• Clean

• Dirty

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
i am not confusing them at all.
if you let a person who suffered at the hands of others decide the punishment for new individuals charged with similar offenses, you get what you think you will. and whatever that is, its certainly not fair.

And if you have someone who's job it was to 'enforce' justice outside of the justice system what will you get?

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
The nerve of the nhl and dops to not grant people instant gratification lol to justify their team playing like crap.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
you are 100% right. so much better to settle beefs at the end of a stick. its just so much more efficient to fell an opponent with one sear to the throat then have to go through the whole rigomarole of squaring up, seeking consent, dropping the gloves, grabbing a hand full of jesey. I mean really, I'm busy, who has time for all of that ?

and the ACTUAL GAME OF HOCKEY at the NHL level has never EVER existed without shennanigans so im not sure what actual means in this context
I believe the “shennanigans” are what held hockey back as a fringe sport. Most people didn’t get why a sport, who’s purpose is to put the puck in the net more times than your opponent, was constantly sidetracked with attacks and assaults with sticks and fists or why there were more boxing matches per game than actual gameplay.

Screw the “gamesmanship” argument for this. I’m tired of seeing nearly every whistle involved crosschecks to the face, headlock takedowns, vicious slashes, spears, sucker punches, etc. That shit isn’t what the modern game of hockey should be, it’s WWE on ice. Hell might as well start having guys pull chairs out of the penalty boxes and start breaking them over each other’s backs...

mrv52

Jan 22, 2004
2500 posts by the end of this page and no one has changed their mind. What is the definition of insanity again?

A lesson in futility.
Somehow, some seem to now think Princeton is a bad school. I would think most that did think that did not know anything about Princeton at this time yesterday

Reactions: haveandare

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I believe the “shennanigans” are what held hockey back as a fringe sport. Most people didn’t get why a sport, who’s purpose is to put the puck in the net more times than your opponent, was constantly sidetracked with attacks and assaults with sticks and fists or why there were more boxing matches per game than actual gameplay.

Screw the “gamesmanship” argument for this. I’m tired of seeing nearly every whistle involved crosschecks to the face, headlock takedowns, vicious slashes, spears, sucker punches, etc. That **** isn’t what the modern game of hockey should be, it’s WWE on ice. Hell might as well start having guys pull chairs out of the penalty boxes and start breaking them over each other’s backs...
league has fights, league grows. NHL with no fights, never existed.

beleive what you want but you might want to look at what happens to PAYING FANS, the ones who keep the league afloat, what they do when a fight breaks out? That a guy who cant tell a wrist watch from a wrist shot doesnt like fights and wouldnt watch the game if there were no fights (all thay icky checking) is no skin of the leagues back.

oh and at the risk of releaing a spoiler, WWE is scripted. hockey is not.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
And therin lies the problem. Too many people in high places, yearning for the “good old days” of hockey where guys got their melons smashed on a nightly basis and everyone loved it.

I would hope that we’ve moved beyond what could be compared to gladiator matches back in the day and into a new era where the ACTUAL GAME OF HOCKEY is the focus, not taking uneccessary runs and engaging in the post whistle **** show stuff.

I was replying to a person who was lamenting the lack of players self-policing and how during the days of Tiger Williams somebody would have 'taken care' of Wilson. That's obviously ridiculous because in those days the only response this hit would get would be 'That's a tremendous hit'.

There is also some twisted irony in trying to solve the problem of players giving other players brain trauma by having them punch each other in the head. How does that work?

Reactions: Bumpus

harmonica

Apr 21, 2007
2500 posts by the end of this page and no one has changed their mind. What is the definition of insanity again?

A lesson in futility.

The definition of insanity is not a constantly repeated cliche quote wrongly attributed to Einstein, Twain or Franklin, if that's what you were attempting to get at.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Standards for justice are proportional to the sentences they can impose. Civil cases do not require a beyond a reasonable doubt standard. They also can't imprison you.

That you can't discern the difference between a criminal court and the DOPS is telling.

Opposite actually. Beyond a reasonable doubt is criminal. Civil is 51 percent. Perponderance of the evidence.

And neither is the standard for the DOPS. They use a dart board.

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
So if he doesn’t get suspended I’ve got dibs on “the nhl needs him in the lineup for ratings and drama” liner.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I must have missed Princeton entering the convo.
people claim george parros is a mouthbreather goon who is unfit to lead dops. I mentioned although he has a lot of PIM's in 8 years but no suspensions and no fines. and far from being a mouthbreather, he is a well spoken rational man with an economics degree from princeton university ( not some online diploma mill that sounds like princeton). The response to that was, and I want to make sure I get this right that " princeton is a clown college"

I think this should pretty much bring you up to speed.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
with all Wilson threads in the past 3-4 days, we have more or less 170 pages.
It seems like, there is nothing more on the nhl planet than Tom Wilson.

Last edited:

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I despise Wilson but I’m with Jones and Milbury. I don’t know.

Only issue might be his back skate lifting but I’m not a physics major. I’m also not sure how bigger player doesn’t catch head on that kind of play.

I’m not belittling the injury... which is obviously significant. However if you take that hit out of game I expect we’ll see much less hitting in general or guys submarining hits.

I don’t know what I’d do if I was DOPS — and that’s an honest opinion.

end

Mar 18, 2007
Arklay Mansion
This friggin guy Tom Wilson has been involved in more crap than anyone since Cooke or Torres and yet he always gets the benefit of the doubt. I just don't get it. I understand about Marchand, he's an All Star. What pictures does Tom Wilson have and of whom?

That he did this in a game immediately following a game where he was accused of dangerous hitting just makes it that much more galling.

Leaf fans who are angry are justified. If his name was Parm Wilson would they have given him three games?

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
When is this p***y Wilson gonna actually drop the gloves with someone? Or is he a faux tough guy like Matt Cooke was? f***ing sissy

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
The definition of insanity is not a constantly repeated cliche quote wrongly attributed to Einstein, Twain or Franklin, if that's what you were attempting to get at.

That is interesting. I thought that was Oxford's definition. I must have missed that in school. Sorry to have upset your delicate sensibilities.

Pengwins

Jun 13, 2017
This friggin guy Tom Wilson has been involved in more crap than anyone since Cooke or Torres and yet he always gets the benefit of the doubt. I just don't get it. I understand about Marchand, he's an All Star. What pictures does Tom Wilson have and of whom?
He's Ovechkin's friend. Everyone pities OV, the lovable loser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad