Post-Game Talk: WIN!!! - Flyers @ Preds- 10/10/2017: "The You Aren't In Trouble Till You Lose At Home" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
ive already cracked a beer at 7am for the home opener and im feeling lucky. we win tonight.

like 303 said throughout the postseason .. "you aren't in trouble till you lose at home"

*Feel free to make it fancy and what not @Jonesey

Will do - Jonesey

DuSDSp0.png

7mG6C3M.png

PUkebct.png

dCoxkGM.png

tV1sewL.png

rxYM1IV.png

1rASJNz.png

Last edited by a moderator:

TheOriginalJez

Oct 24, 2014
A box under a bridge
By the end of this season I predict that we'll all be on our respective local liver transplant lists :laugh:

This has to be the start, kick start it all at home that's why we lost the last two right - we wanted to get the season started in front of the right crowd and now we go 80-2-0. Obviously. I'm hoping to see Josi-Girard, not that I haven't been hoping to see that for the last two games. Does anyone know if Fiala's back?

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I don't care how they win but just win. The first 2 games were hard to watch. If Girard is ready, play the kid already.
i think laviolette has been waiting for him to get his debut at home so he can dictate the matchups. would have been a tough start on the road in boston or in pittsburgh against crosby/malkin.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Lucky cup? Washed.
Lucky jersey? All ready.
Got my tickets safely loaded on my mobile device? Yep.

I don't ask for much in life. FoodShelterClothingHealth, some gum money, Preds season tickets and to WIN and hear Glorious again.

Go Preds!

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Going to be an emotional start. After the banner climbs to the rafters last season is officially over though.
Didn't really expect to say this, but that's okay with me. Last season was great and we'll always remember it but we have to turn the page and move on towards finding an identity for this year.

TheOriginalJez

Oct 24, 2014
A box under a bridge
Calle's now our top line center? So glad we protected him. I give it one period before the JOFA line reunites. Hoping Josi just took the morning off. If that Emelin/Subban pairing works I'd be fine with Josi and Ekholm - it worked in pre season games quite nicely even if that's not a great gauge.

Edit: NHL.com predicting Ekholm/Girard as our top pairing, no Josi. I'm a big fan of both but given the way our defense has played the last couple of games I'm not feeling good about this :/

Reactions: Marty Party

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Let's hope that Girard shows us that he can stay up with the team for the time Ellis is gone.
I actually like Emelin - Subban as a pairing, even though Emelin hasn't been the best.
It's weird to give Bonino 3rd line duties after how he played in Pitts. I thought he was surely the best at creating chances out of our forwards.
I like Smith in the 1st line just because Forsberg didn't have anything going in the 1st 2 games on the line. Smith is still incompetent at finishing plays.

All in all, I'm not really expecting a close game. It opens up badly for the Preds or the Flyers.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
So once again a reported "maintenance" day is actually not just a maintenance day, but an injury........... Just hope it is nothing serious with Josi.

I will say this- the last year or so we have had some pretty horrible luck with injuries......

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
Having trouble scoring? Let's put our best goal scorer with two guys that COMBINED for 4 even strength first assists last season. Bold strategy

Last edited:

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
So once again a reported "maintenance" day is actually not just a maintenance day, but an injury........... Just hope it is nothing serious with Josi.

I will say this- the last year or so we have had some pretty horrible luck with injuries......
as long as it's not an UPI (concussion), i won't lose it

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com

I never bought it anyway, no need for a maintenance day during the first week of the season and two days off between games. Hopefully nothing serious if they're talking about it in those terms and also calling them a game time decision. But I knew it was injury the whole time.

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
And why is McLeod a regular now? Aberg who was a healthy scratch previously, Gaudreau, Kamenev, and even Bobby Butler and Harry Z are better options unless the other team is especially physical and/or has a face puncher, and even then Watson, Salomaki, Sissons and Hartnell are pretty physical. I don't really think there's a spot for McLeod anymore.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
And why is McLeod a regular now? Aberg who was a healthy scratch previously, Gaudreau, Kamenev, and even Bobby Butler and Harry Z are better options unless the other team is especially physical and/or has a face puncher, and even then Watson, Salomaki, Sissons and Hartnell are pretty physical. I don't really think there's a spot for McLeod anymore.
Philly has some physical players. Probably a decent idea to have CM in tonight.

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
Not really, not anymore. Simmonds and Gudas are pretty physical, but they're not going to engage with a scrub like McLeod. I guess Weiss is sort of physical too, but that's about it. Nothing Watson/Hartnell/Salomaki and Sissons if he plays, can't handle.

Reactions: Scoresberg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad