• Gaudreau

Votes: 163 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Gaudreau is great, but Nylander can and will conceivably match his career high in points at 21, the same age that Gaudreau broke in to the league. Nylander is also a natural centre and Babcock straight up said he will be a centre in the future. He's a better possession player, I like his tools better (mainly his far better shot) and he's not relegated only to a cerebral game (as he has been shown to grind down low with Matthews). Marner too has a higher ceiling, but that's for another thread.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Yeah just like how Kessel would be scoring 50+ goals playing with Malkin and Sid right?

Whole lot of pathetic excuses being made for Gaudreau.

Excuses for what? Gaudreau has absolutely dominated Nylander career wise so far while not having anyone remotely as good as Matthews to elevate him.

And Kessel doesn't play with Sid or Malkin, that's why they keep winning cups and Leafs keep bowing out stacking all their good players together.

Reactions: flamesforcup

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Excuses for what? Gaudreau has absolutely dominated Nylander career wise so far while not having anyone remotely as good as Matthews to elevate him.

And Kessel doesn't play with Sid or Malkin, that's why they keep winning cups and Leafs keep bowing out stacking all their good players together.

"Dominated career wise" yet at the same age, Nylander was scoring 60 points as a rookie and Gaudreau hadn't even made the NHL. Next joke please. Can't wait how the main boards react when Willy beats JG's career high this season.

Reactions: 1specter

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto

So far. One is in his sophomore season and it’d be an indictment for Gaudreau if this wasn’t the case... Don’t discount the age or experience gap.

Nylander more than pulls his weight on that line. Him and Matthews elevate each other, that’s what great players do.

And Kessel actually does play with Malkin..

Some fact checking on your part might be useful.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
"Dominated career wise" yet at the same age, Nylander was scoring 60 points as a rookie and Gaudreau hadn't even made the NHL. Next joke please. Can't wait how the main boards react when Willy beats JG's career high this season.
oh yes please, tell me how its such a definite that nylander will get 78 points this year, tell me more. same number of points last year in 10 more games, less points this year and on a much higher power offensive team, these factors all screams to me nylander is better rn....

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016

Lol MSL wasn't even a blip on the radar at this age and he turned out a greater player than either of them will likely ever be.

How about wait until Nylander actually does something more than score 60 points which is basically the benchmark for any worthwhile young forward? So far it looks like JG is gonna outscore him with half the supporting cast if that.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Gaudreau is great, but Nylander can and will conceivably match his career high in points at 21, the same age that Gaudreau broke in to the league. Nylander is also a natural centre and Babcock straight up said he will be a centre in the future. He's a better possession player, I like his tools better (mainly his far better shot) and he's not relegated only to a cerebral game (as he has been shown to grind down low with Matthews). Marner too has a higher ceiling, but that's for another thread.

I generally agree with you on your analysis of their games, but the first part shouldn't hold much weight, if any. You make it sound as if Gaudreau is already well into his prime. Nylander could hit Gaudreau's career high at the same age Gaudreau entered the league, sure, but you ignore that Gaudreau hit that literally the following season, and is only a season removed from it. Is there really a significant difference between doing it at 21 and in your 2nd season (plus 1/4 of a season) or doing it at 22 and in your 2nd season? It's also far from a guarantee he hits it, as that's basically a guaranteed top 10 scorer these days (Gaudreau was tied for 6th), and it's also possible Gaudreau could top his number this year as well.

Last edited:

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016
Of course. How did I not see this coming? Rare to find an Oilers fan that hates the Leafs more than the Flames. Oh and to the rest of you saying Gaudreau here, I'm still waiting for someone to shoot down post 37.
Its not about hate, its about being real as a neutral fan. Otherwise I'd be against Gaudreau because I absolutely hate the Flames.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Of course. How did I not see this coming? Rare to find an Oilers fan that hates the Leafs more than the Flames. Oh and to the rest of you saying Gaudreau here, I'm still waiting for someone to shoot down post 37.

There's nothing to shoot down. You cherry picked categories that aren't necessarily true indications of anything (like p/60 doesn't scale), especially considering line mates.

Once Nylander tops the level we saw from Gaudreau during the end of his rookie season, we can have this conversation. Even then he's got a 78 point season that he's apparently guaranteed to top.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I'm going to laugh my ass off when Nylander leaves these comparisons in the dust by the end of the season.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
:lol:Lol the polls have been taken over by Leaf fans.

Gaudreau, AINEC...

The entire poll section has lost all credibility due to the Leafs fans. I used to actually respect the opinion of the HF community poll section, now it's so incredibly biased, there is no credibility whatsoever. Matt Martin vs Connor McDavid would probably be about 50/50 here.

SB84

Jul 22, 2015
Calgary, AB
Nylander so far this year but it's tough because Nylander doesn't carry his line whereas Gaudreau does. How would Gaudreau fair playing with Matthews and Nylander with Mony? Both are terrific players, I would probably take Willy by a hair moving forward based on his potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad