Votes: 150 47.9%
  • Gaudreau

Votes: 163 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Thank you very much for this mature, well thought response. Close call but I'll stick with Willy. 3 years younger and has been an elite player since the calendar flipped to 2017 .

Agreed with the bottom part but Gaudreau is still better

Willy is way bigger, stronger, faster, better shot and more skilled.

But yeah, nice response.

Willy is 2 Inches taller, he's also not faster and has allot less skill(This is kindof common sense due to the fact Jonny has never had less PPG than Nylander with his supposed "deficiencies"). A nice response beats a ignorant one every time.

Says the guy who thinks "Laine > Matthews AINEC". Forgive us if we don't put any stock into your awful evaluations.

When did I say this? Thanks, but I didn't(also there are about 20 other Laine/Matthews thread so if your willing to debate who's better I'll head right there now, even though it's like a year to early to tell). That is what you call a pre-distinguished assumption based apon the fact I always get in arguments with you because you think every Leaf player is better than they're comparison player from other teams(I can actually find proof of this if I just scroll through your comments, because they're pretty much all the same). If there is any awful evaluation it's within your comment.
Next...

No kidding.

He is nothing more than a Toronto hater. His posts are full of it.

I do not hate Toronto, I dislike the fact that they are overrated and many fans will pretend a player of they'res is better because the other player is significantly better(Ie. Nylander > Panarin, Seguin, Gaudreau, etc).
My posts are not full of anything other than truth, sorry if it hurts your feelings.

Lol.

Nylander easily. Not that he's easily better now but he likely will be.

Umm... who has more Points, who has more PPG, has Nylander ever had more PPG than Gaudreau and has Gaudreau ever had a Franchise Center to boost his stats? And how can you confirm Nylander will be better?:shakehead

Looks like I just got jumped by the bias bunch...:tmi:

Reactions: MVPGoon

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Last season Nylander was basically a rookie and had the same amount of points in only 10 more games. This season Gaudreau has 1 more point after 8 games. Nylander is better defensively already, and three years younger, is much bigger and has a far better shot. I fully believe he's already a bit better than Gaudreau right now.

Gaudreau has 2 more points (not 1) this year in 1 less game. The same sort of production gap like we saw last year.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Then why is he unable to out produce him? Should be easy considering he plays with Auston Matthews.

On the flipside he plays with Zach Hyman. I think they will be close in points this season, and I doubt Gaudreau's production would be much different if he was in Nylanders place.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
On the flipside he plays with Zach Hyman. I think they will be close in points this season, and I doubt Gaudreau's production would be much different if he was in Nylanders place.

You should watch Gaudreau play more. He'd be a 90+ point player with a guy like Matthews.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Gaudreau has 2 more points (not 1) this year in 1 less game. The same sort of production gap like we saw last year.

They each have 8 games played now. It is 2 points though you're right. I would bet if both are healthy this season they finish in the 70s, probably very close to each other. Nylander appears to be a better all around player to me though.

GongShowWilly

time to pay the Piper
Jan 25, 2016
Alberta
quote : Then why is he unable to out produce him? Should be easy considering he plays with Auston Matthews.

he tied him in points production last year .... and a lot younger

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Nylander is 3 years younger and since his entry into the league full time last year, has put up after adjustment, in all situations:

1. Better CF% Rel
2. Identical P/60 and P1/60 despite starting in the offensive zone a good deal less than Gaudreau. (ZSR about 9 lower)
3. Better GF% and XGF%
4. Slightly better GS/60 against pretty much identical competition.
5. A whopping 2 points less than Gaudreau total despite playing on the Leafs shutdown line for a significant portion of last season, as well as 43 minutes less ice time total than Gaudreau (about 2-3 games worth).
6. A significantly higher ICF/60 as well as ixGF/60 meaning he shoots more and is likely to score more goals.

On top of this, your narrative of his numbers being boosted by having Matthews is partly mitigated due to his significant time spent playing the shutdown role for us last year with Kadri and Komarov, as well as his slightly lower CF% QOT. Not only is Nylander arguably better now, his numbers since joining the league full time are on par/better than Gaudreau's over the same time period despite being a rookie last year and being three years younger. It's hard to see anything that points to Gaudreau having a better outlook either short or long term.

source:

http://corsica.hockey/skater-stats/

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Points, PPG and the fact Jonny isn't as reliable on the PP as compared to 5v5.
I wasn't aware points on the pp count less than points at even strength. I guess we should penalize Nylander for being so good on the pp. Eichel gets a ton of his points on the pp too, but he doesn't get nearly as much flack over it as Nylander does. if you read post 37, it is explained that Nylander scores at an identical rate to Gaudreau since his full time entrance into the league and has a whopping 2 less total points with 40 minutes less ice time. These numbers are made more impressive in Nylander's favour when you consider the three year age gap and the fact that we're comparing Nylander's rookie and sophomore seasons to Gaudreau's third and fourth years in the league.

Reactions: 29GoalHoglund

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
I wasn't aware points on the pp count less than points at even strength. I guess we should penalize Nylander for being so good on the pp. Eichel gets a ton of his points on the pp too, but he doesn't get nearly as much flack over it as Nylander does. if you read post 37, it is explained that Nylander scores at an identical rate to Gaudreau since his full time entrance into the league and has a whopping 2 less total points with 40 minutes less ice time. These numbers are made more impressive in Nylander's favour when you consider the three year age gap and the fact that we're comparing Nylander's rookie and sophomore seasons to Gaudreau's third and fourth years in the league.

I count Powerplay points but I'm just saying he wasn't very reliable 5v5. Thus far this year yes he seems great 5v5, but thus far is a little to soon to be counting.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Nylander is 3 years younger and since his entry into the league full time last year, has put up after adjustment, in all situations:

1. Better CF% Rel
2. Identical P/60 and P1/60 despite starting in the offensive zone a good deal less than Gaudreau. (ZSR about 9 lower)
3. Better GF% and XGF%
4. Slightly better GS/60 against pretty much identical competition.
5. A whopping 2 points less than Gaudreau total despite playing on the Leafs shutdown line for a significant portion of last season, as well as 43 minutes less ice time total than Gaudreau (about 2-3 games worth).
6. A significantly higher ICF/60 as well as ixGF/60 meaning he shoots more and is likely to score more goals.

On top of this, your narrative of his numbers being boosted by having Matthews is partly mitigated due to his significant time spent playing the shutdown role for us last year with Kadri and Komarov, as well as his slightly lower CF% QOT. Not only is Nylander arguably better now, his numbers since joining the league full time are on par/better than Gaudreau's over the same time period despite being a rookie last year and being three years younger. It's hard to see anything that points to Gaudreau having a better outlook either short or long term.

source:

http://corsica.hockey/skater-stats/

Oh yeah? Well, Mitch Marner.

Get out of here with your facts.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
I count Powerplay points but I'm just saying he wasn't very reliable 5v5. Thus far this year yes he seems great 5v5, but thus far is a little to soon to be counting.
Well this isn't exactly true. Last year, teams shot an average of 9%. While Nylander was on the ice at even strength, the Leafs shot just 6.9%. Regardless of this, he still put up 35 ES points which is fantastic for any rookie. Had the team shot at league average while he was on the ice at ES, his point totals there look much better. While Nylander no doubt looks better to start this year, he's also getting better puck luck at even strength.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Gaudreau easily. He is better and has more points. Nylander cant even play centre. So how is this close?

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Wishful thinking at it's finest. What makes them not a contender? Is it their 54% Corsi? Perhaps it's their roughly 55 GF%? Oh oh I know it's their 55 xGF%? Still not convinced? Look at their 6-2 Record with sub .900 goaltending.

Careful.

All of a sudden, all these numbers are going to have no meaning because the Leafs are a good possession team.

When the team was a poor possession team that had a top line that could do damage off the rush, corsi was the be-all, end-all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad