Rumor: Will you bring a burger to the next home game???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
honestly the burger thing is a great idea but people are abusing it

i was at the game yesterday and people threw burgers which was fine, but then some dumb*** threw a beer on the ice...like i mean why, what was the ****ing point of it

It's why we can't have nice things as a society

There's always idiots who abuse them and force them to be taken away

Backpass

Jan 4, 2015
I do agree wasting food like that while they are people out there starving doesn't make any sense. Maybe some individuals may say that it is being done for the fun of it, but I would certainly prefer if the Sens organisation would promote the sale/usage of toy burgers instead. After all, it would be way easier to pick it up off the ice.

johan f

Jun 23, 2008
Sweden
I do agree wasting food like that while they are people out there starving doesn't make any sense. Maybe some individuals may say that it is being done for the fun of it, but I would certainly prefer if the Sens organisation would promote the sale/usage of toy burgers instead. After all, it would be way easier to pick it up off the ice.

Sens marketing department ought to manufacture burgers in plastic like thr rats in Florida.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
It's why we can't have nice things as a society

There's always idiots who abuse them and force them to be taken away

Yep. Sad but true.

The money spent on Sens tickets is also wasteful, when you think about the needy people out there. If we want to get ticky tacky, that is. In one way or another, just about everything in North America could be considered a waste compared to how the bottom 1% of the planet live. If we wanted to, we could all guilt ourselves to death thinking about it.

It is what it is. Hopefully the Sens will figure out something that works.

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
Who would win on the Sens in burger eating contest?

Karlsson would start off quick and then I think he would get tired and need a rest.

Cowen could eat an elephant but would he know how to pace himself?

Condra would start slow but has the stamina to outlast everyone.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Who would win on the Sens in burger eating contest?

Karlsson would start off quick and then I think he would get tired and need a rest.

Cowen could eat an elephant but would he know how to pace himself?

Condra would start slow but has the stamina to outlast everyone.

Doesn't Turris consume like 6k calories a day? Sometimes those annoying skinny buggers can pack away more than anyone.

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008

I hate to be the one to break this to you, but McDonalds burgers aren't a whole lot more nourishing than a plastic cheeseburger of equal mass.

StittsvilleJames

Apr 17, 2012
Ottawa
My Grandfather used to buy rubber squeaky burgers for his dogs. The Sens should sell those, and then donate them to the humane society after they're thrown, and the money from the sales to the food bank.

Win-win and good karma.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
This genie will actually be hard to put back in the bottle without resorting to penalties for the team. Hopefully the refs wait until the final minute of play when the game is in hand for us before sending the message to the fans.

Imagine losing a playoff game because some jackass throws a hamburger too soon?!

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
I'd get my wife to take a pic of me eating a burger there with a hamburglar mask on for fun, but the burger throwing is not working out too well... to many idiots throwing before the clock is down to 0:00 and if there's a losing streak this /next year, I'm worried idiots will start using players as targets for their burgers... and you got the potential for Leafs/Habs fans to worry about at our games throwing burgers for the WRONG reasons too, like if Hammond has a bad game... I think they need to give reminders throughout the game about not throwing anything on the ice at all....

Philoops

I am Potato
Jul 19, 2011
Canada
Saw some moron try to get into the game with a mcdonalds bag and he was obviously stopped. People must be smuggling them in through their underwear, nasty. Honesty, they should give out plastic burgers or whatever, as has been suggested. It isn't funny seeing a load of **** explode from the sky as burgers split apart and splatter the ice... Well it was funny the first time.

Philoops

I am Potato
Jul 19, 2011
Canada
Also: people are actually complaining about the wasted food? Complain about the mega mcdonalds coporation and its free advertising and how it should be using this as an opportunity to donate, if anything. Mcdonalds burgers (coming from someone who eats them sometimes) arent food. It's the free advertising that I have some issue with, not that mcdonalds needs it. Hammond is a billboard, lol. Whatever.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004

Agree here. Plastic Burgers, and sell them for 3$ or 2 for 5$. Plastic means reusable, so once tossed could be recycled for resale. 2$ per Burger goes to Ronald McDonald House.

They sell more Burgers I'd think as well.

Backpass

Jan 4, 2015
Agree here. Plastic Burgers, and sell them for 3$ or 2 for 5$. Plastic means reusable, so once tossed could be recycled for resale. 2$ per Burger goes to Ronald McDonald House.

They sell more Burgers I'd think as well.

Love the idea and this would be a win win situation. .

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
I didn't like seeing the burgers out there after the 4th goal. The Sens were rolling with momentum, and the burgers gave the Sharks a free time out to get composed.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Let's say you're going to use a real burger and you go to McDonald's to get one with the intention of throwing it on the ice. Why are people ordering these burgers with pickles onions ketchup and mustard? That seems so idiotic to throw on the ice. Get a plain hamburger so it isn't messy.

Plus it's more expensive. I can't wrap my head around this

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
All those who tossed burgers before the conclusion of the game are clueless or ignorent if you ask me. The worst were the one's who waited until they were cleaned up on the ice then decided to throw there's, causing further delay...then there's the beer cans???

Don't mind them once the game is concluded officially however before that seems like amatuer hour.

sensR4real

Apr 19, 2006
Ottawa
Seriously, wait until the end of the game. Not 1:48 left or :35 left, at the end, as in after the buzzer!! If the sens ever get a penalty because of one of you dbags, I will go all Bertuzzi on your a$$e$!!!:shakehead

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Seriously, wait until the end of the game. Not 1:48 left or :35 left, at the end, as in after the buzzer!! If the sens ever get a penalty because of one of you dbags, I will go all Bertuzzi on your a$$e$!!!:shakehead

Almost more of a question of not if but how many penalties/potential losses will it take to get through to some of our local mouth breathing friends?

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Kinda wish they gave bench minor last game after Turris goal. Better show this is for real now than when the score is close.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
Maybe opposing fans are throwing them in the hopes of getting their team a PP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad