Was the hit clean or dirty?

• Clean

• Dirty

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
This friggin guy Tom Wilson has been involved in more crap than anyone since Cooke or Torres and yet he always gets the benefit of the doubt. I just don't get it. I understand about Marchand, he's an All Star. What pictures does Tom Wilson have and of whom?

That he did this in a game immediately following a game where he was accused of dangerous hitting just makes it that much more galling.

Leaf fans who are angry are justified. If his name was Parm Wilson would they have given him three games?

Maybe he gets away with it because while he plays on the edge he’s not actually breaking the rules? At least according to the people qualified to make these decisions and not the homers around here.

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
nobody is beyond reproach, but if you want to argue that a guy with a princeton degree is a drooling idiot who can't feed himself, you are free to persue this line if you so choose.

I'd be pretty surprised if that comment was meant to be a shot a Princeton rather than Parros' career as a goon. But let's imagine it was, how is that relevant to the current situation or Parros' performance at DoPS?

smh

No, Parros is just a talentless goon

What?

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa

Lets put this in context too... the first lawsuit settlement was thrown out because it wasn't high enough in the judges eyes to compensate players not yet showing symptoms plus the nfl had already severely cut back on head hits, and afterwards trimmed back more...

The nhl shrugged and sometimes suspends tge worse of the worse hits... 90% of the hits that the nfl fines and suspends guys for are ok in the nhl... plus you have to throw borderline hits for half a decade before you even get on the radar... yeah the NHL is going to get severely pounded by that... and tgey didn't squirrel away money like tge nfl owners did in preparation either

Tge NFL is run by lawyers and owners that are businessmen... the NHL is run by Bettman and a bunch of former 4th liners acting as executives and gms

Whale Mingo

Nov 18, 2012
So if he doesn’t get suspended I’ve got dibs on “the nhl needs him in the lineup for ratings and drama” liner.
I'd love for you to give me a good reason other than the above when he doesn't get suspended?

I'm not a wrastlin fan, but I do think Vince McMahon is a pretty good businessman (the real person, not the character) and one thing he's said that I've always found true and certainly thinks the NHL believes is "The world needs a hero, and a villain".

Tom Wilson is currently that villain that people will tune in to see. People will watch to see the "revenge", but will leave disappointed when there isn't any. Its never been Pittsburgh's style to extract revenge other than eliminating teams from the playoffs. It was true for Adam Graves and the Rags and it will be true for this years version of the Caps. Meaning, we won't try to extract physical revenge, I think the Caps win the series. In so much so I believe Penguins fans should be much more upset at the play of the team than the hit by Wilson.

That isn't to excuse Wilson. He's a dirty player and a predator who's value is helping a borderline contender get over the hump by winning the war of attrition.

If you, as a fan, have made a decision that you are ok winning that way then I certainly can't talk you out of it. I'll just continue to hope against hope that karma is real because this goes beyond winning a hockey game, we now have a human being that needed surgery to repair a jaw and a brain injury that may haunt him the rest of his life. ZAR is a good kid and didn't deserve this (save the "it's hockey, keep your head up kid!" nonsense) but will have to deal with this because, well, Tom Wilson.

If you want to root for that, then so be it.

Edit to add, Tom Wilson also thought it was funny. Go ahead and root for that if you want.

Reactions: Bumpus and Lesky

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
You protect the players, that's what you should do if you were DoPS
I get it. I’m not defending Wilson - as I said I don’t like the guy — I’m just saying I don’t know if it was a suspendable hit or not. I think anyone can argue both sides.

I think it’s fair for me to give an honest opinion on that.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
So the title says on Page 65 Wilson only got a warning but when I go to Page 65 it doesn't say anything about that.

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
I'd love for you to give me a good reason other than the above when he doesn't get suspended?

I'm not a wrastlin fan, but I do think Vince McMahon is a pretty good businessman (the real person, not the character) and one thing he's said that I've always found true and certainly thinks the NHL believes is "The world needs a hero, and a villain".

Tom Wilson is currently that villain that people will tune in to see. People will watch to see the "revenge", but will leave disappointed when there isn't any. Its never been Pittsburgh's style to extract revenge other than eliminating teams from the playoffs. It was true for Adam Graves and the Rags and it will be true for this years version of the Caps. Meaning, we won't try to extract physical revenge, I think the Caps win the series. In so much so I believe Penguins fans should be much more upset at the play of the team than the hit by Wilson.

That isn't to excuse Wilson. He's a dirty player and a predator who's value is helping a borderline contender get over the hump by winning the war of attrition.

If you, as a fan, have made a decision that you are ok winning that way then I certainly can't talk you out of it. I'll just continue to hope against hope that karma is real because this goes beyond winning a hockey game, we now have a human being that needed surgery to repair a jaw and a brain injury that may haunt him the rest of his life. ZAR is a good kid and didn't deserve this (save the "it's hockey, keep your head up kid!" nonsense) but will have to deal with this because, well, Tom Wilson.

If you want to root for that, then so be it.

Edit to add, Tom Wilson also thought it was funny. Go ahead and root for that if you want.
So if this is true then does that make Sidney Crosby Roman Reigns?

SpringfieldSkins

Jan 28, 2010
Springfield, VA
What’s taking so long. If they’re going to suspend him they need to do it now. The Caps have a game that they need to plan for and believe it or not, whether Wilson is playing or not is integral to that.

Reactions: calicapsfan

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
You protect the players, that's what you should do if you were DoPS

They need to protect themselves too as has been pointed out many times in these safety videos. Grown mans game out there this time of year and ZAR def saw him coming. Earlier in the series ZAR took a run at Wilson and now he’s drinking through a straw unfortunately. I don’t think Wilson meant for this exact outcome but some guys out there engage Wilson.

goodgrimes

Apr 15, 2012
Canucks fan with no bias to either player or team:

-Principle point of contact is the head, obviously. The guy's jaw is broken.
-Wilson is 4 inches taller than Aston-Reese, which makes it a bit harder for him to deliver a shoulder-to-shoulder or shoulder-to-body check.
-I'm inclined to believe Wilson jumps into the check, slightly. His skates left the ice while Aston-Reese's stayed planted. If you want to make the argument that collision itself is what caused his skates to leave the ice, I'd suggest you look closer at the footage. Before momentum has been exchanged, Wilson has one skate off the ice completely, and the other on the toe of the blade.
-Aston-Reese changes position slightly and put himself in a less dangerous position. If his head had not come up, the hit may have been worse. It looks like he tried to adjust himself and absorb the check, but the height differential and his aggressive skating stance made it difficult.

I don't think Aston-Reese did anything wrong on the play. He had the puck and played it, and made an effort to absorb the check. Wilson decided to deliver the check and follow through on it, and it resulted in a pretty significant injury. If we want to say that it was just an unfortunate play, I can accept it to an extent, but I more strongly believe Wilson should be held accountable. At the end of the day, he made the check, and the check turned out to not be safe. I think suspending him for a game is reasonable.

Reactions: Tom Hanks and Lesky

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
What’s taking so long. If they’re going to suspend him they need to do it now. The Caps have a game that they need to plan for and believe it or not, whether Wilson is playing or not is integral to that.
We paid them to do this to throw you guys off your gameplan so we win the 1st period getting 5 goals. After that it's up to Murray and the D to not suck.

Reactions: Bumpus

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
We paid them to do this to throw you guys off your gameplan so we win the 1st period getting 5 goals. After that it's up to Murray and the D to not suck.
I would be nervous i was a Pens fan. Murray looks as leaky as faucet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1