Rumor: Will you bring a burger to the next home game???

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBush*

How dare people have fun ?! Also, its clear that the players themselves find it harmless fun too.

Turris was on the radio talking about how fun its been recently. He said something like "this streak has been so fun, I mean c'mon, people are throwing burgers on the ice" :laugh:

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
My only problem with the burgers is when they are thrown before the end of the game. Let the game finish and then throw your burgers. We're going to end up with a delay of game penalty one day. Last night, all kind of **** was thrown on the ice during the last minute. I will assume Leafs fans had something to do with that but still.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
Guys, how about....

OFB-logo2011-R-BILING.jpg

Throwing away perfectly good food is pretty much the most "first world" thing ever in my opinion. I like the idea of starting new traditions and loving our team, but it all seems a bit wasteful when there are people struggling to eat. Sorry to guilt trip, but I can't shake the thought...

Wow can't believe this post has been completely ignored.

Wake up people.

SenatorArmy*

Why not put starving kids on the ice after the game and that way when the burgers are thrown they can eat them directly

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
honestly the burger thing is a great idea but people are abusing it

i was at the game yesterday and people threw burgers which was fine, but then some dumb*** threw a beer on the ice...like i mean why, what was the ****ing point of it

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box

i was at the game yesterday and people threw burgers which was fine, but then some dumb*** threw a beer on the ice...like i mean why, what was the ****ing point of it
Ummm, let me guess, the Leafs lost!:sarcasm:

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Wow can't believe this post has been completely ignored.

Wake up people.

i guarantee you that each individual grocery store in the Ottawa area throws away more food every night than the entirety of what will be thrown onto the ice in the coming weeks.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
i guarantee you that each individual grocery store in the Ottawa area throws away more food every night than the entirety of what will be thrown onto the ice in the coming weeks.

Phew, that's a relief.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011

Pointless drunken stuff.

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008
If people just have to do this, they need to wait until the game is completely over.

They could also just not do it, but that probably won't happen at this point.

Sidetracked

Feb 12, 2010
After the game or with a game clinching goal in the last seconds i get it, but with 6 minutes left. Really people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad