Rumor: Will you bring a burger to the next home game???

Status
Not open for further replies.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Agree here. Plastic Burgers, and sell them for 3$ or 2 for 5$. Plastic means reusable, so once tossed could be recycled for resale. 2$ per Burger goes to Ronald McDonald House.

They sell more Burgers I'd think as well.

I can't really imagine an arena selling items that are implicitly intended for throwing on the ice..
Some guy out of the back of a van in the parking lot however...

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Throwing anything on the ice is STUPID. Should permently eject any fan who throws anything excluding hats. Maybe a 500.00 fine for littering.

Why stop there? The security guards should clearly execute them on the spot and bury them beside the creak in a shallow, unmarked grave.

Those littering ass hats

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Ya, this gotta stop. do it after the game, team is gonna get a costly penalty sooner then later.

White Out 403*

Jets fan here... pulling hard for you guys. So pumped to see the Senators back in the playoff mix. I hope you guys make it and knock out the Habs round 1. Go Sens!

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Ya, this gotta stop. do it after the game, team is gonna get a costly penalty sooner then later.
Don't worry, the rats ended in Florida, the Octo's in Detroit, all good things come to an end! :nod:
Jets fan here... pulling hard for you guys. So pumped to see the Senators back in the playoff mix. I hope you guys make it and knock out the Habs round 1. Go Sens!

ha me too! The Hab fans are getting nervous! :yo:

Backpass

Jan 4, 2015
Kinda wish they gave bench minor last game after Turris goal. Better show this is for real now than when the score is close.

This is such a stupid rule that it almost looked like the refs improvised that on the spot. Could you imagine if opponent team fans start throwing burgers on the ice so that their team gets a power play?

Tnouc Alucard

Sep 10, 2014
Yep. Sad but true.

The money spent on Sens tickets is also wasteful, when you think about the needy people out there. If we want to get ticky tacky, that is. In one way or another, just about everything in North America could be considered a waste compared to how the bottom 1% of the planet live. If we wanted to, we could all guilt ourselves to death thinking about it.

It is what it is. Hopefully the Sens will figure out something that works.

The Money spent on Sens tickets supports the franchise, that generates MILLIONS in tax revenues for three levels of government that have a number of social services that help the needy people out there.:hockey:

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
Dan Séguin
@SeguinSports
Andrew Hammond says he agrees with the Food Bank. Stop throwing burgers and make a donation! Toy burgers accepted. #cbcott #Sens

Good.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
What's he going to say? That he disagrees with the food bank? That would be a PR nightmare.

More food is wasted every minute of every day than a few hamburgers at a hockey game.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
What's he going to say? That he disagrees with the food bank? That would be a PR nightmare.

More food is wasted every minute of every day than a few hamburgers at a hockey game.

If he really was a hamburglar he would be greedy and disagree -_-

Plus I agree mcdonalds themselves waste sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much food it's quite disgusting.

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
I wonder how the refs make the decision on throwing items on the ice?
They are clearly aware of the new tradition so can they just immediatley call a penalty on the home team as soon as it happens or are they required to warn the crowd and if it happens again they can penalize us only then?

I say wait until the end of the game 0.00, also as much as I find it neat that the fans are engaged it does look a little trashy seeing a messy wrapper and burger on the ice. It would look better if everyone throwing them had the same kind of foam burger.

As for the food bank and the comments about wasting food and asking for donations, I understand it but people are less likely to donate their 9 bucks because its not as fun. Why not get proactive about it and have a food bank rep sell the foam burgers and make some money that way. Also you can get volunteer skaters to pick them all up at a designated stoppage in play and resell them the next game, they are missing the boat on a revenue generator because eventually this will stop...Anderson is going to get better and play again. They have had a month now to get this together but still nothing. Everyone has said to do this leading me to believe that people will purchase/donate. Even if its 500 burgers/game(not much given the attendance) you could make 1000-2000 $ no problem, depending on pricing. Just seems like a wasted opportunity.
I also agree that if I choose to spend my money on something I can do what I want for it.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
BM said when he was in Florida the NHL made him stop the rubber rats on the ice.
Please no burgers until after the game, I'm gonna freak if we get a penalty and one is coming soon ,as we've been warned eneough now.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Don't worry, the rats ended in Florida, the Octo's in Detroit, all good things come to an end! :nod:

ha me too! The Hab fans are getting nervous! :yo:

Yes they are. a few of my Habs friends are livid with the current winning streak and wildcard spot. I am rooting for you guys to make it!!!!

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Saw a ref take one in the face last game he was kind of leaning down to pick another burger up and one came down and clipped his visor and opened right up...i laughed then thought i wouldn't want people throwing burgers at me at my workplace lol....unless i was able to catch and eat them i guess

Also saw several people take it to the back of the head in the front rows as burgs failed to make the ice....many scrambling to get out of the area for fear of getting hit, staining etc...

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
So they putting EK/Methot on the jumbotron to say stop throwing burgers. they should have done Hammond with the mask on for it.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I wonder how the refs make the decision on throwing items on the ice?
They are clearly aware of the new tradition so can they just immediatley call a penalty on the home team as soon as it happens or are they required to warn the crowd and if it happens again they can penalize us only then?

I say wait until the end of the game 0.00, also as much as I find it neat that the fans are engaged it does look a little trashy seeing a messy wrapper and burger on the ice. It would look better if everyone throwing them had the same kind of foam burger.

As for the food bank and the comments about wasting food and asking for donations, I understand it but people are less likely to donate their 9 bucks because its not as fun. Why not get proactive about it and have a food bank rep sell the foam burgers and make some money that way. Also you can get volunteer skaters to pick them all up at a designated stoppage in play and resell them the next game, they are missing the boat on a revenue generator because eventually this will stop...Anderson is going to get better and play again. They have had a month now to get this together but still nothing. Everyone has said to do this leading me to believe that people will purchase/donate. Even if its 500 burgers/game(not much given the attendance) you could make 1000-2000 $ no problem, depending on pricing. Just seems like a wasted opportunity.
I also agree that if I choose to spend my money on something I can do what I want for it.

Rule 63.4 of the NHL rulebook, introduced following the Florida Panthers 'Rat Trick':
Objects Thrown on the Ice – In the event that objects are thrown on the ice that interfere with the progress of the game, the Referee shall blow the whistle and stop the play and the puck shall be faced-off at a face-off spot in the zone nearest to the spot where play is stopped. When objects are thrown on the ice during a stoppage in play, including after the scoring of a goal, the Referee shall have announced over the public address system that any further occurrences will result in a bench minor penalty being assessed to the home Team. Articles thrown onto the ice following a special occasion (i.e. hat trick) will not result in a bench minor penalty being assessed. Refer also to Rule 53.6 when spectator interference occurs during a breakaway.​

So it's a nearly 20 year old rule. Just most fanbases that do something like that by now have learned to do it at the end of a game, so it's not going to come up that often.

BigBush*

They made it sound like throwing burgers after the game was fine.

I'll make a $20 donation to the food bank and then throw my crappy $1 McDonald's burger on the ice to support the team.

**** off with the beer cans though

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Rule 63.4 of the NHL rulebook, introduced following the Florida Panthers 'Rat Trick':
Objects Thrown on the Ice – In the event that objects are thrown on the ice that interfere with the progress of the game, the Referee shall blow the whistle and stop the play and the puck shall be faced-off at a face-off spot in the zone nearest to the spot where play is stopped. When objects are thrown on the ice during a stoppage in play, including after the scoring of a goal, the Referee shall have announced over the public address system that any further occurrences will result in a bench minor penalty being assessed to the home Team. Articles thrown onto the ice following a special occasion (i.e. hat trick) will not result in a bench minor penalty being assessed. Refer also to Rule 53.6 when spectator interference occurs during a breakaway.​

So it's a nearly 20 year old rule. Just most fanbases that do something like that by now have learned to do it at the end of a game, so it's not going to come up that often.
We are safe guys. Burgling another team IS special occasion. Keep em coming.

Rufio65*

I worked for Canada Bread and at the depot I worked at we would throw out $1,000+ of bread on a daily basis. Who cares about a few hamburgers?

Who cares what people spend their money on? After living in Ottawa for 3 years I can safely say that it is the city that fun forgot. Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->