Will They Do Anything With All This Cap Space?

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
I'd consider Backlund straight across. Maybe.. I dunno. If they retained some salary or threw in a 2nd/3rd.

Everyone is low on Stastny now.. it's a gamble because he could get back to form with a change of scenery. Or he could suck and Backlund could finally breakout in Colorado.

Tough one.

I dont think theyd want another center wed probably have to part with wotherspoon +

TylerSVT*

Do not want Stastny, not even for Corban Knight. I dont like how he plays and he strikes me as a lazy inconsistent player.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I think the Avs would need a winger given their excess centremen. But yeah, they would rather have a defensemen I'm sure.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Other than the Erixon fiasco. I don't Feaster has ever won a trade with the Flames.

We definitely won the Iggy trade. Pittsburgh got nothing out of the deal going forward. They didn't win their cup and lost Iggy for nothing. Calgary got a first round pick and two prospects, both of whom will likely end up as regulars in the NHL, as far as I can tell.

The issue seems to be that people think we should have won by more.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
We definitely won the Iggy trade. Pittsburgh got nothing out of the deal going forward. They didn't win their cup and lost Iggy for nothing. Calgary got a first round pick and two prospects, both of whom will likely end up as regulars in the NHL, as far as I can tell.

How can we have won that trade when none of those prospects have done anything at the NHL level right now? That one is in limbo given the pieces we got back.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
How can we have won that trade when none of those prospects have done anything at the NHL level right now? That one is in limbo given the pieces we got back.

Hanowski has done something at the NHL level, and his contribution to the Flames organization in his cup of coffee is fairly comparable to the contribution of Iginla to the Pittsburgh cup bid.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Hanowski has done something at the NHL level, and his contribution to the Flames organization in his cup of coffee is fairly comparable to the contribution of Iginla to the Pittsburgh cup bid.

Hanowski's 1 point is 5 games is comparable to Iginla's 12 points in 15 games in the playoffs?

You have lost me.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Hanowski's 1 point is 5 games is comparable to Iginla's 12 points in 15 games in the playoffs?

You have lost me.

My point is that Pittsburgh never really got anything out of Iginla, did they? Did you ever watch any of those Pittsburgh playoff wins and say "boy, those guys are lucky to have him?" Not at all in my case. He was frankly more noticeable in losses than in wins.

Yes, he collected points, but I feel like if they had another player in his spot, they would have collected those points too.

Saying all this, I hope you know that I absolutely respect and am a passionate fan and defender of Jarome Iginla. I just don't feel that Pittsburgh's cup run was positively effected by Iginla's play. Hanowski didn't do much either in his games with Calgary, so in comparing Iginla's contribution to his, it's a comment on Iginla, not Ben. I feel that we have seen enough of Hanowski and Agostino to say that at this point, they are better poised to help us win a cup in the future than Iginla would have been.

TylerSVT*

I think you are overvaluing both Agostino and Hanowski (Klimchuk as well), and that we only won because Iginla split due to the cap, had he played excellent and taken the team on his back Pittsburgh would have re-signed him.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00