• Clean

• Dirty

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SpringfieldSkins

Jan 28, 2010
Springfield, VA
We paid them to do this to throw you guys off your gameplan so we win the 1st period getting 5 goals. After that it's up to Murray and the D to not suck.

Good luck. :sarcasm:

Seriously though. If it takes much longer then this thread is going to turn from Pens fans complaining about the hit to Caps fans complaining about the lateness of the suspension. How mind-bendingly difficult can it be?

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Our?

Who are "you" representing here with your 300+ posts in this thread alone?

I used "our" to describe people who agree with my viewpoint on this topic. It is not like I am the only person on earth who sees it as a questionable choice.

And what I post, how much and on what topic is not your business.

Last edited:

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014
I think this could backfire on us big time. Wilson could get a note for a few games, Ashton Reece who doesn't look a hockey player at all won't play and will be replaced by Sprong, who is likely to come in and have a big impact. I'm not happy!

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
I'd love for you to give me a good reason other than the above when he doesn't get suspended?

I'm not a wrastlin fan, but I do think Vince McMahon is a pretty good businessman (the real person, not the character) and one thing he's said that I've always found true and certainly thinks the NHL believes is "The world needs a hero, and a villain".

Tom Wilson is currently that villain that people will tune in to see. People will watch to see the "revenge", but will leave disappointed when there isn't any. Its never been Pittsburgh's style to extract revenge other than eliminating teams from the playoffs. It was true for Adam Graves and the Rags and it will be true for this years version of the Caps. Meaning, we won't try to extract physical revenge, I think the Caps win the series. In so much so I believe Penguins fans should be much more upset at the play of the team than the hit by Wilson.

That isn't to excuse Wilson. He's a dirty player and a predator who's value is helping a borderline contender get over the hump by winning the war of attrition.

If you, as a fan, have made a decision that you are ok winning that way then I certainly can't talk you out of it. I'll just continue to hope against hope that karma is real because this goes beyond winning a hockey game, we now have a human being that needed surgery to repair a jaw and a brain injury that may haunt him the rest of his life. ZAR is a good kid and didn't deserve this (save the "it's hockey, keep your head up kid!" nonsense) but will have to deal with this because, well, Tom Wilson.

If you want to root for that, then so be it.

Edit to add, Tom Wilson also thought it was funny. Go ahead and root for that if you want.

He wasn’t laughing at the injury itself but more to the chirping from the Pens bench. Beat reporters confirmed this.

I don’t think Wilson is a dirty player. He plays on the edge of what’s legal and has a lot of pride in being big fast and physical. He doesn’t do dirty slashes, or hit low ect. Again he has kind of a big ego out there and challenges others to play a big boy brand of hockey. He was a project when drafted. A player with physical skills that are extremely rare in the nhl. People always label him a bust too and I’m sure he has a massive chip on his shoulder.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Does anyone know who typically sits in on meetings or phone hearings from all sides?

Obviously someone from DOPS and player, but who else.

Also is an NHLPA rep involved — and if so, what side?

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
When is this ***** Wilson gonna actually drop the gloves with someone? Or is he a faux tough guy like Matt Cooke was? ****ing sissy

Cooke at least would drop the gloves and fight after the stupid shit he'd do. More then one can say for Wilson.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I'd be pretty surprised if that comment was meant to be a shot a Princeton rather than Parros' career as a goon. But let's imagine it was, how is that relevant to the current situation or Parros' performance at DoPS?

What?

" Princeton is a clown college" doesn't reference El mustachio, so yeah it probably. Was a dig at the ivy. League school.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Does anyone know who typically sits in on meetings or phone hearings from all sides?

Obviously someone from DOPS and player, but who else.

Also is an NHLPA rep involved — and if so, what side?

Nhlpa only cares about the players that do the illegal hits.

Maliks PlusMinus

May 28, 2015
Glasgow, Scotland
I dislike the Caps. I dislike Wilson. I really don't want them to win a cup. I think his hit was high, but man would I like to have him play for my team. He's a good player who plays very physically. This crap about him laughing, well, people will read into that whatever they want. Pens were (unsurprisingly) abusing him. Maybe he was laughing at insults, trying to show a lack of fear, coping with the incident in his way and also, you know, he made a big hit and hurt his opponent, he doesn't really need to be devastated about it.

When is this ***** Wilson gonna actually drop the gloves with someone? Or is he a faux tough guy like Matt Cooke was? ****ing sissy

Well, he has fought multiple times.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I think this could backfire on us big time. Wilson could get a note for a few games, Ashton Reece who doesn't look a hockey player at all won't play and will be replaced by Sprong, who is likely to come in and have a big impact. I'm not happy!

I wouldn't hold your breath on that. More than likely Rowney or Jooris will play.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
He wasn’t laughing at the injury itself but more to the chirping from the Pens bench. Beat reporters confirmed this.

I don’t think Wilson is a dirty player. He plays on the edge of what’s legal and has a lot of pride in being big fast and physical. He doesn’t do dirty slashes, or hit low ect. Again he has kind of a big ego out there and challenges others to play a big boy brand of hockey. He was a project when drafted. A player with physical skills that are extremely rare in the nhl. People always label him a bust too and I’m sure he has a massive chip on his shoulder.
Quite aside from the ruling, everyone should agree on this. He was obviously laughing at Pens players having a go at him. Anyone who argues otherwise is letting emotions get better of them.

I think he’s kind of a POS player but I doubt he’s a psychopath or stupid enough to laugh at a player being hurt after a borderline hit. That’s a ticket to being bounced out of League and fast.

Koized

Oct 8, 2005
Cooke at least would drop the gloves and fight after the stupid **** he'd do. More then one can say for Wilson.

Why make up lies? Lol Cooke had like 3 fights in his career. Wilson is at the top of the league in fights each year.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017

mrv52

Jan 22, 2004
I don't get stuff like this.

Why should people get sued for players getting injured? Its a consequence of the said job.

Its a privilege to play, not a right. No one is holding these athletes to play. If they're scared of the risks, why even take it on and then try to sue for something you signed up for.

Lawyers.

Whats more, is all the players with insurance policys on themselves.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Does anyone know what goes on in NHL DoPS hearings?

Like first, what's the orientation of this meeting, is it a discussion, is a lecture where findings are presented and the sentence handed down, is it a forum where both sides present there case?

Then what type of representation are the players themselves afforded? Is an NHLPA rep present? An advocate for the player? A team rep? Is it just the DoPS guys and the player?

Lastly, what is the thought process in the difference between in person hearings and phone call ones? What is the NHL's entire thought process behind this type of stuff, other leagues just hand out sentences.

The whole DoPS hearing stuff is fascinating since we hear so much about them but there doesn't seem to be a lot on what happens. Seems like a shitty thing to fly a guy out to Toronto, yell at him, suspend him, fly him back home.

Reactions: GoCaps2004

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
" Princeton is a clown college" doesn't reference El mustachio, so yeah it probably. Was a dig at the ivy. League school.

Post #1: "Parros will make a decision once the nurses are done feeding him."

If that's a joke about Princeton, that's a hell of a roundabout way to get there.

Post #2: "those arent nurses, they are work study undergrads from princeton."

That was your post, you quoted post #1.

Post #3: "Princeton is a clown college."

Posts #1 and #2 are @Jacob. Post #2 is @sandysan, that's you. Post #2 quotes post #1 and includes the first mention of Princeton.

To reiterate, I would be very surprised if post #1 was referencing Princeton rather than Parros' career as a goon. Post #3 is either a joke at your expense or a dumb opinion unrelated to the current situation and/or Parros' performance at DoPS.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Good luck. :sarcasm:

Seriously though. If it takes much longer then this thread is going to turn from Pens fans complaining about the hit to Caps fans complaining about the lateness of the suspension. How mind-bendingly difficult can it be?

Teams no longer have roster limits, so I doubt it effects your teams future plans. They already know what they'll do right now in either case.

BigEezyE22

Continuing to not support HF.
Feb 2, 2007
Jersey
I don't get stuff like this.

Why should people get sued for players getting injured? Its a consequence of the said job.

Its a privilege to play, not a right. No one is holding these athletes to play. If they're scared of the risks, why even take it on and then try to sue for something you signed up for.

I guess it would depend on whether or not teams' staffs intentionally misrepresented the risks. Kind of like the tobacco settlements. Lie about potential hazards and it becomes something other than just making big boy decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad