Willingness to trade ROR

Acceptable packages for ROR

• Total voters

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I’d do it for a massive overpayment.

I’d do a 1 for 1 if it’s an impact guy who’s younger (Slavin).

Not sure I’d do much else, but possibly.

Reactions: Cirris

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I'd do several RoR based deals.

RoR type return with a top line winger prospect in place of Zads. In a bigger deal for Hanifin and Skinner. Or in a 1 for 1 trade (RoR for a top pairing dman 28 or younger)

RoR is not untouchable. He should be moved. $7.5 mil is nearly 1/10th of the cap. He can return several assets and his cap allocation used smarter.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I'm not looking to deal ROR. If some team wants to do something stupid to get him, fine.

But to me the issue is this -- how on earth do we replace the minutes ROR gives us if we trade him? Trading ROR makes us easily the worst team in the NHL on faceoffs (our 2nd best guy is Johan, and most here want him jettisoned into the sun).

I can't see a return (even somewhat unrealistically) that can persuade me to give up ROR.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
I chose Acq cost/futures + massive overpayment, because that's the only real way I consider dealing him, by combining those two. I want an overpayment that includes futures.

Reactions: Chainshot

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
If a team like Carolina really wants ROR then #2 has to be the goal.

A giant overpay. Something like ROR and Lehner for #2 and Hanifin.

Probably not realistic but that is what blows my socks off to move him out.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
If a team like Carolina really wants ROR then #2 has to be the goal.

A giant overpay. Something like ROR and Lehner for #2 and Hanifin.

Probably not realistic but that is what blows my socks off to move him out.

It's doubtful Carolina picks up his $7.5M bonus due July 1st.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
It's doubtful Carolina picks up his $7.5M bonus due July 1st.

True. Also, I think teams are gonna wait to see what Tavares does before they get desperate enough to pony up assets that might make trading ROR worthwhile. If I'm Botterill, and Carolina calls and asks about him, I'm asking for Necas + Pesce + another (smaller) piece.

Reactions: Chainshot

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
it would have to be a guaranteed trade win for us... which means a massive overpayment

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
I'm not looking to deal ROR. If some team wants to do something stupid to get him, fine.

But to me the issue is this -- how on earth do we replace the minutes ROR gives us if we trade him? Trading ROR makes us easily the worst team in the NHL on faceoffs (our 2nd best guy is Johan, and most here want him jettisoned into the sun).

I can't see a return (even somewhat unrealistically) that can persuade me to give up ROR.

Fair point. TBH, Eichel needs to step up and not be a one dimensional sieve at the face off dot, and Botteril needs to get some quality wingers with speed and skill. And upgrade that Defense, Dahlin will help. If you take about 4 minutes off of ROR's ice time and start winning a few games, that depression ROR is feeling will go away.

You can see how excited ROR was when he scored against Russia this week. It's obvious that his issues are because of the poorly built losing club team he's on. Not JUST his personal desires to play the game.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Honestly I would be more willing if Eichel had a more developed two way game at this point.

Jack needs to learn how to win face offs. He needs to learn how to play defensively. He's gotten better every year but it's still nowhere near where it should be given his physical tools.

Unless there is a plan to acquire someone that can somewhat replace ROR's face-off ability and defensive game, I am against trading ROR barring an exceptional offer.

Re-evaluate next off-season and see where Eichel is.

allsilverdreams

Jan 17, 2011
If we get JT then I would be willing to trade ROR to a team for massive overpayment.
Would like the 2oa or 3oa part of the deal,top tier young damn and B prospect.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
I think 2 under 27 NHL players that can impact our top 6 and/or top 4 D is a fair deal for O'Reilly.

I'm not eager to trade him, but if you do then you have to hit on the trade. It's basically what I said about a Myers trade. Murray failed to hit on the trade.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt

We finished last with ROR, I am sure we will find a way.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I'd trade him for the 2nd OA.

I wouldn't.

This team doesn't need to get even younger and worse at the faceoff dot.

The only two ROR trade scenarios that make sense to me are if a GM makes a deal that GMJB absolutely can't refuse that makes the team better immediately or if by some miracle GMJB convinces JT to sign here, then moving ROR for a package to improve the overall NHL roster makes sense.

Barring those two things, I don't see trading ROR making the team better.

I really like Svech as a prospect. But, trading ROR for him doesn't make sense to me.

A center like ROR >>> a goal scoring winger like Svech

Reactions: Onry and Zman5778

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
It will have to be a massive over payment. Otherwise, I'm happy to keep Ryan. I have a willingness to trade anyone on the roster for the "right deal". We've spent far too long "settling" for middling results. So if someone wants to come in and help us rebuild with futures and throws a basis of something that makes the Sabres faster, younger and better in the long term..you listen.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Any of the above if the value is there. Weird poll. I'm not restricting my negotiations to certain prototypes of deals, just whether the players coming back make us better over time.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Any of the above if the value is there. Weird poll. I'm not restricting my negotiations to certain prototypes of deals, just whether the players coming back make us better over time.

I came here to post exactly this.

I tick ALL above options. But i only trade ROR if it benefits the team in the mid to long term without destroying it short term. Any combination of these options could do that in theory - but it takes a very particular return to do so.

Reactions: TheBarnIsElectric

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Fair point. TBH, Eichel needs to step up and not be a one dimensional sieve at the face off dot, and Botteril needs to get some quality wingers with speed and skill. And upgrade that Defense, Dahlin will help. If you take about 4 minutes off of ROR's ice time and start winning a few games, that depression ROR is feeling will go away.

You can see how excited ROR was when he scored against Russia this week. It's obvious that his issues are because of the poorly built losing club team he's on. Not JUST his personal desires to play the game.

He is never going to have 4mins taken off his ice time. And where are you cutting those minutes from?

ES - 15:40
PP - 3:36
PK - 1:33
Total - 20:49

Take him off the PP? Or off the #1 PP and the PK? or take 4mins off his ES mins?

You're correct in saying a better team around him that wins more will make him more invigorated to play the game (it will for everyone on the team). But cutting 4mins off his ice time is not going to happen. At most 1-2mins as the ES ice time balances out with more talent up front. He will be a 19+min guy for the foreseeable future and he should be.

Last edited:

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Joe Yerdon was on WGR this morning and trading ROR was discussed, the host brought up a 1 for 1 deal for Dougie Hamilton and Yerdon opined that Hamilton is worth more. Jesus what a moron.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad