Willingness to trade ROR

Acceptable packages for ROR

• Total voters

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
I voted for 2nd or 3rd OA because that would be a massive overpayment, even as a 1-for-1 trade. Especially the 2nd overall pick. There's no way that pick gets traded, let alone for ROR.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
To be honest, I'd rather sign Riley Nash AND keep ROR. Eichel-ROR-Nash-Larsson is a group of centers that a true winner can be built around.
If Botterill is electing to go for the 'no major shake-up' option, then signing a solid 3C UFA is the most logical choice. Mittelstadt really needs to be in the top-6 on wing, we just don't have any depth there to stuff him low.

Problem is, it seems like every team wants a good 3C, every year.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
If Botterill elects to go the no major shake up route he should be fired. And will be soon enough.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
If Botterill is electing to go for the 'no major shake-up' option, then signing a solid 3C UFA is the most logical choice. Mittelstadt really needs to be in the top-6 on wing, we just don't have any depth there to stuff him low.

Problem is, it seems like every team wants a good 3C, every year.

Newsflash. Botts can execute a major shakeup strategy without trading ROR or Risto.

Buyout Pommer: former franchise captain, top 9 minute forward

Buyout Bogo: Alternate Captain, big lockerroom personality

Do not Qualify Lehner: 3 year starter, big lockeroom personality

Let numerous low level free agents walk: Pouliot, Josefson, Falk, Nolan, Gorges, etc

Allow high skill prospects (Mitts, Dahlin, Nylander, Guhle, etc) to take spots from low end RFAs (Griffith, Bailey, Baptiste, Nelson, etc)

Trade mid-low level young NHLers (McCabe, Girgs, Larsson, etc) for new mid-low level young NHLers.

And sign some quality free agents

Botts can execute a major shakeup without moving a cornerstone piece.

Last edited:

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Newsflash. Botts can execute a major shakeup strategy without trading ROR or Risto.

Buyout Pommer: former franchise captain, top 9 minute forward

Buyout Bogo: Alternate Captain, big lockerroom personality

Do not Qualify Lehner: 3 year starter, big lockeroom personality

Let numerous low level free agents walk: Pouliot, Josefson, Falk, Nolan, Gorges, etc

Allow high skill prospects (Mitts, Dahlin, Nylander, Guhle, etc) to take spots from low end RFAs (Griffith, Bailey, Baptiste, Nelson, etc)

Trade mid-low level young NHLers (McCabe, Girgs, Larsson, etc) for new mid-low level young NHLers.

Botts can execute a major shakeup without moving a cornerstone piece.

I see what you’re getting at. I don’t see the need for a Pominville buyout though. He’s already on the last year of his deal. If he’s bad enough pull a Moulson and send him to the minors, and let him sit if he doesn’t like it.

Bogosian has talent. Again it’s just my personality that I would avoid buyouts at all costs. I understand your motivation (to shakeup the core without trading O’Reilly).

But that notwithstanding, if you did everything else on your list besides those buyouts (and sent Pominville down to the AHL), that would be a decent change.

Also, I think you are correct about Lehner. I think he might be the biggest locker room personality cancer there is. I feel like going to work with that guy every day would be really tough.

All in all though I think O’Reilly will be dealt.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I see what you’re getting at. I don’t see the need for a Pominville buyout though. He’s already on the last year of his deal. If he’s bad enough pull a Moulson and send him to the minors, and let him sit if he doesn’t like it.

There is a need to rid the roster of bad players or players who don't fit the system.

Don't saddle next year's roster with anyone who could pull a Moulson.... that's the point. Show the room you are committed to winning, and not just keeping names around because of their contracts.

Bogosian has talent. Again it’s just my personality that I would avoid buyouts at all costs. I understand your motivation (to shakeup the core without trading O’Reilly).

Like Botts, you're giving too much value to short term cap implication and not enough value to winning.

But that notwithstanding, if you did everything else on your list besides those buyouts (and sent Pominville down to the AHL), that would be a decent change.

I prefer great change without sacrificing great talent.

Also, I think you are correct about Lehner. I think he might be the biggest locker room personality cancer there is. I feel like going to work with that guy every day would be really tough.

yea, he's gone.

All in all though I think O’Reilly will be dealt.

If he's dealt... I'll have little to no confidence in Botts as a GM.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad