Player Discussion William Nylander

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022

It seems to me that Keefe and Management are being guarded about Nylander.

Let's just call a spade a spade:

He's injured and not fit to play.

*please don't come here to tell me that there's already a Nylander thread. There is, but that's a discussion about his contract/performance.

It changes a lot of the dynamic and I am afraid that if TOR doesn't goalie BOS in this series we are looking at a 4-5 game series.

Nylander is a good player and he is crucial in the PP. Keefe relies on him to use his speed/skill to enter the zone. Without him there is are no dump and chase types to speak of.

This is quite a shocking event and it's even bigger than when Tavares was concussed vs MTL.

Last edited:

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
To be honest, losing Tavares at this point might actually be an improvement, depending on who they bring up to replace him. He's just looked like dogshit 5-on-5 for a while...

mclaren55

Apr 12, 2010
Well missing two of our wingers that combined for 55 goals will surely hurt us in the playoffs. What hurts more is getting 5 scored on you.

Reactions: Leafsfan74

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
He was healthy enough to play game 82, but not healthy enough to practice before game 1 or play game 1/2

I'm not a genius or anything but it seems like he got injured or further tweaked an injury in game 82. Seems like Keefe trying to cover his own ass so the media doesn't rip him apart for playing guys and pushing them to get personal accolades vs getting the team ready for the playoffs.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
They're guarded because if hes healthy to play game #82 then hes fine for the playoffs or he injured himself playing in Florida. ZERO chance he was playing through an injury for the last few weeks and Keefe decided to let him play through it.

That said, leafs have more than enough forwards to get the job done. D and goaltending are the issue.

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
To be honest, losing Tavares at this point might actually be an improvement, depending on who they bring up to replace him. He's just looked like dogshit 5-on-5 for a while...
What does that have to do with this thread?

Do you just shit on Tavares for fun? He was literally not the issue in the last game and actually played pretty well.

Nylander is very needed on this team but Leafs are still a deeper offensive team than Bruins even without him, and should win.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

Do you just shit on Tavares for fun? He was literally not the issue in the last game and actually played pretty well.

Nylander is very needed on this team but Leafs are still a deeper offensive team than Bruins even without him, and should win.

Depth might be in favor of the Bruins without Nylander/McMann... the 3rd line is not great and I'd take Boston's...

Top 2 lines should be Toronto.

Reactions: arso40

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019

Tavares was not good last game
He went 66% in the draw but got himself kicked out 5 or so times

on the pp he does nothing and just stands around at the side of the net. He kills zone entrances when he gets the puck

On even strength, he’s a liability in both ends with his foot speed along with decision making. Tavares’s best chance was having a partial break and taking a slapshot from the start of the circles.

Reactions: torontoblood

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
He was healthy enough to play game 82, but not healthy enough to practice before game 1 or play game 1/2

I'm not a genius or anything but it seems like he got injured or further tweaked an injury in game 82. Seems like Keefe trying to cover his own ass so the media doesn't rip him apart for playing guys and pushing them to get personal accolades vs getting the team ready for the playoffs.

Somehow this is Keefe's fault again?

Wait til you know how he got injured... the report right now is he was not injured in any game, so, like usual, this is more fan fiction from our fanbase just to hate on specific people in our organization.

Reactions: Jojalu

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Somehow this is Keefe's fault again?

Wait til you know how he got injured... the report right now is he was not injured in any game, so, like usual, this is more fan fiction from our fanbase just to hate on specific people in our organization.
Right, he got injured in his sleep so bad that he can't practice or play...seems likely.

Either he had some freak injury in his home, or in game 82

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Right, he got injured in his sleep so bad that he can't practice or play...seems likely.

Either he had some freak injury in his home, or in game 82

The reports are currently it wasn't in a game...

You can believe what you want, but I'll take the reports over someone with a theory currently.

I'll change my mind with more info if needed.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
This isn't a minor thing at all. It's the playoffs and everyone plays with minor injuries all the time, considering he's already gotten paid, the fact he isn't playing is worrisome and could be a week to week thing.

Reactions: Jojalu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad