Will Zuccarello clear waivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfy*

I wouldn't mind earning a million dollars doing nothing but watching hockey. Zucc doesn't know how lucky he is...

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Vigneault

On whether Zuccarello is a healthy scratch because of his performance or based on the opponent: “I would say more performance based but that being said though, there are quite a few players that could have been in his position also, it’s not like we’re getting tons of offensive production up front here. He’s the one that tonight sits out, I know he’s disappointed but he’s a hard-working individual and he’s going to have a couple of good practices and hopefully when he gets another opportunity he’ll be able to step in and play well.â€

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/...of_discusses_his_injury_zuccarello_scratched/

Wolfy*

Comment from Scott Arniel to media:

-Mats is an individual who thinks a lot, his problems on the ice really bothers him. One result is lack of sleep, he needs some rest and self confidence. We'll turn this together, and he may be back in the lineup on Saturday.

Im glad his coaches support him, unlike many of the fans...

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Hard to get a lot of sleep with 3 games in 9 nights....(and 5 days since the last one). What's next? It has been a good week for Mats according to his horoscopes?

94now

May 24, 2004
Snow Belt, USA
I wouldn't mind earning a million dollars doing nothing but watching hockey. Zucc doesn't know how lucky he is...

Players alway think about thier career, new contract, etc. They rotinely lie when they say they care the most about the organization, fans and other BS. Once they stop focusing on it they retire. Healty scratch is a negative statistical number that will cost down the road. So million now will turn into less or nothing later. You also cannot gain any points from press box.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
I called it after the 4th game, he was overthinking things and second guessing himself..

That's not good for anybody..

94now

May 24, 2004
Snow Belt, USA
I called it after the 4th game, he was overthinking things and second guessing himself..

I don't think MZA is way out of the groove. AV needed bench someone. That what coaches do to shake the team up. It usually works. AV could not do it to bottom 6 guy. It wouldn't make sense. Role players rarily sit. Hence, Matts. Who else if not him? Hey, Yakupov was benched, it a good company.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim

So your analysis is: He is overthinking and second guessing himself, at the same time he's complacent and overconfident? Contradicting yourself much?

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I just dont think hes very good. Ill stick with that until further notice.

I agree to an extent. I think Mats has the value to contribute to this team. He can absolutely be better. AV said basically what I said earlier today, it isn't just Zucc, it could be a number of guys sitting. Saturday it could be Pouliot.

BRB and I faced the disagreements from the Zucc fan camp during the offseason while the contract negotiations were taking place. We just did not feel he was worth that much. The biggest reason is because he has essentially next to nothing of a sample size. He hasn't proven anything yet. He had no leverage in the talks imo. And so he got a deal done for himself, and through 7 games, he has zero points. That is a problem.

Wolfy*

Well, Zuke is obviously not our problem, the loss in Philly puts him back in the lineup :)

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011

Totally agree. But why not more? How about 3,2 millions (brassard)?
3,1? (Stepan)
1,5? (Pyatt)

Some really good money for sucking.....

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
Well, Zuke is obviously not our problem, the loss in Philly puts him back in the lineup :)

Totally agree. But why not more? How about 3,2 millions (brassard)?
3,1? (Stepan)
1,5? (Pyatt)

Some really good money for sucking.....

You wonder why Zucc is being called out, while you don't hear too much of other under performers?

It's because of posts like those.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
If Prospal comes, do you guys think it will be the end of zukes ranger career?

If this is how the Rangers season is going to continue, for his own career it might be what he should hope for. To be put on waivers and claimed by a team that lets him get his starts in the offensive zone, where he had success last year.

This season he starts most of his shifts in the defensive zone, and so far its not working out.

#FireAV

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Jeez, Zucc fanboys, do you not SEE that you're fanboys? You come here strictly to post about him and ONLY mention other players in the context of "oh yeah, well, look at how bad this guys sucks - how come you're not blaming him too? huh? huh?"

Good God.

Here is what he's done so far this year:
Mats Zuccarello, RW 7 0 0 0 -3 4 16:42 0 0 0 0 7 0.0

While bringing the least physical presence of any player on the team.

Unacceptable.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
If some of the Zuccarello fans paid attention to posts and threads other than those concerning Zuccarello, they would see that other players are getting criticized and he is not getting singled out.

Boyle, Pouliot, and Pyatt are perhaps the most hated players on the roster right now. Stepan and Brassard are receiving a lot of flack lately as well. ALL of these players plus Zucc are getting called out, and rightfully so.

Anderss

Oct 17, 2013
Jeez, Zucc fanboys, do you not SEE that you're fanboys? You come here strictly to post about him and ONLY mention other players in the context of "oh yeah, well, look at how bad this guys sucks - how come you're not blaming him too? huh? huh?"

Good God.

Unacceptable.

You need to relax. I asked a question, nothing more.
And I belive we all agree he has had a poor start to the season, along with
many others. Dont know what you are so angry about.
And tbh I dont care.

Ilovemymum

recreational MD
Feb 17, 2010

Good God.

Unacceptable.

I think you're missing out that there is (finally?) a concensus that he has been stinking so far this season.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia

Good God.

Unacceptable.

sure some are but come on man the whole team stinks. Go down the list. I don't see Pyatt or Pouliott scratched yet

Zucc hopefually can bounce back with a few goals. I have more hope in him then the other 2 mentioned

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
You need to relax. I asked a question, nothing more.
And I belive we all agree he has had a poor start to the season, along with
many others. Dont know what you are so angry about.
And tbh I dont care.

First of all, just a word to the wise - telling anyone they "need to relax" is a really, really good way to get them to do the opposite.

Did I quote you? No, I did not. We're nine pages in to the thread and I was referring in general to those who come here strictly to post about Zuccarello, who crop up in every thread where he is mentioned. Those who show a blatant lack of interest in the Rangers as anything other than a vehicle for Zuccarello to play. The same thing that infuriated me about Avery and his legion of fanboys.

But it's telling that you felt the need to respond (despite the fact that you say you don't care) - thanks for proving my point.

Anderss

Oct 17, 2013
First of all, just a word to the wise - telling anyone they "need to relax" is a really, really good way to get them to do the opposite.

Did I quote you? No, I did not. We're nine pages in to the thread and I was referring in general to those who come here strictly to post about Zuccarello, who crop up in every thread where he is mentioned. Those who show a blatant lack of interest in the Rangers as anything other than a vehicle for Zuccarello to play. The same thing that infuriated me about Avery and his legion of fanboys.

But it's telling that you felt the need to respond (despite the fact that you say you don't care) - thanks for proving my point.

Hehe ok whatever you say.

Point is we agree that he had been playing bad.
So actually we dont have anything to argue about.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad