner raising?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad