Value of: William Nylander to Edmonton

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Are we still pretending like the Hall/Larson swap didn't work out fantastically for both teams?

If you're going to undersell what Larsson brings, and what he's proven... don't even bother pretending you know what you're talking about. But yes, the Oilers definitely downgraded hard. Hall is a great player but his style of play never would've fit in with this Oilers team.

It didn't. Edmonton didn't improve defensively last season. Cam Talbot just had a Vezina worthy season.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
lol, I didn't expect this thread to go 17 pages when I started it.

It was an honest question initially, asked and answered now (pages ago in fact).

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
uhhh lolwut

Mcdavid > Matthews
Draisaitl >> Nylander
RNH << Marner

Gardiner > Klefblom
Rielly < Larsson

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
No deal to be made here whatsoever, Edmonton can look elsewhere to solve their problems.

I'd rather trade my first born child than Nylander for any of Edmonton's pieces excluding McDavid.

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
Why was this even started? If Nylander is being moved it is for an established top pairing D man... Was this in the offer? No? Shut it down already... The season has started, I thought it would be at least until next summer when these pissing matches started happening again.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Why was this even started? If Nylander is being moved it is for an established top pairing D man... Was this in the offer? No? Shut it down already... The season has started, I thought it would be at least until next summer when these pissing matches started happening again.
Never a bad time i guess.....:laugh:

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Oilers don`t have cap when McDavid 12.5 mil $ is activated. :)

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
His two-way game isn't bad but this is hyperbole. Matthews was easily the best defensively.
How was he easily better defensively when every metric points towards Nylander being slightly better at limiting shots against, scoring chances against, and goals against?

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
How was he easily better defensively when every metric points towards Nylander being slightly better at limiting shots against, scoring chances against, and goals against?
Those stats are a result of defense and transition. Nylander is a much better transition player, Matthews is better defensively.

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
LD straight up would seem fair to me but then you have to ask yourself "why" for both teams, it's a lateral move. Klef might make some sense for TO and value is probably fair but then it makes no sense for Edm. Beyond those two, I just can't see TO trading him for multiple "lesser" assets so I just don't see a workable deal.

You may WANT Willie in Edm, but it's just not realistic

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
Those stats are a result of defense and transition. Nylander is a much better transition player, Matthews is better defensively.
When Nylander is on the ice, the leafs give up less shots, scoring chances and goals against. If thats the result of being good in transition, then to me, that makes you a good defender.

Mar 26, 2010
uhhh lolwut

Mcdavid > Matthews
Draisaitl >> Nylander
RNH << Marner

Gardiner > Klefblom
Rielly < Larsson
Matthews is a lot closer to McDavid than Leaf haters like to post. It is all a game.

Now lets talk team depth,

Toronto >>> Edmonton AINEC

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Why would Edmonton want him? he's Gagner 2.0, at least that's what they told us over and over and over again after he was drafted.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Why would Edmonton want him? he's Gagner 2.0, at least that's what they told us over and over and over again after he was drafted.
If you're going to make a claim at least make sure its the right one. Not that I ever posted anything as such or ever agreed with it, but I'm pretty sure those fans you're speaking of called Marner Gagner 2.0. You know given the fact that they were both undersized players playing for powerhouse London teams with question marks about their top end speed.

Mar 26, 2010
If you're going to make a claim at least make sure its the right one. Not that I ever posted anything as such or ever agreed with it, but I'm pretty sure those fans you're speaking of called Marner Gagner 2.0. You know given the fact that they were both undersized players playing for powerhouse London teams with question marks about their top end speed.
LOL :popcorn:

Gagner is not on the same planet as Marner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad