Player Discussion William Nylander

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Never thought I'd say it (I was never a Willy hater). But, put the C on 88.
IMO he's not suited for that role at all and he wouldn't want it, he'd rather just quietly go about his business.

Max Domi on the other hand, now he'd be perfect and he'd thrive in that role. JMHO.

Reactions: arso40 and Tak7

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I have never understood why people assume the Leafs players don't care.

Impossiblecto get to the NHL or any Pro league without having insane drive and work ethic.
It's always been a question of their work ethic / drive relative to the opposition, and consistency.

Game 5 and 6 have been exceptional efforts which really serve to question just what the hell they were upto in game 4.

Reactions: arso40 and ULF_55

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
It's always been a question of their work ethic / drive relative to the opposition.

Game 5 and 6 have been exceptional efforts which really serve to question just what the hell they were upto in game 4.
I said this in game 3.

When you have a goaltender that you have no faith in, you end up playing stupid scared hockey.

As soon as Woll came in, the entire group changed the way they played.

I can only use one of my last years playing as an example. Oir goalie was garbage. You end up not chasing the puck as hard as you should in fear that if you lose the battle, the puck is going the other way and it probably goes in

Reactions: arso40

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Thing is Willy didn't look great last game. He was similar to Marner where he was decent and got a few looks.the difference is he potted two and that's what they pay you for. Results not efforts.

Like I've seen Willy takeover play and get no goals and dominate. So it's exciting that he's got another step or two in him. He's that good of a player.

sunstersun

May 12, 2017
Thing is Willy didn't look great last game. He was similar to Marner where he was decent and got a few looks.the difference is he potted two and that's what they pay you for. Results not efforts.

Like I've seen Willy takeover play and get no goals and dominate. So it's exciting that he's got another step or two in him. He's that good of a player.
It would help if someone could please catch his passes.

Game 5 he set up 3 golden chances for his teammates to fail to receive a pass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad