Votes: 163 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
I'd rather just keep Nylander than have Gaudreau personally. Not to suggest Johnny isn't a major talent himself.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Willy is easily better than Frédérick Gaudreau. I'd like to throw a shoutout to OP for putting saying Willy. So I couldn't say Alex is better than Frédérick.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
What is so easy about picking Gaudreau exactly? Nylander has better tools to work with and has become an elite level player earlier than Gaudreau did in his career. He's the second best player on a Stanley cup contender and he's only 21.

Nylander has yet to surpass the level of play we saw from Gaudreau as a 21 year old rookie. He's able to produce more offense with significantly less support. That's what makes it easy.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Gaudreau very easily. Just like it was Gaudreau over Marner.

Yeah I doubt that. Nylander has him beat in nearly every skill except stickhandling and playmaking where he is dangerously close, and on top of that is bigger, faster and much stronger. Better defensively too.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Yeah I doubt that. Nylander has him beat in nearly every skill except stickhandling and playmaking where he is dangerously close, and on top of that is bigger, faster and much stronger. Better defensively too.

Then why is he unable to out produce him? Should be easy considering he plays with Auston Matthews.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Willy is way bigger, stronger, faster, better shot and more skilled.

But yeah, nice response.

If there’s one thing that Gaudreau won’t be beat at it’s skill.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Nylander has yet to surpass the level of play we saw from Gaudreau as a 21 year old rookie. He's able to produce more offense with significantly less support. That's what makes it easy.
I beg your pardon? I would easily take Nylander from January to now over rookie Gaudreau. He's a possession monster who's been producing at an elite clip, has just as elite as an offensive toolkit as Gaudreau maybe even better, and is a zone entry machine. He's succeeding purely off of his own merit, not just riding Matthews coat tails.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Then why is he unable to out produce him? Should be easy considering he plays with Auston Matthews.

Last season Nylander was basically a rookie and had the same amount of points in only 10 more games. This season Gaudreau has 1 more point after 8 games. Nylander is better defensively already, and three years younger, is much bigger and has a far better shot. I fully believe he's already a bit better than Gaudreau right now.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
If there’s one thing that Gaudreau won’t be beat at it’s skill.

Nylander is one of the most effortless puck carriers in the league and his puck protection along the boards is elite. He has great hockey IQ and patience, and his wrist shot reminds me of Stamkos though obviously not as good. I would bet money on him becoming the better player if he isn't already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad