William Nylander - The execution meister.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
How does one go from total hero game to zero game. He had zero game tonight, it was pathetic like he was out partying all night. Destination 4th line, again.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
That's a mind-boggling take from that game. Willie was one of our best forwards.

Every single time I looked at him he was coasting out of position. Soft on the puck or missing passes. If he was one of the best there is no wonder why we lost.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Every single time I looked at him he was coasting out of position. Soft on the puck or missing passes. If he was one of the best there is no wonder why we lost.

Watched the game live and Willie was buzzing the whole game. He back checked, forechecked, took pucks away, blocked passing lanes and was driving offence. If anyone was out of position, it was Marner.

Leaffan1991

Oct 22, 2016
Canada
How does one go from total hero game to zero game. He had zero game tonight, it was pathetic like he was out partying all night. Destination 4th line, again.
Did you even watch the game?? He was the best player for the leafs. I think you might just hate him and have a negative attitude towards him no matter how he plays.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
That's a mind-boggling take from that game. Willie was one of our best forwards.

i feel like he is attempting to rip on Nylander as bad as he has ripped on Marner, and therefore he can show he isnt biased.

Nylander was one of the best leafs tonight, even hit a post. Komarov just always manages to get in the way on that line it happened when marner went there too. Nylander tried to cut into the middle on one play ran straight into komarov resulting in a vancouver rush up ice. That is why Brown works with Kadri all 3 just go north south Komarov doesnt have to think too much

Reactions: studebaker17

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017

Nylander is taking line rushes at center with JVR and Marner at practice today.

Likely a case of Bozak still being out, but interesting outside possibility all the same.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Interesting. Nylander practiced at center, yet when Bobby Mac was on the radio today he said "it's pretty obvious the Leafs organization doesn't see Nylander as a center".

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Interesting. Nylander practiced at center, yet when Bobby Mac was on the radio today he said "it's pretty obvious the Leafs organization doesn't see Nylander as a center".

Leafs probably want to lock him up long term as a "winger" before unleashing him as a center.

If Nylander played the last 53 games and amassed a point per game while playing both ends. He would command 9 million at least. As great as that is, it would push a valuable piece out the door. He is 6 to 7 million right now as a winger.

Reactions: supermann_98

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Leafs probably want to lock him up long term as a "winger" before unleashing him as a center.

If Nylander played the last 53 games and amassed a point per game while playing both ends. He would command 9 million at least. As great as that is, it would push a valuable piece out the door. He is 6 to 7 million right now as a winger.

I don't see Nylander sticking around here as a winger. Probably demand trade before that happens.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
I'd rather have Marleau at centre and having Bozak sit (at least some of the time.) JVR, Leivo, Komarov, Martin, Soshnikov can man left wing. At least this year, keep Nylander on RW.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
This "he isn't a center talk" information going around is probably just for contractual reasons. Centers get bigger contracts than wingers, and it just so happens that they need to re-sign Matthews and Marner next year. No way Babs has pulled a 180 on his feelings on him playing C long term last year, especially when he hasn't been given the chance yet, and his two way game has only gotten better since last year.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
This "he isn't a center talk" information going around is probably just for contractual reasons. Centers get bigger contracts than wingers, and it just so happens that they need to re-sign Matthews and Marner next year. No way Babs has pulled a 180 on his feelings on him playing C long term last year, especially when he hasn't been given the chance yet, and his two way game has only gotten better since last year.

It’s an interesting point. LD was able to rangke the Oilers out of more money than any of his young peers in part because his team said he’d be a centre (and the fact Chia is bad at contracts).

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

There is 0% chance William Nylander is a winger. There is 0% chance he will be a winger here long term. He is a C and plays like a C. He also is better when playing C. The Nylander family has been around the block and won't get strong armed, his Dad knows a thing or two.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad