Will the Penguins make the playoffs?

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Completely dependent on whether or not Sid wakes up.

That and if the D and MAF hold up.
Letang coming back and playing well will help immensely.
Theres actually a chance that happens if he can stay healthy cuz his D partners will be Maata, Domoulin, or Daley(or player brought in via trade).
Scuds ain't around anymore and Sully hates Cole.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
No not with this defense. Unless they reshape the roster to become tougher with more size, no way. The division will pound them as a soft small roster. Iles, Flyers, Caps, Columbus just will take all kinds of shots at the Pens.

joeyjake5

Feb 23, 2014
I'm actually going to say yes. Why? I have no clue. :laugh:

Well,that says it all. Those that believe the pens will make it just don't have a clue. See the Jet's response above, that's why they are not going to make it.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
At this point I don't think so. The second half of the season has us playing the Metro a lot more and our division always tortures us, and we're already five points out.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
At this point I don't think so. The second half of the season has us playing the Metro a lot more and our division always tortures us, and we're already five points out.

Maybe part of the recent overhaul was designed to improve the odds against such foes?

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
No.

We can talk about coaching, identity, effort, the front office, accountability, line combinations, ice time and everything else until we're blue in the face. And it's all valid to one degree or another. But I truly, truly feel this is simply a bad mix of players that doesn't fit together very well... especially the supposed "scoring line" players on this team. A decent collection of guys on paper... no chemistry out on the ice.

I mean... obviously some of it is going to be adrenaline but what does it say when two guys in Wilson and Sheary who have come in from the minors with no notable pedigree look instantly like better fits than just about anyone else tried out on the flanks this year?

I'm hoping just as much as everyone else that they all just suddenly "get it." And, for the record, I feel this team has actually started to play a much better brand of hockey under the new guy. But I just don't see this team coming together... at least not enough to make a push. Maybe we'll get lucky and find a couple of guys among the wreckage who can help the team in future seasons.

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Felt like bumping this...

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
No not with this defense. Unless they reshape the roster to become tougher with more size, no way. The division will pound them as a soft small roster. Iles, Flyers, Caps, Columbus just will take all kinds of shots at the Pens.

hehehe

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
No - unless they figure out how to consistently beat teams in their own division, which they're not constructed to do. And certainly not if Fleury is out for any length of time.

Those were dark times. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad